Ready for some football

As the forum title implies: This is the forum for "anything else" which doesn't fit into one of the other forums.
SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Oct 19th 2004, 11:10 am

I've been disappointed (same as all GB fans) with the Green Bay Packers start. They haven't lost more than three games in a row in like five years. Thankfully they kicked butt on Sunday = making them now 2-4. It's still a long season, so I remain optimistic. They're defense has just been terrible. I got a joke email recently about it ---- it was a picture of a man at a GB game with a poster saying "GREEN & AMBER ALERT!!! Missing: 11 young men who can play defense. Last seen: September 13 in Charlotte wearing green & gold. If found, contact Mike Sherman at (***)-***-****.)" I don't remember the phone number. But I thought it was so sad and funny at the same time!
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Oct 20th 2004, 8:25 pm

Nostradamus wrote:Tis strange to see Denver as a primarily defensive team, but Reuben Droughns is starting to put momentum back into the running game. Their AFC West rivals have been unusually soft this year, so they may well take the division, but they'll have to turn it up a notch if they expect to last long in the playoffs.
Hope springs eternal.

Ahh beware the Patriots and the Jets.

-LanceMan

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Oct 25th 2004, 10:51 pm

Missed most of the action this weekend.

Right now the Bengals are beating the Broncos on Monday night football.

What happened to Seattle? Once 3 and 0, now 3 and 3.

-LanceMan

schris
Between Names

Post by schris » Oct 26th 2004, 11:24 am

I was sooo glad that the Bengals beat the Broncos last night - not a huge Broncos fan my self. Also happy that Tampa Bay won again on Sunday!!

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Oct 26th 2004, 8:00 pm

Yeah, I didn't mind the Broncs losing to the Bengals so much. It was the Bengals' first Monday Nighter in years, so they were due...
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Oct 28th 2004, 9:55 pm

Nostradamus wrote:Yeah, I didn't mind the Broncs losing to the Bengals so much. It was the Bengals' first Monday Nighter in years, so they were due...
Sad thing is that may have been the best game the Bengals are going to have this year.

-LanceMan

schris
Between Names

Post by schris » Nov 1st 2004, 2:18 pm

There was some great football on last night! How 'bout them Steelers - I can't believe that they bet the Patriots. Crazy. Also Atlanta beating Denver was just the greatest :D

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Nov 1st 2004, 3:08 pm

Go PACKERS yesterday!!! Three in a row! We are really starting to kick some major butt now. Unfortunately it was not broadcast on regular "bunny ears" TV here in KC, so I had to have the play-by-play thing on my computer.

:D
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Nov 2nd 2004, 12:11 am

schris wrote:There was some great football on last night! How 'bout them Steelers - I can't believe that they bet the Patriots. Crazy. Also Atlanta beating Denver was just the greatest :D
:shock:

I missed the game! Ack!

Way to go Steelers. Next up for them is the Eagles. If the Steelers take the Eagles they will be the Giant Killers of the NFL.

-LanceMan

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Nov 2nd 2004, 1:22 am

The Dolphins were just pitiful tonight. My monday night is very unsatified now.
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

schris
Between Names

Post by schris » Nov 2nd 2004, 11:46 am

Nothingman wrote:The Dolphins were just pitiful tonight. My monday night is very unsatified now.
That was a really sad game for the Dolphins... But Go Jets!!

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Nov 14th 2004, 8:40 pm

WOO HOO!!!! Go Packers!

Four wins in a row, now they are the NFC leaders and have a pretty much guaranteed spot in the playoffs. My team rules! I love the PACK!!!

:D :D :D

~~Kristin~~

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Nov 17th 2004, 12:10 am

Kristin wrote:WOO HOO!!!! Go Packers!

Four wins in a row, now they are the NFC leaders and have a pretty much guaranteed spot in the playoffs. My team rules! I love the PACK!!!

:D :D :D
The Packers are definately looking scary, as is St Louis. Saw the Eagles destroy my Cowboys last night.

Oh well, my brother is quite estatic with Philly's performance.

-LanceMan

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Nov 29th 2004, 10:38 pm

Big day today for the Packers! Brett Favre started his 200th game tonight, and he has not missed a game in 12 years. Historic! Unfortunately, we don't have Ahman Green tonight, but so far we're looking okay.

My birthday isn't for another week and a half, but my boyfriend gave me one of my birthday gifts early yesterday. He got me a Packers 2003 Yearbook DVD, and I swear we are on the DVD. We went to the final game last season, where we played Denver and won - and won the NFC North Division title. There is a shot of one of the GB touchdowns and we are right there in the stands!!! It's blurry, but I know it's us. I'm wearing a purple jacket, which stands out in the sea of green & gold. AWESOME!!!! :D

~~Kristin~~

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Nov 29th 2004, 10:39 pm

Interesting how I refer to the Packers as "we." I must be a Wisconsinite! :P

~~Kristin~~