As the forum title implies: This is the forum for "anything else" which doesn't fit into one of the other forums.
Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jul 30th 2004, 2:59 pm

Jody Barsch* wrote:I always love when Russel says, "Yes, on my better days, I'm Russel Hammond from Stillwater" and it's actually based on something John Cussak said years ago about being Lloyd Dobbler.
:love

Mmmm, Lloyd Dobler!

...uh, I liked Almost Famous as well, but I got a little distracted.

:oops:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Jul 30th 2004, 3:44 pm

candygirl wrote: :love

Mmmm, Lloyd Dobler!
Seriously! He's right up there with Mr. Darcy (Austen, not Fielding) I love on the commentary how they talk about his optimism as a revolutionary act.
candygirl wrote:...uh, I liked Almost Famous as well, but I got a little distracted. :oops:
Uh-oh... what does that mean ... :lol:
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Jul 30th 2004, 3:55 pm

candygirl wrote:
Jody Barsch* wrote:I always love when Russel says, "Yes, on my better days, I'm Russel Hammond from Stillwater" and it's actually based on something John Cussak said years ago about being Lloyd Dobbler.
:love

Mmmm, Lloyd Dobler!

...uh, I liked Almost Famous as well, but I got a little distracted.

:oops:
John Cusack has a knack for being adorable and endearing in a way that just makes you melt.

So-Called Loon
Angela's best friend

Post by So-Called Loon » Aug 1st 2004, 4:59 am

emmie wrote:actually, Jody Barsh's avatar inspired me to base my av on a film I really love. the only problem was finding a small enough pic of Amelie's face. if you remember the film, the director was constantly dollying in really close until her face filled the screen. but I managed to find a few odd pics of her in the background. Audrey Tautou is just so adorable!
I'm sure i saw the film, but i can't remember it well.
:bathroom:
Been a member since sometime BR (before Ross)

So-Called Loon
Angela's best friend

Post by So-Called Loon » Aug 1st 2004, 5:03 am

sunshine11 wrote:I didn't see Almost Famous(I should probably rent it) so I had no idea where it was from I just knew I liked it. It's so mysterious and that's what I liked about it. I agree the picture goes well with the mystic surrounding Jody Barsch.
I could barely recall the name. Haven't seen it either. Had to look it up on rotten tomatoes. 89%! An unusual accomplishment. I'll have to check it out.
Been a member since sometime BR (before Ross)

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Sep 11th 2004, 9:41 pm

Emmie, I love your new avatar! That is one of my favorite movies.

:mrgreen:

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Sep 11th 2004, 11:18 pm

INCONCEIVABLE!

ah, I love it!

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Sep 12th 2004, 2:39 am

"I do not think that means what you think it means."

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Sep 12th 2004, 7:22 am

Wally Shawn kicks ass. Armin Shimerman once talked about Shawn's fan-favorite guest role as a Ferengi on DS9. Shawn had enjoyed the part, and told Shimerman it was the first time he had used "an odd voice". Armin had to stifle a laugh because, as everyone but Wally knew, he always speaks with an odd voice!

:-P

BTW, if sab's new av girl looks familiar, she is the slutty evil sister from 24 season two. Why can't more villains be all hot and slutty? Hmm...

:wink:
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Sep 12th 2004, 10:21 am

this is taken from my S.E. Princess Bride, an excerpt from Wallace Shawn:
What's so funny? Wallace Shawn who plays Vizzini, the ill-fated leader of the small band of kidnappers, admits that he doesn't really understand what's so amusing about the rogue: "I don't happen to have a sense of humor personally, so I don't know what's funny about a character. But people who do have a sense of humor find Vizzini funny. This happens to be a feature of my life generally. I do things, and other people laugh at them. I rarely know what the joke is supposed to be or why they're laughing. I'm usually just trying to express my genuine view of things."
:lol:

and nostradamus, I think you picked a great evil slutty villian!

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Sep 12th 2004, 2:09 pm

Anybody want a peanut?
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Sep 12th 2004, 5:32 pm

Nostradamus wrote:BTW, if sab's new av girl looks familiar, she is the slutty evil sister from 24 season two. Why can't more villains be all hot and slutty? Hmm...

:wink:
Actually Sarah Kuttner is the host of , while the evil slutty sister Marie from 24 is an actress named Laura Harris who is now in the cast of Dead Like Me. I only know this because I remember her playing Ashley on the Nickelodeon show Fifteen many moons ago. As soon as I saw her on 24, I recognized her and started pointing and yelling. My boyfriend never saw Fifteen so he had no idea what I was talking about. She did provide one of our favorite moments from S2 of 24 - right after Jack shot her, she yelled, "Ow, my arm!"

:lol:

And Nostradamus does have quite the evil slutty avatar now - me likey! My boyfriend's favorite Glory quote is when she yells at Spike, "Shut up, shut up! I command you to shut up!" Now keep in mind that my boyfriend never actually sits down and watches BtVS or AtS with me, but when he hears these bits of dialogue from across the room, he still laughs and makes comments. I think he is a closet Jossverse fan!

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Sep 29th 2004, 9:43 pm

I'm lost; who are candygirl and emmie's new avatars?
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Sep 29th 2004, 9:59 pm

my avatar is taken, once again, from the film Amelie. there is a sequence where she is watching tv and sees herself in weird situations. I've used another pic from the same sequence.

I believe candygirl's is from Joan of Arcadia.

btw, love yours nostradamus!! 8)

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Sep 30th 2004, 12:09 am

Yup, emmie is right - this avatar is from Joan of Arcadia. It's one of the ways that God appears to Joan. This one is known as Goth God. The picture is from the season finale.

Nostradamus, I love that you still have the Glory sig with your new Sally avatar.