A new Halloween Painting by me

If you want to share some events in your life or thoughts about life in general with other MSCL fans or if you just want post a rant to let some steam off - this is the place.
Forum Newbies: Please introduce yourself here!
wicked
Catalano

A new Halloween Painting by me

Post by wicked » Oct 28th 2004, 4:48 pm

OK I just kinda whipped this one up for the on-line show. She based on liddle bones, but a bit different

"little catrina la calaca "

http://www.ebsqart.com/Artists/cmd_615_ ... _1_2_G.htm

I hope it's ok to post this here...my art work really is the main part of my (so called) life
"So this is hell. I'd never have believed it. You remember all we were told about the torture-chambers, the fire and brimstone, the "burning marl." Old wive's tales! There's no need for red-hot pokers. HELL IS - OTHER PEOPLE!"

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Oct 28th 2004, 8:00 pm

Wow, wicked! That's really beautiful. I really love the vivid colors you used. And the skeleton figure you designed is perfect --- it captures the light-hearted spirit of the holiday.

I wish I had more time to paint. I'm in a painting class right now, and my teacher thinks I have lots of potential and an eye for colors and everything, I just run out of time. Art is not my major, but I really love it and it's probably one of the only things I'm sorta naturally good at. It's funny when my music school peers find out I can draw: I guess I don't talk about it much to them, since we are always talking about music!
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

wicked
Catalano

Post by wicked » Oct 29th 2004, 9:41 am

I'm really lucky I have time to paint now, for years I really didn't Now I make time. Most musicians I know are also artist in a visual sense :D
I'm very open about art of all froms do you have any paintings/drawing to show????
"So this is hell. I'd never have believed it. You remember all we were told about the torture-chambers, the fire and brimstone, the "burning marl." Old wive's tales! There's no need for red-hot pokers. HELL IS - OTHER PEOPLE!"

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Oct 29th 2004, 12:21 pm

I don't really have a scanner... but I'll work on maybe taking some digital pictures soon.
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

wicked
Catalano

Post by wicked » Oct 29th 2004, 12:24 pm

yeah that would be veddy cool!

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Nov 3rd 2004, 6:22 pm

Hey Wicked, I like this painting. IMO the best I have seen on that site of yours. I was never good at painting, I wish I could be better, but I just don't have the time to devote to practicing etc. I did take 3 painting classes in college while persuing my BFA in Photography, but I used it more for mixed media works than I did for painting painting (if you know what I mean).

Good work :)

wicked
Catalano

Post by wicked » Nov 3rd 2004, 7:08 pm

hey thanks I actually really like this one, it just worked for me.
( the goth babies gallery is only one of my styles though.)