Scott Winant producing Huff (2004-2006)

Get updates and talk about new (or "pre-LIFE") projects of former "My So-Called Life" cast and crew members in this forum.
Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Scott Winant producing Huff (2004-2006)

Post by Sascha » Nov 9th 2004, 5:16 pm

Scott Winant is co-producing yet another Showtime series (he also produced the first episodes of "Dead Like Me"). And as in "Dead Like Me", he also directed the pilot episode.

The show is about a psychiatrist (Hank Azaria) who falls into a deep mid-life crisis after one of his patients dies. And there are problems at home -- his mother (Blythe Danner) still lives with him and his wife (Paget Brewster) and they're getting on each other nerves.

The pilot episode features the trademark of director Scott Winant: the amazing scene transistions. The show itself is a roller-coaster ride. It's a comedy and it's a dark depressing drama at the same time. It's Ally McBeal meets Nip/Tuck meets Six Feet Under. Not a mindblowing show, but worth watching.

Jewel Staite ("Firefly") also guest-stars.

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Nov 10th 2004, 1:01 am

it sounds interesting, when's premiering?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 10th 2004, 2:27 am

It premiered on Sunday, but the pilot is being rerun:

11/10 09:00 PM (Showtime)
11/13 08:00 PM (Showtime Showcase)
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Nov 19th 2004, 1:44 pm

And of course, W.G.Snuffy Walden does the theme song.

I sort of like this series so far. It has caught my interest but hasn't completely drawn me in yet. IMO it isn't as good (yet) as Dead Like Me, so it isn't filling that void yet.

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Nov 19th 2004, 2:02 pm

I wonder how long they will be airing it. The last episode only had about 270,000 viewers, down from 490,000 the week before. In comparision, the pilot episode of "The L-Word" got almost a million viewers, the season 2 opener for "Dead Like Me" more than 720,000. But I heard that ShowTime actually renewed "Huff" for a second season before it even had aired the pilot episode.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Nov 19th 2004, 2:25 pm

Sascha (sab) wrote:I wonder how long they will be airing it. The last episode only had about 270,000 viewers, down from 490,000 the week before. In comparision, the pilot episode of "The L-Word" got almost a million viewers, the season 2 opener for "Dead Like Me" more than 720,000. But I heard that ShowTime actually renewed "Huff" for a second season before it even had aired the pilot episode.
Yeah I hear it isn't doing so well. I think show seems to be a bit too confusing or rather unclear. I really have no clue what is going on and which people he sees are real.

Oliver Platt is friggin awesome in this. I love his character. Him and Huff's Mom totally make the show. :lol: