Wonderfalls

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Wonderfalls

Post by Sascha » Mar 13th 2004, 4:29 pm

Did anybody see the pilot episode of "Wonderfalls" on Friday?

I loved it. It's like a crossover between "Dead Like Me" and "Joan of Arcadia" - two of my favorite series. It's funny and strange, with unusual storylines and very good camera work.

"Wonderfalls" is a FOX show and it airs in the "Friday Night Death Slot" - so it'll probably be cancelled in a few weeks. So watch it while it lasts...

mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by mglenn » Mar 16th 2004, 5:11 pm

Ya I caught it Sacsha... Me and the fiance enjoyed it as well... but yes it does appear that it will not last.
"When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit." - Ayn Rand

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Apr 4th 2004, 1:45 pm

Well, after moving the show to Thursday, it looks like FOX cancelled "Wonderfalls" yesterday.

At least that's what a posting from Co-Producer Tim Minear says:
Well, not sure what to tell ya'll -- but we're cancelled. Effective at once. The cow creamer will be silent this Thursday and forever forward.

Once we recover from the not-shock, Todd, Bryan and I will see if there's some venue in which to air the remaining episodes. As I have said from the start, the thirteen taken as a whole tell a story and go to a place, so a run of this "limited" series would not be unsatisfying elsewhere. It's a question as to whether the studio will want to invest in a DVD release of a failed series. Maybe the episodes will sit in a warehouse someplace with that sled and the arc of the covenant.

Thanks for all the support and enthusiasm.

Tim
http://www.timminear.net/archives/press/000064.html

No official confirmation yet, but it sounds pretty legit. Oh well, yet another brilliant show gone. I hate this business.

Sammi
Substitute Teacher

Post by Sammi » Apr 4th 2004, 7:08 pm

I am sorry to here this. Maybe they will put the remaining episodes on DVD.

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Apr 5th 2004, 4:58 pm

It's been canned already? I never got to see it. :(

Well, here's hoping for a DVD release, or maybe it being picked up by another station.

(Shows should stay away from Fox. Live avoid the network at all cost, because if they don't get it, you go to Friday nights and BOOM! You're gone.)

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 6th 2004, 3:49 pm

It was definitely an interesting show, and I wish that Fox would at least have the grace to air the remaining episodes, but you know they must clear their schedule for groundbreaking programming like The Swan.

:evil:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » May 26th 2004, 9:29 am

Good news from co-creator/writer Tim Minear:
“Okay, some tiny good news – looks as though 20th is going to go through with “Wonderfalls” DVDs. The folks on the DVD marketing side love the 13 episodes and see great potential. We’re talking about extras and commentary and all that good stuff. December/Holiday release was mentioned.”
Also see: http://www.savewonderfalls.com/

MyLifeIsBrians
Yearbook Team

Post by MyLifeIsBrians » May 30th 2004, 11:04 pm

Thats excellent. I really liked this show. :D All the good the shows get cancelled. :roll:
There`s Something About My Life....

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jun 21st 2004, 7:25 pm

News from tvshowsondvd:
At a special Wonderfalls screening, Bryan Fuller and Todd Holland spoke about the planed release of all 13 episodes on DVD. They said Fox is aiming for a December 7th release, although this hasn't been announced by the studio yet, and may change.

Ain't It Cool News.com reports that Holland said that they are planning on recording commentary on 6 of the 13 episodes; "Wax Lion," "Crime Dog," "Lovesick Ass," "Safety Canary," "Cocktail Bunny" and "Caged Bird."

Thanks to everyone (about 15 of you) that wrote in to let us know the news. We'll keep our eyes and ears open for more information on the set, but we don't expect to hear anything official for a few months.

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 20th 2004, 1:40 am

Info fromtvshowsondvd:

During the past couple of weeks, the SaveWonderfalls.com website has posted a pair of updates about the upcoming DVDs. We'll play a bit of catch-up here and bring you up-to-speed, in case you've missed these:
August 8, 2004

We recently asked Wonderfalls DVD Producer John Murphy what kind of special features are going to be included on the discs, and this was his response:

Right now, we plan on 6 episode commentaries with Caroline Dhavernas, Katie Finneran, Todd Holland and Bryan Fuller, a 20 minute documentary that includes behind the scenes footage from the production, new interviews with Todd, Bryan, Caroline and Katie (other cast members were scattered around the world working and could not make our production schedule), episode clips, outtakes, stories about shooting the show, the muses and the music.

