ER

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

ER

Post by Nostradamus » Sep 26th 2004, 3:50 am

Anyone else catch the season opener? It was a little more upbeat than usual, but I'm still waiting for the long beeeep and someone calling the time of series death...

:roll:
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Sep 27th 2004, 11:59 am

I caught it, and enjoyed it. I have to say, I could hardly watch the scene where Carter's girl is telling him she just needs some time alone while they sit on the park bench. It didn't make me emotional, just very uncomfortable because I've had that conversation several times before and it just makes me cringe.
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Sep 27th 2004, 12:56 pm

I thought the season premiere was a better ep than I've seen in a while. for the past 2 or 3 seasons I've only watched when I happened to be home. doesn't hold my interest enough to actively record it or anything. I caught myself wondering how many seasons it had been on and if Carter was the only character part of the original cast. and even that is sad since he was hardly on last season.

and did I mention that I'm terribly afraid of dark water? so yeah, I was squirming quite a bit during those car scenes. *shiver*

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Oct 5th 2004, 6:25 pm

OK, I hate to admit it but I have been watching ER. I hate it when I like the shows the rest of the world likes. I think I saw all of last season, probably the re-runs and I think I saw some of the season before that. I mostly watch b/c I like maura tierney. (sp?) I have to say I didn't like the opener b/c it seems now that abbey is a full blown doctor, they are turning her into more of a dominant/in-charge/screaming and yelling type. :evil: I hope this isn't the case. Since I am unemployed I have been switching between ER and Dawson's Creek on TBS/TNT in the mornings. (I'm so hopeless! :twisted:)
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 6th 2004, 2:27 am

I gave up on ER a few years ago. Last year I slogged on and watched, hoping that it would be an interesting season, but I was sorely disappointed, especially since I didn't enjoy the season before that either! I know - I'm stubborn. This year I decided not to bother. You know a show is on its last legs when almost the entire original cast is gone. I just saw a rerun of a Melrose Place special over the weekend and when they showed the cast from the last season, I couldn't figure out who most of them were. ER is well on its way to that. Do you think they will renew the show once Noah Wyle is gone?
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

toolostinyou
Jody Barsh

Post by toolostinyou » Feb 1st 2005, 2:23 pm

ER's my new obsession. 10 years too late. but yeah, its awsome.

i fancy dr. carter :oops:
"Apparently Delia Fischer smiles at everyone. She probably comes from one of
those small towns where everyone's friendly and smiles at you for no reason.
I hate that type of town."
-- Brian

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Feb 1st 2005, 2:57 pm

I've been out of the house by 9 on thursdays so I keep missing ER. Last week was good but I think I'd missed 3 new episodes before that. So I figured I catch the recap on TWOP, and I remembered why I never read them. One episode was 11 pages long! Why not just post the transcript at that point. It's a recap, 2 pages max, 3 if I really push myself. I like the two paragraph Lost recaps, the ER girl could take a lesson.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 1st 2005, 4:02 pm

TWoP does the same thing for every show they recap - first they post a brief one or two paragraph recaplet which is a very brief synopsis within a day or two of the air date. Then they post the full recap which is 5-7 pages for a half hour show and usually 10-13 pages for an hourlong show.

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Feb 1st 2005, 5:01 pm

Ah, thanks CG. I was just miss informed, well once I remove the foot from my mouth, is there any way to access the short versions once the book is written about the episode?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 2nd 2005, 3:07 am

Not that I know of - once the full recap is posted, the recaplet disappears. On the show page, there is a brief synposis for each episode, but they are usually only a sentence or two (not the one or two paragraph version).

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 2nd 2005, 8:12 pm

Hee, this week's TWoP summary:
My So-Called Kidney
ER - Angela Chase's dad shows up with a daughter in kidney failure. He's already donated one kidney, which was destroyed by a medication recommended to the family by Chad Lowe. Stupid Chad Lowe. Anyway, Angela Chase's dad feels responsible and wants to donate his other kidney to his daughter. But how can he live without any kidneys? You may have figured it out.

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Feb 6th 2005, 4:43 am

ER peaked with their 3rd season -- one of the best single seasons any TV show ever had. The signs that it was getting worse were there during the 4th year. Then the 5th season, they started bringing in new characters just to kill them off. And things got sillier and sillier. It continued to have its rare good moments, but I clearly remember watching an episode were Carter and Kovac got into a sword fight, and all I could see in my head was a giant shark. There was no going back after that.
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)