Gilmore Girls Discussion

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Oct 6th 2003, 9:02 pm

candygirl wrote:Megs, if you get any crankier, you'll be a shoe-in to become a TWoP recapper!

:wink:
I know! I think it's personal, meaning that I am over-stressed, underpaid, and just generally cranky nowadays, so even the Gilmore Girls are annoying me!

But I did enjoy Smallville, so maybe it is the show and not me...
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 7th 2003, 2:47 am

Megs wrote:I know! I think it's personal, meaning that I am over-stressed, underpaid, and just generally cranky nowadays, so even the Gilmore Girls are annoying me!
I know how you feel - like there is a conspiracy to annoy you, kick you when you're down :evil:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Nov 2nd 2003, 9:53 am

Episode 4x06: "Juicy" - ROTFLMAO! :-)

So far the new season is really entertaining (maybe except for noisy Paris and whiny Rory) - what do you think?

Sammi
Substitute Teacher

Post by Sammi » Nov 2nd 2003, 3:26 pm

I really do like the new season, so much better than last year. One thing though that bothered me about the last episode was the whole Lorelai and Digger scene, I really thought that it was implausible that Lorelai would have even agreed to go out with Digger. Yes she was trying to annoy her mom, but when she went over there she was all hell bent on protecting her mom. For once I think Lorelai and her mom really connected at the end of the episode, meaning Lorelai understood why her mom is this way about throwing parties. I honestly think in reality she would have hounding digger like she does most people, until he aggreed with Lorelai and gave in. But other than that and really annoying Paris this season is going really well. I like Rory with out a boyfriend and I hope Jess doesn't come back and spoil this.

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Gilmore Girls on DVD!

Post by Sascha » Nov 12th 2003, 5:57 am

Very, very, very good news from TVShowsonDVD.com:
That's right, you heard it here first. Warner Bros Home Video has plans to release the first season of Gilmore Girls on DVD in the first half of 2004. If we were betting men we would guess that it'll be closer to the end (April-June) rather then Jan-Mar. Nothing else about the release is known at this time, but with the quality of Warner's TV product constantly getting better, we expect the fans to quite happy when the set is released. Hopefully we'll have some solid news in the new year.

Source: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=820

Let's hope for a) lots of bonus stuff and b) the original soundtrack!

Jim
Overlooked Sibling

Re: Gilmore Girls on DVD!

Post by Jim » Jan 14th 2004, 9:44 am

This just in from tvshowsondvd.com:
Warner Brothers Home Video announces that one of the most-requested modern television shows is finally coming to DVD this spring, just in time for Mother's Day. Gilmore Girls - The Complete 1st Season breezes onto DVD this May, shortly before the fourth season finale airs on The WB Network.

All 21 first-season episodes are here, along with these bonus supplements:

Gilmore Girl Beginnings - a documentary including interviews with the show's creators, cast, and crew.
Gilmore-isms - a montage of the witty comments coined on the show
Gilmore Goodies and Gossip - fun facts pop-up throughout the episode "Rory's Dance"
Additional/Deleted Scenes

Aspect ratio is in the originally broadcast 1.33:1 format, and the soundtrack is English Stereo. Subtitles are in "English, Francais, and Espanol", plus closed captioning is at hand. This 6-Disc set has a running time of 997 minutes, and the list price is $59.98. Look for Gilmore Girls - The Complete 1st Season to roll out on May 4, 2004.
Jim
Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight.
Got to kick at the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight.

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Jan 14th 2004, 11:32 am

... but no audio commentaries! :-( Oh well, I'll probably buy it anyway...

Post by Guest » Jun 23rd 2004, 12:22 pm

Probably too soon to be asking, but has anyone heard if and when the second season will be released?

Leo
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Leo » Jun 25th 2004, 11:47 pm

Anonymous wrote:Probably too soon to be asking, but has anyone heard if and when the second season will be released?
No news yet.

I can't wait to buy my first season of GG on DVD!

And I'm also excited for the start of the new season. I really want to see Lorelai and Luke continue withtheir relationship, although I have a feeling Jason will interupt and possibly screw it up. But only temporarily, for L&L will definitely be a couple at the end of the series, whenever that may be!
Let's Bolt!

KrokRos
Angela's best friend

Post by KrokRos » Jul 1st 2004, 4:27 pm

Though I love this forum, any GG-fan should check out http://www.gilmoregirls.org/forum :) All news, spoilers, discussions etc are there :)
----------------
Make it count.

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Aug 20th 2004, 6:10 am

Season 2 of "Gilmore girls" will be released on DVD on December 7th.

The 22 episodes (976 mins) will be released in a 6 disc set with full frame (1.33:1) video, and English stereo audio (English, French, Spanish subtitles).

The set also sports some interesting special features:

* Deleted Scenes
* International Success - a look at Gilmore Girls in various territories.
* A Film by Kirk
* Gilmore Goodies & Gossip: On-screen factiods appear during one episode
* Who Wants To Argue: A montage of season two's greatest fights

sarahr_81
Overlooked Sibling

Post by sarahr_81 » Sep 16th 2004, 3:51 pm

i cant wait for this start again next week.

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Oct 11th 2004, 4:31 pm

I just have to mention somewhere that last weeks episode (5x03 - Written in the Stars) was one of the best "Gilmore Girls" episodes ever IMHO. Lots and lots of funny lines, classy scenes and beautiful written moments.

"This great man was not brought down by my vagina"

"You can see the driveway with your nose way up in the sky like that!?"

"Did you take the bar or just hung out in one?"

Hilarious! Amy Sherman-Palladino can still write amazing scripts for the Gilmore Girls.

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Oct 11th 2004, 7:51 pm

Sascha (sab) wrote:"Did you take the bar or just hung out in one?"
That one was classic! I totally wrote that one down.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Oct 12th 2004, 11:15 am

I don't watch the show, but those lines are good.
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts