CANADIAN THANKSGIVING

As the forum title implies: This is the forum for "anything else" which doesn't fit into one of the other forums.
wicked
Catalano

CANADIAN THANKSGIVING

Post by wicked » Oct 8th 2004, 6:35 pm

Whelp it's that weekend again, another year where we stuff our selves with turkey, buns pie and other various treats. The beginning of the holiday season so to speak. Personally I can’t eat Pumpkin pie anymore…. bad memories from stuffing my face as a child. Although I did buy one this year for the Big Bird & Bun fest up in Walters Falls. See map.

What am I thankful for this year… hmmm interesting question I’m thankful for lots of things, home health family (you know all the schmaltzy things your suppose to be happy about) I’m also Thankful for beginning to find myself, for my ability to laugh when I want to cry, for my crazy kids who drive me up the wall most days, and my hubby (see kids), and for a wide variety of on line friends who keep me sane when I’m ready to break into a million pieces.

I’m thankful for mindless TV on nights when I need a break, I’m thankful for in-sightfull TV on nights when I want to be moved, I’m thankful for good movies and bad movies, for artists of all types, and my ability to appreciate the work even if I don’t personally like it. I’m thankful for the time and ability to ramble on and on and on…

I’m even thankful for pumpkin pie…because I can buy it, and am never so hungry that I would eat it.

Leave me a list of things your thankful for… even if it’s not thanks giving for you
"So this is hell. I'd never have believed it. You remember all we were told about the torture-chambers, the fire and brimstone, the "burning marl." Old wive's tales! There's no need for red-hot pokers. HELL IS - OTHER PEOPLE!"

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Oct 10th 2004, 3:51 pm

Wicked,

Happy Thanksgiving!

Ya know, I try and cover the basics. I am thankful and grateful that I am healthy, my family is healthy and have 3 meals a day and a roof over my head.

I am grateful to be living in a new city. I am grateful that my car is reliable. I am also grateful that my brother is town so I have somebody to hang with and watch Football games. Not to mention our lengthy political discussions.

-LanceMan