Welcome to our new forum!

Comments/questions about the site or the forum? Post them here. Additionally you'll find here important announcements and news releases from MSCL.com.
Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Welcome to our new forum!

Post by Sascha » Jul 9th 2002, 7:50 am

Welcome everyone in our new forum! Many things changed, the forum has a completely new interface and layout and lots of new options and other features.

Especially visitors from other countries will like the possibility to switch to another forum language or change the time zone.

We added also a few forums to make it easier to find the informations you're looking for. There's now also an off-topic forum for talk about things not related to "My So-Called Life".

Over the next few hours, all previously registered members of our old forum will receive an email with their login and new password.

If you haven't got one, you can try the "Lost Password" feature of this forum or please contact me and I'll check into it.

Things may still be a little bit buggy, because the forum doesn't quite fit into our old layout. I hope this will change when we switch to our new site layout (which is moving ahead with big steps - expect a lot of new stuff coming in a few months).

Some of you may miss the "threaded view" feature of our old forum. We
miss it too, but after many tests with other software products we decided
that the advantages of this software are much bigger than the advantages
of forums with "threaded view".

Anyway, we hope that you all enjoy our new forum.

If you have any questions/problems or suggestions, just post a message into this forum or send us an email to comments@mscl.com.

Have fun & keep LIFE alive!
Sascha / The MSCL.COM team.

socalledfan
Angela's best friend

Sascha, great job

Post by socalledfan » Jul 9th 2002, 9:09 am

:D :shock: :D

Sascha, this new forum looks AMAZING!! Great job!!

I like this format much better....

Cheers,

Socalledfan
"You're sooo beautiful, it HURTS to look at you."

Debs
Liberty High Student

Post by Debs » Jul 9th 2002, 10:30 am

I LOVE THIS!!! Great job.

I am especially pleased as I had forgotten my username (doh) as well as my password (doh squared) and so everytime I left a message I had to be a dodgy Anonymous.

Bloody brilliant emoticons too. :roll:

Debs x
Mom. Streamers?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

WOW!

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jul 9th 2002, 2:31 pm

The new forum is AWESOME! I love the upgrade and all the smilies.

I have been hoping for a cool new format like this for awhile, but I didn't want to be a complainer.

Great job guys - thanks so much!

:D

KrokRos
Angela's best friend

Good but takes some time to..

Post by KrokRos » Jul 9th 2002, 3:15 pm

..to get used to. I mean you can do so much more but I get a little lost sometimes :? :roll:

StrawberryGirl
Three Rivers Resident

Post by StrawberryGirl » Jul 9th 2002, 4:05 pm

I love it! Thanks a ton, everyone in charge! :D

sine
Three Rivers Resident

Re: Welcome to our new forum!

Post by sine » Jul 9th 2002, 4:35 pm

sab wrote:We added also a few forums to make it easier to find the informations you're looking for. There's now also an off-topic forum for talk about things not related to "My So-Called Life".
Very smart move, thanks!
sab wrote:Some of you may miss the "threaded view" feature of our old forum.
:cry: But I must say I love the ability to see all the posts of a topic at the same frame/window.

It seems that at the profile preferences the option for allowing the email address to be shown (in the memberlist) is set to "yes" as a default -- please change the default to "no."
Last edited by sine on Jul 10th 2002, 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Jul 9th 2002, 9:22 pm

Love it! Finally, the ability to quote previous posts! To be honest, the old forum was pretty archaic. I look forward to many happy days in the new forum.
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Re: Welcome to our new forum!

Post by Sascha » Jul 10th 2002, 3:40 am

sine wrote: It seems that at the profile preferences the option for allowing the email address to be shown (in the memberlist) is set to "yes" as a default -- please change the default to "no."
I copied the settings from the old forum. If someone did fill out the "display fake email to other users" field in the old board, his/her email address should not be displayed on the new board.

But I'll see whether I can change the default value.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jul 10th 2002, 6:18 pm

Besides the obvious aesthetic improvement, another plus to the new forum is that ALL registered members received emails with their new passwords so maybe we will get some kids to come back to the fold.

:D

Uhh, except for the people with new email accounts. :cry:

EmmaBrody
Tino

MSCL Dialogue

Post by EmmaBrody » Jul 12th 2002, 8:37 pm

The site looks really cool, Sasha! I'm new. I, in fact, never saw an episode of MSCL. I was a mere 7 years when the show aired but I got into it after I read a Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul story that was written by the person who played Rayanne. There was a quote from the show on it and the dialogue sounded like a key aspect of the show and my favorite shows are ones with superb dialogue. Gilmore Girls on the WB and briefly The American Embassy on FOX.

Gotta go,
Gaby

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 16th 2002, 6:36 pm

I just noticed the new little "time zones" on the forum index - very cool since we are soooo cosmopolitan and international here!

:wink:

Greybird
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Greybird » Nov 8th 2002, 8:20 am

Excellent choice of software, Sascha, and it's far more flexible and easier to use than the earlier program. I regret not coming by earlier this Summer/Autumn when you first announced it, and I've posted 12 times in two days since I finally did visit.
Greybird of Starhaven
"MSCL" crazy since March 1995