found on the web ...

As the forum title implies: This is the forum for "anything else" which doesn't fit into one of the other forums.
emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Re: News Flash:

Post by emmie » Sep 30th 2004, 8:44 pm

Nothingman wrote:
emmie wrote: what I want to know is, what the hell was he doing to this hamster to make it bite him several times? they aren't exactly attack animals, you know?
They can have a serious attitude. Some are dosile and some are just plain mean. A dated a girl who had them when we lived in the dorms, she had a knack for selecting annoying animals. The article didn't say where it bit him, perhaps there's a reason for that?
ROFLMAO!!!

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Re: Ghost Town

Post by Sascha » Oct 1st 2004, 11:22 am

Sascha (sab) wrote:Something completely different, but it fits into the "Found on the web" section, so decided to post it here. It's one of the most sad websites I've ever seen. Really makes you think.

Ghost Town
I just found out that these "Ghost Rider" stories about a girl riding on a motorcycle through the Chernobyl area are actually a fake. See this article in the L.A. Times earlier this year. The pictures were not taken where the author claimed they were taken.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Re: Ghost Town

Post by fnordboy » Oct 1st 2004, 11:33 am

Sascha (sab) wrote:
Sascha (sab) wrote:Something completely different, but it fits into the "Found on the web" section, so decided to post it here. It's one of the most sad websites I've ever seen. Really makes you think.

Ghost Town
I just found out that these "Ghost Rider" stories about a girl riding on a motorcycle through the Chernobyl area are actually a fake. See this article in the L.A. Times earlier this year. The pictures were not taken where the author claimed they were taken.
Interesting, I wasn't aware that is was a fake. Thanks for posting this link.

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Oct 1st 2004, 12:26 pm

The fact that the story is fictional doesn't really matter to me because it could be true. The message is genuine, and I still really enjoyed reading it. If I was planing to duplicate the trip and had bought tickets that would be another story.
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Oct 2nd 2004, 11:11 pm

Nothingman wrote:The fact that the story is fictional doesn't really matter to me because it could be true. The message is genuine, and I still really enjoyed reading it. If I was planing to duplicate the trip and had bought tickets that would be another story.
I had a similar response after I learned Mole People was partially untrue. I don't like shoddy journalism, but sometimes it can draw attention to a genuine story that would otherwise be overlooked.
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

wicked
Catalano

Post by wicked » Oct 3rd 2004, 2:48 pm

Nostradamus wrote:
Nothingman wrote:The fact that the story is fictional doesn't really matter to me because it could be true. The message is genuine, and I still really enjoyed reading it. If I was planing to duplicate the trip and had bought tickets that would be another story.
I had a similar response after I learned Mole People was partially untrue. I don't like shoddy journalism, but sometimes it can draw attention to a genuine story that would otherwise be overlooked.
mole people? I don't know about this...what is the story about mole people?

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Oct 3rd 2004, 3:42 pm

wicked wrote:
aren't they the people who live underground in the subway tunnels and such? supposedly there was an entire community of people, if I remember correctly.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 3rd 2004, 4:42 pm

In La Jolla, there is a beautiful neighborhood called Mt. Soledad - very nice houses, ocean views. There was always an urban myth that some of the Munchkins from the Wizard of Oz had used their money to buy houses on Mt. Soledad, and the area where they lived was referred to as Midgetville. The rumor was that they hated people coming to look at their houses, so if you were brave enough to do so they would come out of their houses and throw garbage at you. Now it IS true that some of the Munchkins live there, but it's not like Greek Row where they bought a whole block and took over part of the mountain. In addition, it's hard to tell which houses belong to them unless you really scrutinize the doorways (some of them are much shorter) - a difficult task when you are driving on a winding mountain road.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 3rd 2004, 4:57 pm

Before and after pictures of celebs here, and the Fug Blog has pictures of hideous (and I do mean hideous) fashion faux pas.

I don't condemn it, but I don't, you know, condone it.

:mrgreen:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Oct 3rd 2004, 7:15 pm

candygirl wrote:Before and after pictures of celebs here, and the Fug Blog has pictures of hideous (and I do mean hideous) fashion faux pas.

I don't condemn it, but I don't, you know, condone it.

:mrgreen:
That's funny. I just found this website yesterday via http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com. Jessica, a recapper, does it. Awesome.

:D
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Oct 3rd 2004, 8:49 pm

emmie wrote:
wicked wrote:
aren't they the people who live underground in the subway tunnels and such? supposedly there was an entire community of people, if I remember correctly.
Yep. The basic story is true, but the naive young student who wrote the book believed every rumor she heard, and thus there was a lot of debunking subsequent to publication. Still an interesting read though.
-- Clarence Darrow

-- Mark Twain

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Oct 19th 2004, 8:32 pm

More political stuff, well, kind of ...
http://www.jibjab.com
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Oct 20th 2004, 8:27 pm

Jody Barsch* wrote:More political stuff, well, kind of ...
http://www.jibjab.com
That cartoon is hilarious.

:D

-LanceMan

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Nov 3rd 2004, 3:49 am

One more before the election is technically over (and before the landslide of lawsuits begins :roll: ). As usual, make sure you turn speakers up enough for the audio.

http://www.kerrysucks.com/modules.php?n ... cle&sid=73
-- Clarence Darrow

-- Mark Twain

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Dec 31st 2004, 6:39 am

This is one of those amateur music videos that makes no sense but is oddly fun to watch...

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/206373

:rnj:
-- Clarence Darrow

-- Mark Twain