RIP Christopher Reeve

As the forum title implies: This is the forum for "anything else" which doesn't fit into one of the other forums.
Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

RIP Christopher Reeve

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 11th 2004, 2:15 am

Christopher Reeve, the star of the "Superman" movies whose near-fatal riding accident nine years ago turned him into a worldwide advocate for spinal cord research, died Sunday, his publicist said. He was 52.

Reeve fell into a coma Saturday after going into cardiac arrest while at his New York home, said his publicist, Wesley Combs told The Associated Press by phone from Washington, D.C., on Sunday night.

:cry:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Oct 11th 2004, 3:52 am

This is awful. After his astounding progress following his accident, and his tireless campaigning... :cry:

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Oct 11th 2004, 4:08 am

This is really upsetting news. Since early childhood I have always adored Christopher Reeve (much like my love of Bob Hope, I think it may be routed in his appearance on The Muppet Show.) Mr. Reeve exhibited great spirit and bravery for years, my sympathy goes out to his family.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Oct 11th 2004, 4:23 am

I just heard it this morning on the radio and I'm shocked. This is really sad. It was admirable how he fought against his paralysis since his accident.

special_k
Yearbook Team
Location: Closer to here than there, in the land between dreaming and waking...

Post by special_k » Oct 11th 2004, 10:19 am

I read the news five minutes ago. I still can't believe it. Superman is dead. May he rest in peace.
"Sometimes things happen between people that you don't really expect. And sometimes the things that are important are the ones that seem the weirdest or the most wrong, and those are the ones that change your life."

Jessie, "Once and Again"

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Oct 11th 2004, 10:25 am

Wow, that is a shocker. He was more of a Superman after the accident than before, may we all learn from his strength of character. He will be missed.
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

Amika
Three Rivers Resident

Post by Amika » Oct 11th 2004, 11:26 am

I am saddened by this news. I heard it on the radio this morning and couldn't believe it. He was only 52...

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Oct 11th 2004, 9:44 pm

Yeah,

I also heard about this morning, incredibly sad. Where others might have died from dispair or simply lived a reclusive life Christopher Reeve chose to lead by example. A stronger man I cannot think of.

He will be missed but I think the causes he fought for will live on.

-LanceMan