House

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
wicked
Catalano

House

Post by wicked » Feb 9th 2005, 12:19 pm

( OK I checked and didn't find anothe house thread.)

I've become really interested in this show. Hugh Laurie Looked so familiare then I realised he was the poncy prince in Blackadder, another perenial favorite of mine.

Just wondering if anyone else is getting hooked on this show.

Also if you are watching how did last nights episode end??? My hubby called me down a to fix the computer just as the mystery was about to be solved!!! :evil:
"So this is hell. I'd never have believed it. You remember all we were told about the torture-chambers, the fire and brimstone, the "burning marl." Old wive's tales! There's no need for red-hot pokers. HELL IS - OTHER PEOPLE!"

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Feb 9th 2005, 1:40 pm

wicked, I've been watching House as well, although sometimes I miss a little bit of the first half hour because I switch between House & Scrubs (Zach Braff is just too cute, I can't help but watch Scrubs too!).

At the end of last night's episode [spoiler]the crazy woman kept talking about James, and the doctors thought James was her husband, but he was her son. I forget exactly what the ailment was, but the doctors went to her house, found birth certificates and newpaper clippings revealing that her son & husband died two years ago in a car crash, while the crazy lady just broke her arm in that crash, so her guilt was sort of driving her nuts. The black doctor (Foreman, maybe... I don't know any names!) sat by her bedside in the last scene and said he was Paul (her husband), and he was there to forgive her. She accepted it and passed away. Her guilt was keeping her alive and killing her at the same time, sort of. Sorry I forgot what the ailment she had was! I'm sure you can find better recaps somewhere else on the internet.[/spoiler]
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Feb 9th 2005, 1:43 pm

I just checked http://www.fox.com/house and it does not have last night's episode on there yet. But it will soon, I imagine.
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

wicked
Catalano

Post by wicked » Feb 9th 2005, 2:49 pm

THANKS I had it all up till they went to (spoiler: )her houseOh btw she had (spoiler: )rabies. but becuase she was a street person it was never diagnosed.

I knew someone here would know!!
"So this is hell. I'd never have believed it. You remember all we were told about the torture-chambers, the fire and brimstone, the "burning marl." Old wive's tales! There's no need for red-hot pokers. HELL IS - OTHER PEOPLE!"

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Feb 15th 2005, 10:43 pm

I am watching House right now, and there was a commercial for the local news on in the middle of the show. The disease has not been revealed yet, we're only half-way through, and the newswoman on the commercial said "As seen on House, could [spoiler]termites[/spoiler] be making you sick? Tonight at 9" I am SO MAD now!!!!! :evil: Way to give away the ending, fox4news.

~~Kristin~~

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Feb 16th 2005, 1:04 am

that's horrible, Kristin, you should totally write foxnews and complain. it's probably a lame news story anyhow. they are always trying to relate what's on tv to what's happening local. boring.

I'm not too sure about House. I was watching one episode with my roommate and I was sure I had seen it before, I even knew the ending and everything. but my roommate was adamant that it was a new series. and sure enough, they had stolen a story from another one of those shows (sorry, I get them all mixed up). so after that, I haven't really felt the urge to watch again.

wicked
Catalano

Post by wicked » Feb 17th 2005, 2:46 pm

:shock: brain not working when amking spoiler....good thing the show had already been shown

season
Liberty High Student

Post by season » Jun 30th 2005, 9:09 am

The show is in its 3rd week here, and very funny. Probably the best thing Hugh has done, though with his track record that is saying something.

The classic clip for me so far was the 'mp3 player'! Just to see Hugh taking it in. Very funny.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Sep 15th 2005, 9:10 pm

Although I heard a lot of good things about House last year before it premiered, I chose Veronica Mars and stuck with it. I was able to catch some of the House reruns over the summer and liked it, so I watched the season premiere this week. Funny as usual, and I love LL Cool J. I'm not sure how I feel about Cameron though. Being a good (aka responsible) doctor means giving your patient the diagnosis even if you know it will be upsetting.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

nkatsa
Three Rivers Resident

Post by nkatsa » May 2nd 2006, 2:06 am

oh man, i am getting totally hooked on this show. hugh laurie is hilarious and quite a magnificent bastard when he wants to be, but always in a delightfully charming way. :lol: i love Cuddy too... a perfect no-nonsense match for him. anyone else see some sexual tension between them there? ;)
I bet you can actually die of embarrassment. I bet it's been medically proven.

Tish
Three Rivers Resident

Re: House

Post by Tish » Dec 12th 2009, 2:24 am

i love hugh laurie and his character...he and his wicked sarcasm and pills...gregory house rocks :evilbat:
"i am a punk rocker, and i fight for justice!"