Seems to be a problem with site...

Comments/questions about the site or the forum? Post them here. Additionally you'll find here important announcements and news releases from MSCL.com.
Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Nov 3rd 2004, 5:55 pm

It looks really like a serious problem with our webserver and email sending. There were three users "watching" the election2004 topic (they were getting an email when a new reply was posted) and as soon as I removed that "watchlist", the "page not found" problem was gone on that particular topic. I'll try to investigate the source of the problem tomorrow so that the email/watchlist functionality can be restored. Until then, you may experience that "page not found" problem on some topics.

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Nov 8th 2004, 5:15 pm

Hi Sascha, I've been getting "page not found" when I hit the "submit" button on the post reply page. Then I refresh the page, mscl.com comes back and tells me "no post mode specified." I go back to mscl.com forum index and it shows that my post DID go through - it shows up as a new post. I don't know if this is the same thing that happened a week or so ago... sorry for bad news here!
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Nov 8th 2004, 5:16 pm

well, it worked fine when I made that last post. It's been happening to me in several different forums... specifically Your So-Called Life. I guess not this one, though!
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Nov 8th 2004, 5:27 pm

Yeah, we still haven't figured out the problem. Seems like something is seriously broken.

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Nov 8th 2004, 7:41 pm

Just did it to me in the Heartbreak thread. If that helps diagnose the problem at all.
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Nov 16th 2004, 11:51 am

The problem should be gone now. If someone still experiences this strange behaviour, please report here.

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Dec 31st 2004, 2:33 am

This is not the original problem people posted in this thread, but I thought that instead of starting a new one...

I don't know if this is happening to anyone else, but next to my posts - where my username and avitar are - my age is shown incorrectly. It says I'm a year older than I am. I checked my profile and my birthday is shown correctly there. Is this happening to others also? Is the site confused because of new years eve? Y2K5!

~~Kristin~~

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Dec 31st 2004, 6:48 am

Yeah, looks like a Y2K5 issue :-) I think we had this last year too around New Years Eve. It should be back to normal tomorrow.

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Jan 2nd 2005, 12:11 am

Cool. It's fine now, thanks!

~~Kristin~~