Seems to be a problem with site...

Comments/questions about the site or the forum? Post them here. Additionally you'll find here important announcements and news releases from MSCL.com.
starbug
Lifehead

Seems to be a problem with site...

Post by starbug » Nov 3rd 2004, 8:50 am

Hi Sascha,

for the last couple of days I haven't been able to load a page on the site. It's the one you get after you click on 'high' or 'low' version.
I can get in here because I type in the exact URL though.

Maybe it's just me - has anyone else had this problem?

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Nov 3rd 2004, 9:43 am

Huh, yes, that's a very strange error - http://www.mscl.com/hallway just doesn't work. Thanks for the notice, I'll take a look at it.

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Nov 3rd 2004, 10:33 am

Fixed now -- I hope. Geez, I wrote horrible code back in 1998, obviously it broke last week when we automatically upgraded parts of our webserver software.

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Nov 3rd 2004, 11:45 am

For the past couple days, whenever I submit a post I get a white IE page that says it can't find the site. But my post does get submitted if I hit the back button till I get back to the thread I can see it. Is this happening to anyone else?
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Nov 3rd 2004, 1:12 pm

Hm, I never had any similar problems but just when I posted my last message to the political forum, my browser also refused to load the next page. I made a few additional test postings, but they worked fine. There might be a problem with e-mail notifications that are getting send whenever someone replies to a topic someone else is "watching" ("send email when topic is updated"), but I couldn't verify this yet.

Does anybody else have this "page not found" problem? If yes, does it happen in all topics? Feel free to make some test postings in this thread or this Feedback forum, I'll delete them later.

schris
Between Names

Post by schris » Nov 3rd 2004, 2:18 pm

It happened to me yesterday. I thought it may have been my computer but I guess not.

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Nov 3rd 2004, 2:38 pm

I don't know if it's doing it in all threads, but after I posted my last message in this one, it worked fine, but the time before that in the Insomnia thread it didn't. Go figure.

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Nov 3rd 2004, 2:38 pm

Just got the "page not found" thing again.

wicked
Catalano

Post by wicked » Nov 3rd 2004, 2:44 pm

happin'n to me but I'm not worried... the web is rife with craziness these days
"So this is hell. I'd never have believed it. You remember all we were told about the torture-chambers, the fire and brimstone, the "burning marl." Old wive's tales! There's no need for red-hot pokers. HELL IS - OTHER PEOPLE!"

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Nov 3rd 2004, 3:12 pm

I just posted in the Politics forum and it didn't load the next page after I hit submit (actually it just hung on the submit page). When I hit the submit button again (thinking I just didn't click it right) it told me I can't make another post so shortly after posting.

using Firefox 1.0 Preview Release.

(Edit - did it again for this post)

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Nov 3rd 2004, 4:14 pm

fnordboy wrote:I just posted in the Politics forum and it didn't load the next page after I hit submit (actually it just hung on the submit page). When I hit the submit button again (thinking I just didn't click it right) it told me I can't make another post so shortly after posting.

I have repeated had this problem.

-LanceMan

grim4746
Krakow

Post by grim4746 » Nov 3rd 2004, 4:21 pm

lance wrote:
fnordboy wrote:I just posted in the Politics forum and it didn't load the next page after I hit submit (actually it just hung on the submit page). When I hit the submit button again (thinking I just didn't click it right) it told me I can't make another post so shortly after posting.

I have repeated had this problem.

-LanceMan
this is also a problem I've encountered recently. It doesn't happen everytime I try to post but has happened on multiple threads.

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Nov 3rd 2004, 4:40 pm

yeah, I've had this problem too.

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Nov 3rd 2004, 4:47 pm

Same here. The post goes through ok, it just takes me a few extra clicks to get to it.

ETA: Heh, just did it again. This time I inadvertantly caused a double-post (which I deleted).
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Nov 3rd 2004, 5:51 pm

Nothingman wrote:Just got the "page not found" thing again.
Both of these things have happened to me today on the Politics forum, but it DID submit my quote, even though it said it didn't.
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~