Christmas 2004 Wish List

If you want to share some events in your life or thoughts about life in general with other MSCL fans or if you just want post a rant to let some steam off - this is the place.
Forum Newbies: Please introduce yourself here!
starbug
Lifehead

Christmas 2004 Wish List

Post by starbug » Dec 7th 2004, 2:41 pm

Alright... let's go:

iPod Mini. I know, I've heard the rumours. but I still want one. In pink. Just the thought of owning a piece of pink technology is too cool for words.

LOTR ROTK Extended Edition

Lost in Translation DVD

Anything greater than a 3% 'F' on my first assessed essay. I had a horrid dream...... :(

A really cool necklace of some kind, in the boho style.

I realise this is a paltry start for any kind of a wish list, but I'm drawing a blank at the moment. :?

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Dec 7th 2004, 3:52 pm

There are a whole bunch of cds I want... but really the main thing is I just want to be around my family. (all together... awwww) Okay, as for material things... let me see:

DVDs
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King DVD (extended special)
Sex and the City: Season 6, Part 2 DVD
Big Fish
SNL: Best of Steve Martin
The Godfather Trilogy

CDs
Ray Charles – Ultimate Hits Collection
Ben Harper –Welcome to the Cruel World
Ani Difranco – I have some, but more is always good
The Cure – Greatest Hits
Lost in Translation – Soundtrack
Kill Bill I – Soundtrack
Elvis Costello – The Very Best of Elvis Costello and the Attractions
James Brown – 20 All-Time Greatest Hits!
Tenacious D – Tenacious D
Drums and Tuba – Vinyl Killer
Bitch and Animal – Eternally Hard
(and more cds, of course...)

There are also some shirts that I want that I saw over the summer in Madison - but they are kind of expensive: $17-19, something like that (A Bob Marley shirt, Elvis shirt, Jimi Hendrix shirt). One thing for my apartment that would be awesome is a loveseat for my porch. I would love to spend more time lounging out there, but the chairs I have on my porch now aren't all that comfortable. I can wait for spring when it's warmer for the loveseat!

I don't think I will get one thing off this list, but I don't really care. I just want to see my family. Doing the list was kind of fun, though!
Last edited by SanDeE* on Jan 4th 2005, 4:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Dec 7th 2004, 4:42 pm

This years christmas is an interesting one. It will be my first single christmas in a very long time which means I don't have to spend much money. It's going to be just me and my parents so I'll get them something nice and whatever my father has bought for the 57 chevy he is restoring. I'll just box up a couple things from the new parts pile and give my mother some chash. My mom will probably get some clothes she's picked out or hinted at to my father and he'll relay that onto me. Now to my wish list.

A Digital Camera. I'm shopping at the momment to figure out which one. Must have at least a 10 X optical zoom and image stabilization. Only a few models out there so it's a matter of tracking them down and deciding. Only one more brand to go. This won't be much a surprise since I told them almost a year ago that's what I wanted. But, a very valued present non the less.

My gift to myself is something I've been thinking about for several months now and won't happen till after christmas. My Tacoma is approaching 150k and will need to be replaced in a couple years if it is to be my only vehicle. I'll be turning 25 in January so my insurance is going to drop. So I've been shopping for a car to have some fun with. Something I can customize a bit and drive on road trips and in the summer time. I've settled on a 2000-02 Audi S4. Nagaro blue with black/blue interior and a 6 speed manual. This is a 5 second car is rediculously fast. I've driven one and it's wonderful, it's now just a matter of waiting till I find one with the right miles for the right price.

Oh, and a 5th of Jim Beam Black would be nice in my stocking. :P
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Dec 8th 2004, 11:12 pm

One wish for me
Last edited by pgh kenny on Feb 21st 2021, 11:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Dec 9th 2004, 2:20 am

pgh kenny wrote: at this point I don't want any more 'stuff'*** just a little baby girl or boy would be great for me.
Good luck with the "less stuff" thing once you have a baby. That usually results in more stuff, doesn't it? :wink: I wouldn't know!

No seriously, it's great that you and your wife feel ready to be parents. I wish you all the best!
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

wicked
Catalano

Post by wicked » Dec 9th 2004, 11:00 am

well congradulations on baby making season!
Good Luck, and don't let it become a pressure!
as far as stuff goes mine are finally 6 & 9 I can finally leave the house without 2million things!

as Lou Reed said: "It's the beginning of a great adventure."
"So this is hell. I'd never have believed it. You remember all we were told about the torture-chambers, the fire and brimstone, the "burning marl." Old wive's tales! There's no need for red-hot pokers. HELL IS - OTHER PEOPLE!"

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Dec 9th 2004, 8:22 pm

I bought myself a new camera. a Nikon N65. it's a good start for amateur photographers.

really, the only thing that I want would be a really nice bike. my other good one got stolen at school (we have a high bike theft rate). I bought a cheap one from wal-mart. but it ended up being cheap. huh, go figure. I really miss riding a bike.

and then some money for DVDs and books. you can never go wrong with those :!: :P

mostly I'd like to just hang out with some old friends that I haven't seen and won't see again for a long time. those are the best gifts really, having dinner and coffees with old friends. :)

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Dec 11th 2004, 8:39 pm

What I know I'm getting:
* Extended Return of the King (I'm so proud that I held off this time and didn't buy the theatrical version just to tie me over until the extended version)
* Season pass to June Mountain (ski resort)

What I'm asking for/spending Christmas money on:
* Sewing machine (I've decided that I need to start making all of my own clothes)

