Newbies!

If you want to share some events in your life or thoughts about life in general with other MSCL fans or if you just want post a rant to let some steam off - this is the place.
Forum Newbies: Please introduce yourself here!
Angela_Catalano
Between Names

Post by Angela_Catalano » Aug 27th 2004, 12:42 pm

Thanks!! Yeah, this show pulled me in pretty fast! I really just love MSCL.

raineedazed
Nicky Driscoll

Post by raineedazed » Aug 30th 2004, 11:57 pm

Who's new?
SARAH IS!
but you can probably already tell that, considering im posting on this thread.
ssoooo....

Im 14, started watching MSCL when it aired on The N, and fell in love within about.... 2 seconds. I owe this show a lot. Seriously. It's the reason i know Jared Leto (who is now, officially, who i want to be when i grow up. but meeting him or going to a :30TM concert would work nicely as well) and 30 Seconds to Mars (which has been my air supply lately) exists.
Everyone tells me I remind them of angela, which could potentially be a bad thing, but I'm not sure.
Im really hyper right now, forgive me if i sound like an insane teenybopper. Cuz trust me, thats not who i am.
I hate typing with capitals. it takes too much thinking.
right now im working on an ep. 20, which is still untitled, and am finally figuring out that i shoudl write down where i want things to go, as i have no memory whatsoever. i posted what i have so far in the fanfiction section, if any of you are bored at the moment.

since i cant think straight right now, this is more of what ur lookin for: http://www.livejournal.com/userinfo.bml ... aineedazed
im addicted to dr pepper, and livejournal. seriously. its getting insane!

Hope you all are having wonderful days. Or nights. Ya know, whatever.

Provehito In Altum
*S
"I don't like to leave the house, unless I have to. I would prefer living in a cave, with a door. Maybe a giant hobbit cave, with furry rugs. Something really cozy, with a fireplace--something you could stay in for six to 15 months at a time."
~Jared Leto

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Aug 31st 2004, 12:38 am

Welcome Angela_Catalano and Raneedazed!
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

DJKRIS2FUR
Frozen Embryo

Post by DJKRIS2FUR » Aug 31st 2004, 4:41 am

hello ,love the site,and I watch the reruns at 4am on the N,but used to watch the show when it was first on,and when it use to repeat on mtv..

I'm 30 and love all music,and love to hear about new bands,and one you should check out is http://www.lennonmurphy.com SHE ROXS!
SUPPORT LOCAL MUSIC

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Aug 31st 2004, 9:25 pm

:BIG:

Welcome Angela_Catalano, raineedazed and Djkris2fur!

-LanceMan

EchelonFan
Tino

Post by EchelonFan » Sep 3rd 2004, 7:08 pm

hey im scott i watched the show back in 94 but never really got into it. Now my little sis watches the show everytime she comes over to my apartment and i like love the show now i dont really know why either but its just really interesting. im trying to fine the box set but it sells for like 80+ on ebay.
You are a speck, in this vast universe, you are a dot and nobody loves you.
-30 Seconds to Mars

The Mars Amry is coming... Earth will have no chance.

[california divsion- ECHELON]

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Sep 3rd 2004, 11:03 pm

EchelonFan wrote: im trying to fine the box set but it sells for like 80+ on ebay.
Welcome to the forum. :)

Sascha just posted a few links where you can still get the boxset at a reasonable price over in this thread, hope that helps.

