Little Britain

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
starbug
Lifehead

Little Britain

Post by starbug » Dec 7th 2004, 2:46 pm

I don't think anyone has posted about this yet... I couldn't find it if they have.

It's a comedy sketch show, and basically ribs the whole small minded suburban idiot racist bigot britain thing. It's very very clever, but also not for the faint-hearted... now in its second series on BBC over here, I would urge anyone with a sense for sardonic juvenile humour and general need to laugh out loud, to try and see it if you can. Narrated by Tom Baker of Dr. Who fame, it's a perfect piece of television. Hugely popular here, fast becoming cult viewing :wink:

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Dec 7th 2004, 3:59 pm

I have almost ordered the S1 set a few times now. I keep putting it off. I should DL one of the episodes first to see if I like it. Hmm, maybe it is airing on BBCA here, I will have to look.

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Dec 7th 2004, 7:07 pm

Definitely try to catch it if you can. Depending on how expensive the DVD is, I maybe wouldn't buy it before DLing at least one episode. The thing about this show is, though, that in a really freakish way, it truly grows on you. The first couple of times I saw it I couldn't understand where it was coming from at all. But after some persistence I've got to say bits of it are genius. Now I think it's hilarious.

http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Dec 8th 2004, 3:11 am

If I would have thought I would've ordered it from Play when they were having their boxset sale and had my sister bring it over with the rest of my £140 :shock: order of DVDs when she comes for xmas. Damn, still only £11.99 at Play.... must...resist...

I did get Randall And Hopkirk (Deceased) for only £5.99 each season though :D