Buffy the Vampire Slayer

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Sep 18th 2004, 4:41 pm

I bought most of mine at Cost Co as they were released (and let me say once more - damn you Fox for making us wait a year longer than the UK fans to get the DVDs here!) - they are usually $36.99 each there, and sometimes they do specials. When S4 was released, you could get any of the previous seasons for $15 with the purchase of S4. Best Buy ran a lot of specials too during most of the season releases.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Sep 18th 2004, 10:56 pm

I thought that I posted about this earlier when I reported about the new Slayer Collection DVDs, but apparently I forgot.

:oops:

There is a R2 set of all seven seasons being released on November 22. According to this site:
Joyously packaged in a leatherette box, the set includes the seven seasons spread over 39 discs at the bargain price of £199.99.

As well as all the episodes, the DVD set includes various extra including commentaries, featurettes, outtakes, Easter Eggs, trailers and cast biographies.

Plus, there's a special booklet included and a letter from Joss Whedon himself – although we doubt he's written each one.

Be warned, with only 10,000 produced, it may just fly off the shelves.
You can view a picture of the packaging here.

The list price is 199 GBP, but both Amazon and HMV are retailing it for 139 GBP - good price if you don't already have the whole set. It will be interesting to see if they do a similar set in R1.

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Sep 21st 2004, 12:12 am

emmie wrote:
frozen embryos wrote:i only have one and six, gonna be a while before i have all the box sets :cry:
well, the only reason I have all of them, is because amazon has them at a great price if you preorder them. so I always bought them early.
Works for me. Although I believe Buffy Season 7 will go on my Xmas list.

C'mon Dad!

-LanceMan

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Sep 24th 2004, 4:54 am

For all those Riley lovers out there :wink: First Daughter opens this weekend. Joey Potter and Riley Finn - who woulda thunk it?

:mrgreen:

You can view a picture of ASH here. He (and his horse) posed for the PetPlan Calendar 2005 for Riding for the Disabled.

frozen embryos
Nicky Driscoll

Post by frozen embryos » Sep 25th 2004, 9:38 pm

candygirl wrote:For all those Riley lovers out there :wink: First Daughter opens this weekend. Joey Potter and Riley Finn - who woulda thunk it?

:mrgreen:

You can view a picture of ASH here. He (and his horse) posed for the PetPlan Calendar 2005 for Riding for the Disabled.
i'm an easy critic :oops: i think it looks cute, but i have heard it's gonna bomb :shock:

frozen embryos
Nicky Driscoll

Post by frozen embryos » Sep 25th 2004, 10:08 pm

emmie wrote:
frozen embryos wrote:i only have one and six, gonna be a while before i have all the box sets :cry:
well, the only reason I have all of them, is because amazon has them at a great price if you preorder them. so I always bought them early.
i wish i could do that, but i can't use my card online, my rents forbid it :roll: i think it's pretty safe to use, don't ya think? :o

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Sep 26th 2004, 9:27 pm

My mom still won't order anything online, but I figure I'm a big girl so she is free to be paranoid and I am free to use my credit card online. I understand her mistrust, but credit card fraud occurs everywhere, not just online - people steal credit card information at grocery stores, mall stores, any place credit cards are used. Of course if I told her that, she would just be even more distrustful and afraid to use her credit card anywhere! As much as I value my mom's opinion on certain matters, I make my financial decisions based upon my own judgement rather than her fears. Besides, it's MY credit card!

:lol:

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Sep 30th 2004, 4:31 am

The latest on the new Slayer Collection DVDs:

Cordelia
Out Of Mind, Out Of Sight
What's My Line Part Two
Homecoming
The Prom

Dawn
The Real Me
Blood Ties
Older And Far Away
Potential

Xander
The Pack
Bewiched, Bothered and Bewildered
The Zeppo
Hell's Bells

Giles
The Dark Age
Passion
A New Man
Lies My Parents Told Me

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Sep 30th 2004, 12:12 pm

candygirl wrote:My mom still won't order anything online, but I figure I'm a big girl so she is free to be paranoid and I am free to use my credit card online. I understand her mistrust, but credit card fraud occurs everywhere, not just online - people steal credit card information at grocery stores, mall stores, any place credit cards are used. Of course if I told her that, she would just be even more distrustful and afraid to use her credit card anywhere! As much as I value my mom's opinion on certain matters, I make my financial decisions based upon my own judgement rather than her fears. Besides, it's MY credit card!

:lol:
I know that with my mom's credit card, visa I think, they have a much more secure way of dealing with fraud. not to mean they have better security, just that you are not charged if someone steals your number. unlike a debit card, where you aren't guaranteed that you'll get your money back.

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Sep 30th 2004, 1:43 pm

I only use my credit card online, never debit card. I have a Capitol One card that helps protect me, but I'm still causious. I recently bought a shredder to dispose of old bills and other mail.
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Sep 30th 2004, 3:55 pm

It depends on your bank, but debit cards are often protected as well so that you are not held liable for fradulent charges and the money is put back into your account.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Sep 30th 2004, 5:10 pm

candygirl wrote:It depends on your bank, but debit cards are often protected as well so that you are not held liable for fradulent charges and the money is put back into your account.
Yeah, I remember back when the whole AU fiasco happened there was discussion that if your debit card has a Visa logo on it, chances are they will protect you. I had no protection on my debit card (was a mastercard) and I lost a big chunk of money to them :evil:

Since I don't have a credit card and don't really want one, what I have done is setup another checking account that I just put a small amount of money in and use that to order from places that I don't know or fully trust.

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Sep 30th 2004, 8:34 pm

Nothingman wrote:I only use my credit card online, never debit card. I have a Capitol One card that helps protect me, but I'm still causious. I recently bought a shredder to dispose of old bills and other mail.
There was a cool segment on TechTV about disposal of sensitive information. They had a shredder that eats CDs, a de-gausser to megnetically scour hard drives, etc. My favorite was the (extremely dangerous) use of a thermite incendiary device to obliterate an entire PC in a matter of seconds!

:onfire:
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Sep 30th 2004, 8:40 pm

Nostradamus wrote:
Nothingman wrote:I only use my credit card online, never debit card. I have a Capitol One card that helps protect me, but I'm still causious. I recently bought a shredder to dispose of old bills and other mail.
There was a cool segment on TechTV about disposal of sensitive information. They had a shredder that eats CDs, a de-gausser to megnetically scour hard drives, etc. My favorite was the (extremely dangerous) use of a thermite incendiary device to obliterate an entire PC in a matter of seconds!

:onfire:
wow, that sounds like the basis of a sci-fi paranoia film! or something from James Bond or Alias!

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Oct 1st 2004, 11:08 pm

Works for me. Although recently several banks have advertised more protection for debit cards. For those with bad or no credit, sometimes all you have is your debit card.

Or you can do what I did. During a rough patch when I didn't have a credit card my friend would use his credit card to order stuff for me and I would just give him checks or cash.

-LanceMan