Christmas gift to myself:
* The 10,000, well, really ten books I just bought myself
* Sex and the City Season 6 part 2

What I really NEED this Christmas:
* To pay off my freaking overdue library fees. Really. It's obscene how much I owe. Actually, I don't know how much I owe, but I'm finding that library fees, like the dentist, do not disappear and take care of themselves just because you wish they would.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Dec 11th 2004, 8:49 pm

Jody Barsch* wrote:What I'm asking for/spending Christmas money on:
* Sewing machine (I've decided that I need to start making all of my own clothes)
I would love to be able to do that. I was going to have my mom give me a little crash course in sewing this summer if she has the time (she never sewed hardly anything for us growing up--- too busy). I would like that little hand-held sewing machine. I basically like to make skirts mostly. I'll see a cheap dress and I'll really love the pattern or fabric, but I'll hate the top part or the length.

~~Kristin~~

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Dec 12th 2004, 12:07 am

Xmas.

Well for 2004 I already bought a newer computer from my brother, a Dell Dimension 4400 circa 2001. I have already upgraded the RAM from 128 to 1024MB, added a few more USB ports and upgraded my video card from GeForce 2 to Radeon 9600 All In Wonder. My PC is sooo much faster now. More importantly I can now play Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth.

I have asked for Tru Calling First Season DVD, a frame for my map of Middle Earth and a digital camera.

For 2005, I am going to ask for a Southwest Ticket to go out to San Jose in November to see some friends and do some job & apartment hunting and maybe some cash to pay for a rental car.

-LanceMan

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Jan 3rd 2005, 1:16 am

Got my sewing machine! Thanks Grandma! :D So watch out, I'm predicting crooked necklines, oddly lengthed sleeves, and a good riddance to corporation's sweat-made clothes for the new year!
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Jan 4th 2005, 6:12 am

I got the ipod mini... man is it cool! At this point my only concern is lack of battery power but I'll cope. It's soooo wonderful to be able to pootle around without having to carry tapes and CDs. And I definitely don't need one any bigger than 4GBs.

My parents bought me and Mr. S and digital camera too, so we are all hooked up technologically! It's pretty great, and I'll be posting some pics from cornwall soon.

Also got the Himalaya book I'd been wanting, LOTR ROTK Extended Edition, and some silk pjs.

:D

jody - I once spent around 2 weeks working on a pair of dungarees for myself. I admit, not the easiest item of clothing. they were a miserable failure and I think I wore them once before I was forced to throw them away. I put much of the fault down to the fact that I chose cloth that was cheap, rather than cloth that would work with the design. :wink:

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Jan 4th 2005, 4:50 pm

Well, I got a lot more stuff than I expected this year. I am the oldest of 11 grandchildren on my mom's side, and I'm 22, so I told my mom and her sisters (who are in charge of xmas) that I'm fine with no gifts. It's more important to the littler kids. But, some of my relatives got me a few things - mostly cash which I spent on myself over break. Here's what I got for xmas:

DVDs
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
The Godfather Trilogy
Office Space
Dark City
Sex and the City: Season 6, Part 2
The Secret of N.I.M.H.
The Ben Stiller Show
Garden State
Big Fish
Return of the King, Extended Edition
Mars Attacks

CDs
James Brown - Greatest Hits
Lost in Translation - Soundtrack

Books
The Little Prince - Antione de Saint-Exupery
Me Talk Pretty One Day - David Sedaris
A Bridesmaids Guide (I'm a bridesmaid in my cousin's wedding in July, it's sort of a gag gift)
He's Just Not That Into You - Greg Behrendt
A photography book
A fashion book
A bio on Frida Kahlo & Diego Rivera

Misc.
A blender
A new cd player for my car
Some clothes
A mani-pedicure kit (I'm trying to quit biting my nails)

I mostly got money and gift certificates, and I found some good deals on dvds, so that's how I ended up with so much! My boyfriend and I haven't exchanged gifts yet, either - I'll see him Thursday. I have a little something for his parents, too, so I think they probably have a little gift for me. One more (teeny tiny) xmas to go for me still!
Last edited by SanDeE* on Jan 10th 2005, 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~~Kristin~~

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 9th 2005, 9:38 pm

Jody Barsch* wrote:Got my sewing machine! Thanks Grandma! :D So watch out, I'm predicting crooked necklines, oddly lengthed sleeves, and a good riddance to corporation's sweat-made clothes for the new year!
I got a sewing machine for Christmas too! A few years ago, one of my sisters asked for a really nice one which she still hasn't used. This year, my mom bought a much more basic (read easy for simpletons to use) model for my other sister and me. Is this her way of telling us to stop bringing home pants to be hemmed at Christmas?

:wink:

Luckily I already know how to use a sewing machine, thanks to my boyfriend's mom, and the one my mom gave me is pretty idiot proof. The only problem was I couldn't bring it on the plane, so she will have to mail it to me. It's still in the box with all the packaging so she just has to bring it to the post office and I'll be hemming like nobody's business! And maybe finishing the quilt I started a few years ago.

:oops:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Jan 10th 2005, 6:31 am

You know, all this chat of sewing machines has brought home the sheer sensibleness of it to me. Being short, I frequently am forced to buy clothes (especially trousers) that are far too long, and I end up paying some ditz in the local dry-cleaners to do something that no doubt I would be able to do if I put my mind to it. My mother has a sewing machine she NEVER uses... :idea: