MSCL Revival

Discussion on bringing the show back on tv. Is "My So-Called Life" going to be shown in your country? Note: See international airdates from the last years here.

MSCL Revival

Post by Guest » Oct 6th 1999, 6:59 pm

While I agree it would be great if MTV were to decide to rerun the episodes, I wouldn't be in favor of the show ever starting up again with NEW episodes. Some of the posts here and elsewhere are from fans writing their wish that MSCL be put back on network TV and pick up where it left off. With all due respect to those well-intentioned folks, that is not something that will ever happen. First of all, the actors and actresses (especially Claire Danes) have moved on to bigger projects. They would not be able to work on the show again. And would we really want to see the show with different actors portraying the characters? I wouldn't. This show stands as a beautiful piece of history, and I'm quite content to leave it that way. And while I was very sad when it was cancelled so early, I think it's nice to be able to imagine in our heads what might have happened. Remembrance of Things Past. And just in case anyone out there doesn't know, there are two video box sets available (12 episodes total).

worldsapart
Between Names

Re: MSCL Revival

Post by worldsapart » Oct 6th 1999, 11:02 pm

I totally agree. MSCL would not be the same if they were to try and do it again- especially with different actors. The times have changed, tv programming has changed and the show just wouldn't have the same affect now. As far as I know, our "revival" effort is dedicated to getting the show re-run on MTV for those of us that didn't manage to catch all the episodes in re-runs before (and for the people who are just now realizing that it was a great show- I mean, I didn't get into it until a couple of years after it went off network).

Tracey

mia
Yearbook Team

Post by mia » Oct 7th 1999, 9:17 am

I agree. New episodes would ruin the nostalgia. Part of what makes MSCL so great is that it's trapped in time. I just want to see it re-aired; to have the comforting thought that I can turn on the TV and watch all those characters we've come to know and love. Does that sound too fanatical?...

BeeJay
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by BeeJay » Oct 7th 1999, 12:41 pm

I don't know who started this discussion about a "NEW" show. That has never been my intention, nor was it Mia's intention. The "Revival" has always been about getting MTV (or whoever) to RE-air the episodes, not produce new ones.

So, let's all be clear about what we are attempting to do here.

JAB
Frozen Embryo

Post by JAB » Nov 1st 1999, 9:09 am

WHERE DO I GET THESE 12 EPISODE BOXED SETS I'M FROM THE U.K IF SOMEONE CAN HELP ME I WILL BE SO HAPPY YOU CAN GET ME AT jab@hotmail THANKS

Matthew
Tino

Post by Matthew » Nov 1st 1999, 3:03 pm

Hi Jab. There are a number of online places you can order the two box sets. Try http://www.reel.com, http://www.amazon.com, http://www.cdnow.com. All three places offer the sets. I'm sure they'll ship to the UK. As for the other 7 episodes, I'll email you soon and we can make arrangements.
Matthew

Odessam
Jody Barsh

Post by Odessam » Nov 1st 1999, 5:05 pm

Well as much as i know they haven't released the boxed set in the UK, so you can't get them there. Also you might not be able to play the US videos in the UK depending on your video's cos if they can't play NTSC (the US format) some VCR's can't but most of the new ones can so you propaply chech your VCR manual about that. One good way would be to copy them from somebody in the UK or nearby. That way you'll get them in PAL format. They use PAL format in almost everywhere in europe (i believe) so anywhere from europe. Well anyway hope that helped.