Other segments include a gag reel and the full music video with daily footage. Of course, FOX owns the show and will utilize the material as they choose, but I know they want a great disc so hopefully everything will make it in!

Sounds great to us -- we can't wait for this set! Thanks again to Mr. Murphy for sharing this info, and thank you in advance for including this site in the DVD documentary!

August 4, 2004

Even more good news about the DVDs -- the commentaries that were just Bryan and Todd ("Crime Dog," "Lovesick Ass" and "Caged Bird") have been re-recorded to include Caroline and Katie as well, so now the stars are on all six commentary tracks. The documentary is also coming along great. Word is this site is mentioned a few times in the interviews with cast and crew -- thanks so much, you guys! -- and images from it will also factor into the documentary. We're excited!
The August 4th update has some other items, including links to photos taken while the commentaries were being recorded. Please head over there and check it out. And stay tuned, because there's more to come about this title.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Sep 12th 2004, 11:39 pm

An update from http://www.savewonderfalls.com :
[T]here will be four discs in the set, with episodes 1-4 on disc one, 5-8 on disc two, 9-12 on disc three, and the finale and special features ("Greetings From Wonderfalls," "Fantastic Visual Effects," and the music video) on disc four. The "floater" episode "Barrel Bear" has been placed in the episode seven position (in between "Muffin Buffalo" and "Lovesick Ass"), so we guess that finally puts an end to the debate about where it belongs! It also appears that "Pink Flamingos" has been changed from episode four to episode two. Cover art's not available yet, but we'll get it up here as soon as it is, and we'll be sure to let everyone know when the set is available for preorder.

All 13 episodes of Wonderfalls are set to air on Canada's VisionTV this fall (on Mondays, starting Oct. 4, at 9 p.m. and 12 a.m. ET). Yay! Go here for details.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Sep 22nd 2004, 12:57 am

According to tvshowsondvd, the release date for Wonderfalls has been changed to January 18.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 16th 2004, 2:20 am

You can now view the cover art at tvshowsondvd.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 28th 2004, 10:43 pm

The latest news from tvshowsondvd:
From the producer of Angel and Firefly comes Wonderfalls with 9 never aired episodes. Although a recent graduate of Brown University, Jaye Tyler decides to ignore her degree, live in a trailer and work at a tourist gift shop in Niagara Falls called Wonderfalls--much to the despair of her well-to-do family. But Jaye's aimless life takes a startling turn after a lion figurine begins talking to her. Her family calls it an "episode," but Jaye knows better. Fearing for her sanity, Jaye nevertheless starts doing exactly what an increasing number of inanimate objects tell her to do and is amazed when her outrageous actions begin changing people's lives in unexpected ways.

Fox's failed series from 2003 hits DVD on February 1st in a three disc set containing all 13 episodes of the series, including 9 where weren't aired in the initial broadcast run.

Disc 1: Wax Lion, Pink Flamingos, Karma Chameleon and Wound-up Penguin
Disc 2: Crime Dog, Muffin Buffalo, Barrel Bear and Lovesick Ass
Disc 3: Safety Canary, Lying Pig, Cocktail Bunny, Totem Mole and Caged Bird

Though viewers only caught 4 episodes during the broadcast run the show gained a cult following that has been looking forward to the release of the DVDs since the show was cancelled. The set will be released with English 5.1 audio, a full frame (1.33:1) picture, and English and Spanish subtitles. Expect this 566 min set to sell for suggested prices of $39.98 US and $54.98 CAN.

Special features include:
Wax Lion Commentary by Caroline Dhavarnes, Katie Finneran, Todd Holland and Bryan Fuller
Crime Dog Commentary by Caroline Dhavarnes, Katie Finneran, Todd Holland and Bryan Fuller
Lovesick Ass Commentary by Caroline Dhavarnes, Katie Finneran, Todd Holland and Bryan Fuller
Safety Canary Commentary by Caroline Dhavarnes, Katie Finneran, Todd Holland and Bryan Fuller
Cocktail Bunny Commentary by Caroline Dhavarnes, Katie Finneran, Todd Holland and Bryan Fuller
Caged Bird, Caged Bird Commentary by Caroline Dhavarnes, Katie Finneran, Todd Holland and Bryan Fuller

Greetings from Wonderfalls (23:16)
Fantastic Visual Effects (2:58)
Music Video (5:00)

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Oct 29th 2004, 5:07 am

And http://www.savewonderfalls.com has some additional cover art online (the inlays of the DVD slim cases)