Christmas 2004 Wish List

If you want to share some events in your life or thoughts about life in general with other MSCL fans or if you just want post a rant to let some steam off - this is the place.
Forum Newbies: Please introduce yourself here!
Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 10th 2005, 4:36 pm

I am petite (euphemism for SHORT) too, so it's a rare pare of pants that doesn't require hemming. I used to take my work clothes to a tailor, but that started adding up. Hemming is so easy and takes almost no time, so definitely get your mom's sewing machine and do it yourself. Once you see that it only takes five minutes to do, you'll kick yourself for ever paying someone else to do it for you.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

schris
Between Names

Post by schris » Jan 11th 2005, 2:36 pm

I also have the same problem: pants being too long for my short legs. But I did find a great solution to my problem. At the place where I buy my jeans they will hem them for free since they were purchased there. If you have a pair that wasn't bought there they will do it for $5. You would never know that they were hemed unless you looked really close.

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Jan 11th 2005, 3:14 pm

You three make me feel so average. :wink: :P I'm 5'6" = no needed hemming. Oooh - I have another solution for you guys! Just wear high heels every time you wear those pants. Then you won't need to hem! (again, just kidding around here! :D )
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Jan 11th 2005, 4:21 pm

I have the same problem! and we can't buy petite pants, because usually they are too short and look stupid. at least for me anyway. I guess I'm in between petite and regular, whatever that is. but my roomie just offered to help me hem any pants because she has the opposite problem and is always having to let out her pants. so yay, I can have someone do it for me, and it's free!

somer

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Jan 11th 2005, 6:41 pm

candygirl wrote:I am petite (euphemism for SHORT) too, so it's a rare pare of pants that doesn't require hemming. I used to take my work clothes to a tailor, but that started adding up. Hemming is so easy and takes almost no time, so definitely get your mom's sewing machine and do it yourself. Once you see that it only takes five minutes to do, you'll kick yourself for ever paying someone else to do it for you.
Reminds me...

My sister in law came home from clothes shopping. She apparently was in a hurry so she didn't try them on first. My brother and I were watching a sporting event of some kind on the tv, got to keep those male stereotypes going :wink:

From the back of the house came this anguished moan. She was deeply upset because the pants she bought were for women with more...amble posteriors. My brother, who frequently throws caution and tact to the wind, replied, "I am sorry honey that your butt is not big!"

-LanceMan

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Jan 11th 2005, 7:01 pm

Cue Sir Mix-a-Lot:
I like big butts and I can not lie
You other brothers can't deny
When a girl walks in with an itty bitty waist
And a round thing in your face
You get SPRUNG!

:D
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Jan 11th 2005, 7:31 pm

I'm 5'10 and I wear a 30" long pant, which is rather short for my height. Luckly it's not that hard to find. But sometimes even the 30's can be a little long depending on the brand. I find that jeans will hem themselves if you walk on the long enough. Just wear off that extra length. :)
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 12th 2005, 12:02 am

I'm 5'2" so I'm only a few inches shorter than Kristin, but you wouldn't believe how long they make pants these days! I have a few pairs of pants that are too long even when I wear platform boots. I remember a few years ago, my sister and I were shopping for jeans at Nordstrom. She held up a size 3 against herself and thought the waist looked a bit too small so she picked up a size 5 and did the same thing. Still too small, so she picked up a size 7 and even that looked too small. Then we held all three pairs of jeans against each other. There was about a 1/4" difference in the waist, but the legs were inches longer. Apparently the only difference between a size 3 and a size 7 is the inseam.

:roll:

One of my friends is the same height as I am. A few summers ago, she had the cutest pants. When I told her that I liked her pants, she said that they were actually the petite cut from the Gap but the length was perfect for her legs as normal pants.

Ahhh, Sir Mix-a-Lot brings back such memories. That song was very popular when I was in high school. I still remember people walking through the hallways reciting the lyrics. I must thank him for bringing appreciation to the bootie. I always had an ass (even when I weighed only 100 pounds) because of all the ballet classes I took, so he brought some love to the ass.

:mrgreen:

My anaconda don't want none unless you got buns hon!
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Jan 12th 2005, 6:22 am

Yeah, I'm 5ft3 and I've got one pair of jeans that even when I've got my 4 inch heels on it's touch and go whether they drag on the floor.... :evil: They're a US size 6.