CarrieBear79
Tino

Post by CarrieBear79 » Sep 5th 2004, 5:22 pm

Hi everyone! :)
My name is Carrie and I'm a newbie here but not to the MSCL universe. I was 15 when the show aired on ABC and I've been a fan since the very first episode. I even wrote countless letters to ABC and to Ted Harbert. Anyways, MSCL helped me graduate from high school. I know it sounds strange, but it's true. During my senior year of high school, I was absent a lot due to the flu, mono and a trip the hospital thanks to an apendicitis. Because of this, I got an F during the second and third quarter of the year in English. Since passing all four years of English is required to graduate, I had to pass my English final with flying colors. And that English final was in complete essay form. So, I studied night and day for my English final and when the big day came, I had no idea what the subject of my essay was going to be. Well, low and behold, the subject of my English final essay was the very same Shakespeare sonnet discussed in the "Self-Esteem" episode. Which is also one of my favorite episodes. So, not only did I love MSCL (still do), it helped me get my high school diploma. I know it sounds stupid, but I'm forever grateful to the show for that as well as the impact it had on me during my own sophomore year in high school. I'm going to LA in a few weeks and I'm planning a day during my trip to visit the various MSCL filming locations. At least the ones I can legally visit.

special_k
Yearbook Team
Location: Closer to here than there, in the land between dreaming and waking...

Post by special_k » Sep 5th 2004, 11:08 pm

Not really a newbie, but haven't been terribly active on these boards in a very long time. Too long. I watched the show on and off from the pilot on ABC, and still remember the network's reason for killing the series: Claire wanted to pursue a film career over television. Wastrels. What really attracted me to the series was Angela's perspective on life. I'll never forget the line "She woke up." I'm really not into television, but, I loved Homefront and Once and Again. I first became aware of the site during the petition for the DVD set, and was really quite surprised by the community here.

Let's see, I work in the client support area of a huge multinational finance company, collect comic books, action figures, and the occasional Barbie. I've also never quite "grown up," whatever that means. I love everything from opera to punk, with the exclusion of rap, which sooo hurts my ears. Neil Gaiman is probably my favourite writer next to Kerouac, though, of late I am collecting books on Asian culture and philosophy, as well as learning both Mandarin and Hanguk. Ni hao ma? Annyong hasseyo? ^_^

Things I love:

Autumn
Walking in the rain
Spending time on the balcony working with my plants
Watching Chinese films, snug under the covers
Being chilled by an episode of Dark Shadows
Hiking
Exploring abandoned buildings
Photography
Writing
The X-Games
Building a personal library
Mojo's in Austin
Long drives through the hill country
The plink, plink, plink, of raindrops on my window glass
China, Corea, Japan...
Beautiful by Gordon Lightfoot
Van Gogh
Laying on the grass looking at clouds roll by

Film

Lost In Translation
In The Mood For Love
(really, all Wong Kar-Wai films)
Creature From The Black Lagoon
Universal Monster Pictures
Scarlet Cinema
Possession
The Hours

Music

Phillip Glass
Radiohead
The Flaming Lips
Depeche Mode
The Smiths
Underworld
Ivy
Jane Siberry
Ben Folds Five
Duncan Sheik

How MSCL impacted my life: It made me realize I wasn't such an odd duckling way back in the day.

My goals and aspirations: Writing, living in China, visiting Athens.

My greatest accomplishment in life so far: Being a dutiful daughter.

My shoe size: Nuh-uh! :^P

My favorite fruit: Limes!

My most guilty pleasure: Merlot.

My best childhood sugary Saturday morning cereal: Apple Jacks. I still recall the little plastic prizes waiting in each box. My favourite were the puppets, and ship in a bottle.

My favorite cartoon character: The Super-Friends, Big O, Supergirl, Batgirl, Godzilla, The Fantastic Four, Johnny Quest.

My ultimate disco song: Too many to list. Just got I Just Want To Be Your Everything by Andy Gibb from the iTunes music store.
"Sometimes things happen between people that you don't really expect. And sometimes the things that are important are the ones that seem the weirdest or the most wrong, and those are the ones that change your life."

