Insomnia

If you want to share some events in your life or thoughts about life in general with other MSCL fans or if you just want post a rant to let some steam off - this is the place.
Forum Newbies: Please introduce yourself here!
BriansAngst
Liberty High Student

Post by BriansAngst » Oct 28th 2004, 1:56 pm

LoL, excellent exception.. :P

special_k
Yearbook Team
Location: Closer to here than there, in the land between dreaming and waking...

Post by special_k » Oct 28th 2004, 10:20 pm

After a visit with my lovely doctor, I'm on Ambien once more, though at a slightly lower dose. Feh. Hope springs eternal. I remember in All That Heaven Allows, when Jane Wyman's kids give her a television it's sort of viewed as confirmation of her becoming a spinster, cast off by life. I kind of feel the same way as a thirtysomething who watches films in bed, sometimes to fall asleep. It's like, when did sex become something associated with my twenties? My bedroom is anything but spartan, filled with books and art. Sorry, I'm just feeling a little weirder than usual after finding mementos tied to my ex at the family homestead this afternoon. Okay, back on topic...
"Sometimes things happen between people that you don't really expect. And sometimes the things that are important are the ones that seem the weirdest or the most wrong, and those are the ones that change your life."

Jessie, "Once and Again"

Post by Guest » Nov 2nd 2004, 9:06 pm

I had a very strange sleep deprivation experience today. I haven't had more than 4 hours of sleep since about 3 weeks ago, and usually, I've gotten less. last week was the film festival, and the week before was midterms. I can't even tell you how many all-nighters I've pulled this month. so anyway, I had about 70 pages of a script due today, and I only had about 20 done. after working 9 hours yesterday, I went to the writing lab at school and wrote from 9pm til 8am. I only got 35 more pages, but I was lucky to get that. I've never written that much in my life.

so after going to class, I went home around noon to take a nap before my next class. after an hour I suddenly woke up and began to freak out. I was running around my apartment regardless of my busted ankle in search of a watch or clock. I was convinced that I was late for something and simply did not believe any watch, clock, or cell phone that I found. it was like my brain wasn't accepting any information. it was such a strange experience. after a few minutes I calmed down and got back in bed. when I woke up 2 hours later, I felt like I had a hangover. I can only surmise that all this sleep deprivation has finally caught up with me and made me delusional! yikes.

in any case, I have nothing due tomorrow, and I am most definitely going to go to sleep!

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Nov 2nd 2004, 9:07 pm

oops, that was me! could have sworn I logged in! :oops:

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Nov 3rd 2004, 3:28 am

I remember seeing a documentary on sleep deprivation which featured the true story of a radio DJ who went on an extended no-sleep marathon for charity. IIRC, after several days of sleeplessness he suffered permanent brain damage and went completely nutters.

:o

...Not that I'm suggesting that's what's happened to you, emmie. I'm sure you'll be fine. Just cooperate with the nice men in white suits and you'll feel much better.

:wink:
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Nov 3rd 2004, 8:37 am

ironically, my script is about a woman unjustly put in an insane asylum and goes a bit crazy. let's just say I really got into her head while writing! LOL

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Nov 3rd 2004, 11:38 am

I stayed up for 42 hours when I was a freshman and by the end I was completely delerious. It was a very strange feeling, kind of like being drunk. I started to loose control of my body, motor control was going, volume of my voice was fluxuating. I insisted that the girl I was dating come over that evening, I was really clingy for about a half hour and then I passed out. All in all, it was a memmorable experience, but not one I am itching to repeat.
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

wicked
Catalano

Post by wicked » Nov 3rd 2004, 1:43 pm

untill you've had a collicy baby you don't know sleep deprevation! :P
I haven't slept through the night in 10 years!

just being silly ( lack of sleep will do that to a person ;) ) carry on
"So this is hell. I'd never have believed it. You remember all we were told about the torture-chambers, the fire and brimstone, the "burning marl." Old wive's tales! There's no need for red-hot pokers. HELL IS - OTHER PEOPLE!"

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Nov 3rd 2004, 2:28 pm

I'm sure you're right, wicked. I'm not itching for any first-hand experience on that, however. Try me again in like 10 years. :wink:

Anyway, I have gotten the bare minimum of sleep in the last five nights. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday were all party nights because of Halloween. True, I didn't have to go to all those parties, but hey. I don't really go to many parties usually, and I love Halloween. Sunday night I got about three hours of sleep - I stayed up all night studying for a music history test :evil: . Monday night I got again about three hours of sleep - up all night finishing a project for my painting class. Last night I was up late watching election results. I feel okay right now, but I'll probably crash tonight around 7pm! Ha!
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

wicked
Catalano

Post by wicked » Nov 3rd 2004, 2:43 pm

do you remember being kid and fighting to stay up late, being amazed the first time you stayed up till "tomorrow"? :D
when I was in my 20's I used to have it worked out so I could go clubing everynight ( for free) then go to bed by 2am then get up and go to work for 8:30 without blinking an eye...now I'm snuggled up in bed as ealy as possible..:lol:lol:lol:lol

sorry I wasnt meaning to make light of anyones insomina or sleep deprevation! GET SOME REST

( hey I'm "mommy" so I can send you to bed early if you'd like ;) )
"So this is hell. I'd never have believed it. You remember all we were told about the torture-chambers, the fire and brimstone, the "burning marl." Old wive's tales! There's no need for red-hot pokers. HELL IS - OTHER PEOPLE!"