I've done the waistline test on jeans before. Levis are awful - I held up 2 pairs that were meant to be the same size, and there was easily an inch difference in the waist measurement.

The other thing I have noticed is that (at least in the UK) clothes are now made for people with no shape. I'm not particularly curvy or anything, and the problem I have is that the trousers are too loose around the waist (and not by a little bit either - if I sat down you'd see my underwear easily, which is a pet hate of mine) and way too tight around the posterior. It's like someone took a tree trunk and thought they'd design jeans to fit that.

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------

wicked
Catalano

Post by wicked » Jan 12th 2005, 2:52 pm

ah fashion another pet peeve of mine.

Yeah they are making pants stoopidly long...mostly because the teens were wearing those platforms so much. I'm 5'4" pretty average, but I still have to shorten everything

size ROFLMAO...have you noticed that the more expensive the clothing the small the size you fit into? :twisted: At least in womens clothing.THERE ARE NO SET SIZES IN WOMENS FASHIONS. Seriously a designer can call any size whatever they want.

I hate fashion, I hate the way we are manipulated into buying more crap we don't need. WHO are these people telling me that brown and yellow horizontal stripes are "in" now!oops buyt wait it's two weeks later...now they are out!!! BLAUGH :?

don't buy fashion magazines they are designed to make you feel ugly so you will buy more products.
"So this is hell. I'd never have believed it. You remember all we were told about the torture-chambers, the fire and brimstone, the "burning marl." Old wive's tales! There's no need for red-hot pokers. HELL IS - OTHER PEOPLE!"

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Jan 12th 2005, 3:09 pm

candygirl wrote:...he brought some love to the ass.

:mrgreen:

My anaconda don't want none unless you got buns hon!
:lol: Over winter break, on new year's eve, I went to see a band I know some people in with friends of mine. Before the band went on, a guest comedian had a short set. During the comedian's set, I was talking to a friend of mine on one side of the room. When we were done talking, I walked to the other side of the room, past the stage, to where my other friends were. When I got to my table, the comedian said, "I just love a nice booty on a white woman." (The comedian was Af-Am, and most of the audience was white). I got this stunned look on my face, like, "ME?????" and my friend said, "yep, that's probably you!" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
So of course the rest of the night I referred to my nice white-woman's booty often enough. :D

~~Kristin~~

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Jan 12th 2005, 3:17 pm

As for the fashion magazines, I but them sometimes, but mostly for the artfullness of the photography or outfits. A lot of fashion is just art, I think. Not really meant to be worn in everyday life. And sometimes I see something in a magazine that I can darn near copy or do something similar with stuff I have or can get really cheap. Okay, confession - I like fashion. Not that there's anything wrong with that! :wink:

I agree - I'm also annoyed by women's sizing. I have stuff with all different labels: S, M, L... 5, 6, 7. And it all fits me. So what size does that make me? Whatever size I want, I suppose! I guess each brand will determine sizing itself. I loved this one pair of Paris Blues jeans that I got a long time ago... in fact I still have them. But the next pair I tried on... same dimensions and everything... totally didn't work on me (I didn't buy them!) I don't think my body has changed very much in just two years - I'm the same weight and height. I think the company just cut the pants differently, or something. I have my first fitting for my bridesmaids dress (cousin's wedding) on Saturday, and I'm hoping it works out fine and there are no problems.

~~Kristin~~

TooCool4Skool
Liberty High Student

Post by TooCool4Skool » Jan 12th 2005, 5:47 pm

Do you know what I think is hilarious? People who spend 60-100 some dollars on already-torn up pants... with the occasional paint spots. We know your not a painter... we know you didn't go through a terrible forest to get here! I mean, I respect the "look", but 60-100 dollars? I want to go to an old navy, or some place where pants are cheap, rip them up a little,splat crap on them, and sell them for an outrageous price (making sure I label them something different). 8)
Last edited by TooCool4Skool on Jan 14th 2005, 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Jan 13th 2005, 7:00 pm

I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Jan 13th 2005, 7:48 pm

That's awesome! It reminds me of that V8 commercial, with the guy trying to look good for the girl in the apartment across the airshaft.

:lol: :lol:

~~Kristin~~