Jessie, "Once and Again"

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Sep 6th 2004, 6:48 pm

CarrieBear79 wrote:Hi everyone! :)
My name is Carrie and I'm a newbie here but not to the MSCL universe. I was 15 when the show aired on ABC and I've been a fan since the very first episode. I even wrote countless letters to ABC and to Ted Harbert. Anyways, MSCL helped me graduate from high school. I know it sounds strange, but it's true. During my senior year of high school, I was absent a lot due to the flu, mono and a trip the hospital thanks to an apendicitis. Because of this, I got an F during the second and third quarter of the year in English. Since passing all four years of English is required to graduate, I had to pass my English final with flying colors. And that English final was in complete essay form. So, I studied night and day for my English final and when the big day came, I had no idea what the subject of my essay was going to be. Well, low and behold, the subject of my English final essay was the very same Shakespeare sonnet discussed in the "Self-Esteem" episode. Which is also one of my favorite episodes. So, not only did I love MSCL (still do), it helped me get my high school diploma. I know it sounds stupid, but I'm forever grateful to the show for that as well as the impact it had on me during my own sophomore year in high school. I'm going to LA in a few weeks and I'm planning a day during my trip to visit the various MSCL filming locations. At least the ones I can legally visit.
Welcome CarrieBear 79!

Glad you are here. MSCL got me through some rather boring college classes as well.

Also Welcome Back to special_k!

-LanceMan

sarahr_81
Overlooked Sibling

Post by sarahr_81 » Sep 10th 2004, 3:31 pm

hey everyone,

i just found this site and my so-called life again cause it is finally being re-aired here in canada on the family channel mon-thurs so i have been watching and taping them.

my name is sarah and i am 23 years old from ontario, canada, i can't believe its been a decade since the show aired, lol.

looking forward to posting with you all.

special_k
Yearbook Team
Location: Closer to here than there, in the land between dreaming and waking...

Post by special_k » Sep 12th 2004, 3:50 am

sarahr_81 wrote:hey everyone,

i just found this site and my so-called life again cause it is finally being re-aired here in canada on the family channel mon-thurs so i have been watching and taping them.

my name is sarah and i am 23 years old from ontario, canada, i can't believe its been a decade since the show aired, lol.

looking forward to posting with you all.
Welcome, Sarah! It's great to have yet another neighbour from the great white north in our midst. How lovely that you're from Ontario. I've actually been planning a sort of holiday there. ^_^
"Sometimes things happen between people that you don't really expect. And sometimes the things that are important are the ones that seem the weirdest or the most wrong, and those are the ones that change your life."

Jessie, "Once and Again"

wicked
Catalano

Post by wicked » Sep 13th 2004, 4:34 pm

Hi,
First I'd like to say I swear I am the oldest person here. :shock:
ANYWAY....
I'm wicked or nellie take your pick.
I another one from Ontario...funny how things seem to go in groups like that. Chances are Family channel has something to do with that.
I had watch MSCL when it was originally came out and loved it! I remembering so mad when the cancel it. :evil:
I'm having fun watching it again now, and it's really hasn't dated itself too badly. Some quality writting.I'm also a bit of a night owl, so it's nice to watch something when the house has gone quiet

But what about me??? who am I???? well I'm a self representing artist you can see my work here:http://nelliex.ebsqart.com/ or here
http://www.wickeddollz.bravehost.com/ My wicked dolls site is still underconstructions so bear with me on that one LOL.
I have 2 kid, and a hubby who works in film. I've live in Canada, Mexico, California, and New Zealand. Anything else you should know...Oh yeah I'm a slight freak, but not too scary. Also I neither type well nor use spell check, so bear with me.

Looking forward to getting to meet people
( just edited to fix a link)

sarahr_81
Overlooked Sibling

Post by sarahr_81 » Sep 13th 2004, 5:49 pm

ontario, cool, another fan, thats great, i am just outside of toronto!

i am almost 23 now, so i was 12ish when the show first aired, and i remember having such a huge crush on jared leto/jordan catalano, and i loved rickie, i always wanted a friend like him, and i eventually got one, lol.

wicked
Catalano

Post by wicked » Sep 16th 2004, 8:54 am

We seem to have a few ONtario members eh? Thanks for the welcome.