Lost

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Jan 20th 2005, 10:36 am

Why won't they play new episodes for two weeks? I don't know how the tv rotation schedule works, but I was disappointed to see in the "next week on Lost..." preview that next week they are playing a rerun. :cry:
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 20th 2005, 3:38 pm

Most full season shows run from late September/early October through May, but there are only around 22 episodes for a full season. Do the math and you'll see that isn't enough new episodes to last 6-7 months. Obviously the networks always want high ratings, but it's especially important during sweeps months, which determine how much the networks can charge advertisers, so they put on reruns in ordere to save new episodes for those periods (such as February).
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Jan 20th 2005, 4:06 pm

Got it. Do you work in television, candygirl? I don't know anything about this kind of stuff! All I know is that channel 4 is Fox where I live...
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 20th 2005, 6:31 pm

Hee, no, I don't get paid anything for my television obsession.

:wink:

Apparently I just watch way too much tv!

:mrgreen:

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Jan 21st 2005, 3:03 pm

Candygirl works in an olfaction lab, thus she is particularly well qualified to judge today's mass media...

:wink:

[/ImageShack]
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Jan 21st 2005, 5:43 pm

:lol: that's great! I miss the critic. I loved his dad on that show!

~~Kristin~~

schris
Between Names

Post by schris » Jan 21st 2005, 7:40 pm

Great episode of Lost the other night. Interesting story with Walt and his dad.....that kid is creepy. And Claire's back too! I can't wait to see what happens next!

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Jan 21st 2005, 10:57 pm

Yeah definitely! I want to know what the deal is with Walt. After his mom died, Walt's stepdad tells Michael he can't handle the kid, and that things happen when he's around. What is that? I don't really think this is a spoiler... because I don't know what he's talking about!

~~Kristin~~

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 22nd 2005, 3:50 am

Kristin wrote:Yeah definitely! I want to know what the deal is with Walt. After his mom died, Walt's stepdad tells Michael he can't handle the kid, and that things happen when he's around. What is that?
Brian (Walt's stepdad) is referring to things like the dead bird. It's still happening too - if you recall, the polar bear made its first appearance in the same episode when we saw Walt reading the comic book that had pictures of a polar bear.
I don't really think this is a spoiler... because I don't know what he's talking about!
Everyone has their own way of defining spoilers. Here in the MSCL tv forum, we define it as "any information (plot, casting, or otherwise) regarding an episode that has not yet aired," so your post definitely didn't include any spoilers!

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Jan 22nd 2005, 11:54 am

candygirl wrote:Brian (Walt's stepdad) is referring to things like the dead bird. It's still happening too - if you recall, the polar bear made its first appearance in the same episode when we saw Walt reading the comic book that had pictures of a polar bear.
But what about one of the first episodes (2nd maybe? can't remember...) where Kate and Sawyer and a couple other people saw a polar bear? Sawyer shot it, I believe...

~~Kristin~~

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 22nd 2005, 4:47 pm

Yes, that's the episode I'm talking about. Shortly before Sawyer shoots the polar bear during his little nature walk with Kate, Shannon, Sayid, Charlie, and Boone, we see Walt reading a comic book with a picture of a polar bear.

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Jan 22nd 2005, 8:05 pm

Hmm. I don't remember. I'm sure you're right, though, candygirl. Shows you how much I pay attention. Perhaps I should only have one glass of wine while watching Lost? :wink:

~~Kristin~~

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 22nd 2005, 10:46 pm

No way, have a few more! I would love to hear what you think happened after a whole bottle of wine.

"Did you see the part where Charlie got naked and went for a moonlight swim?"

"Jin not only secretly speaks English, but French and Iraqi! He only knows Australian English, so he couldn't understand a damn thing all the Americans have been saying! He was speaking directly to me tonight!"

"Dude, didn't you love when Hurley and Sawyer gave each other haircuts and then became more than just friends?"

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Jan 23rd 2005, 2:17 pm

candygirl wrote: "Did you see the part where Charlie got naked and went for a moonlight swim?"

"Jin not only secretly speaks English, but French and Iraqi! He only knows Australian English, so he couldn't understand a damn thing all the Americans have been saying! He was speaking directly to me tonight!"

"Dude, didn't you love when Hurley and Sawyer gave each other haircuts and then became more than just friends?"

Wait wait wait..... are you telling me those things didn't happen??? :shock:

:D :D :lol: :lol: :wink:

~~Kristin~~

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 29th 2005, 2:28 am

Josh Holloway (Sawyer) played the first vamp dusted on AtS, and he also played the guy who stole Alicia Silverstone's bag in the Aerosmith video "Cryin'"!

In other "before they were stars" roles, I saw a commercial for Livelinks, one of those chatlines. It featured a smiley girl talking about how excited she was about meeting new people at Livelinks. She looked just like Evangeline Lilly (Kate) except I am so brainwashed by Lost that at first I didn't believe it could possibly be here since Kate never smiles.