MSCL fans in the UK

Looking for "My So-Called Life" items or willing to part with one?
Forum rules
Please note that we will delete all requests or offers for illegal bootleg copies of the show or bonus materials.
jude
Tino

MSCL fans in the UK

Post by jude » Aug 16th 2001, 10:51 am

Hi everyone, I'm in Northern Ireland & am a huge MSCL fan - I know how hard it is to get any merchandise over here, but I am in the process of completing my collection of videos, it has taken me almost 5 years but I've almost gotten there - if anyone needs any episodes or would just like to send an e mail , drop me a line on jude221179@hotmail.com
-jude :)

Duh Squared
Frozen Embryo

Re: MSCL fans in the UK

Post by Duh Squared » Aug 16th 2001, 9:54 pm

I'm trying to buy the MSCL box sets over the intrenet, but its so hard, cos they only seem to be sold in the USA :o(...Where do you get yours from? CAn you help? Thanks...:o)
Duh Squared

Sometimes getting lost is the best way to find yourself.

jude
Tino

Post by jude » Aug 21st 2001, 10:15 am

I've bought a few single videos over ebay auctions, but they are really expensive as they are out of print and only include the first 6 episodes anyway - believe me, I know how hard it is to get any MSCL stuff in the Uk - I've been trying for the last 5 years! - but I am coming close to completing my collection. You can check out ebay.com if you like, but be careful not to get ripped off, the tapes are only available in america because they were only produced there, and are therefore only in NTSC (american) format - I'm lucky because my VCR is new, and can play NTSC format tapes, but you need to check if yours can before you buy. If you have any questions or want to buy any episodes off me (although it will be another few weeks before I get all the episodes together) e mail me at - jude221179@hotmail.com

richard
Liberty High Student

Post by richard » Aug 22nd 2001, 1:18 am

Beware of trying to copy the NTSC tapes onto PAL format VCRs.

Because NTSC is a different frame rate and colour system most VCRs that offer NTSC playback on PAL TVs only produce a 'mock' pal signal, that looks fine on a TV but will not recoprd properly as VCR circuitry is far more complicated.

I have been caught out by this before, so beware

Richard