stranded

If you want to share some events in your life or thoughts about life in general with other MSCL fans or if you just want post a rant to let some steam off - this is the place.
Forum Newbies: Please introduce yourself here!
starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Aug 25th 2004, 5:10 am

phew. I always kind of thought that if you broke your neck, that was it for your life. I'm really glad she made a good recovery :D

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

sweet relief

Post by emmie » Aug 26th 2004, 3:52 pm

yeah, I always thought a broken neck meant death! of course, what do I know about the body anyway?

well, I've just received some very surprising help from an unexpected source. an old friend of mine from high school offered to drive me and my car back to Savannah tomorrow!! it's unexpected because we only talk about once a year. as it turns out, her husband has some thing happening in Savannah, and they were going anyway. she just happened to call me to see if we could meet up down there. I told her how I was in Birmingham, and then she just offered to take me back! how nice is that?! being crippled, has really shown me another side of humanity. I was of the opinion that people were slowing becoming more uncaring and selfish, wrapped up in their busy little lives. but I've had so many strangers and old friends offer help, it's really touching.

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Aug 26th 2004, 5:44 pm

That's wonderful! I am very excited for you! (I was trying to write something funny here about traveling with an emergency entertainment pack, or something about being fed up with family until Thanksgiving, but it just wasn't working... but what the hell, getting home should be exciting enough :D Congratualtions.)
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Aug 26th 2004, 5:57 pm

Hey, just wanted to add that my husband and I will be in Savannah Labor Day weekend.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Aug 26th 2004, 9:42 pm

emmie wrote: my mom lovingly calls me names like crip, frankenstein, hobble, and a reference to a cripple character on GunSmoke. I am so utterly bored. and I feel like such a bum because all I do now is hang out on the net. I feel like I'm wasting time. but there is literally, nothing else to do! I might get another outing tomorrow, yippee.
Ahh yes, its always the ones who are closest to you who support you with the upmost dignity and respect in your time of need.

-LanceMan

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Aug 26th 2004, 11:36 pm

Megs wrote:Hey, just wanted to add that my husband and I will be in Savannah Labor Day weekend.
hey cool! if you need any tips, let me know. I work in a restaurant and feel like I'm a tour guide. people always asking me about the history of the city and where to go, etc. ha ha. it's almost as if I'm a performer. wow, with the thought of going back to my apartment, I've suddenly gained lots of energy!! :-P

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Aug 29th 2004, 4:04 pm

well, I finally made it back to Savannah. it wasn't an easy ride, however. what was supposed to be a 5 1/2 hour trip, turned into a 9 hr trip! we were driving at night and my friend who was driving my car, hit a jagged rock the size of a human head. it blew out, not one, but two of my passenger side tires. and busted up one of rims. her husband and his friend were driving in another car. lucky for us that we both had a Jeep Cherokee. he had a normal sized spare and I had a donut. it was such a clown car!! we had to drive 55 m/hr, and it was 4am when we got to my house! my ankle, and my cats were not happy. the person they were supposed to stay with had fallen asleep, so I ended up being the host to half of an Ultimate Frisbee team. 7 people were sleeping in my living room! it was a giant slumber party. ha ha. I didn't feel bad about having my large bedroom all to myself, you know, since I'm cripple and all. ;) and then 3 hours later, we all woke up to go to a frisbee tournament. it's been a very eventful weekend. but I guess I asked for it with all the whining about being bored!

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Aug 29th 2004, 10:46 pm

emmie wrote:well, I finally made it back to Savannah. it wasn't an easy ride, however. what was supposed to be a 5 1/2 hour trip, turned into a 9 hr trip! we were driving at night and my friend who was driving my car, hit a jagged rock the size of a human head. it blew out, not one, but two of my passenger side tires. and busted up one of rims. her husband and his friend were driving in another car. lucky for us that we both had a Jeep Cherokee. he had a normal sized spare and I had a donut. it was such a clown car!! we had to drive 55 m/hr, and it was 4am when we got to my house! my ankle, and my cats were not happy.

it's been a very eventful weekend. but I guess I asked for it with all the whining about being bored!
:shock:

Wow,

Emmie you have had an adventure. I am glad that you and your cats finally, finally got home.

-LanceMan

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

crosswalks

Post by emmie » Sep 11th 2004, 3:44 pm

I'm sorry, but I just have to have a little rant. downtown Savannah is very small and old. it's basically a tourist haven. but it's okay because you can literally walk everywhere. but the fall is hell because it's filled with tourists and incoming students to the art school. and drivers are so busy trying to find their street or understand how to drive in a square (because apparently it's really difficult....? :scratchinghead: ) that they seem to think that crosswalks don't really mean stop for pedestrians. I was almost run over twice on my walk home from work. and I live 3 blocks away! pedestrians have the right of way, especially when they are cripple! sheesh!! :evil: :furious:

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Sep 11th 2004, 6:33 pm

Hee, I just finished reading Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, so your post cracked me up! If it makes you feel any better, Berkeley is a tourist town year round. People do not know where the hell they are going and do not understand that those big white lines on the streets, the flashing lights, and the yellow sign with a stick man walking mean "STOP FOR PEDESTRIANS." I have lived here for three years and every single day I either see someone almost get run over or I am that person. And I am one of those freaks who is not a Berkeley native, which means that instead of just walking out into the street whenever and wherever I please, I wait until I have the right of way and the green light is blinking and chirping at me. You'd think that would be safe, but people refuse to give pedestrians the right of way. I have to cross the street once in the morning to get from the parking garage to campus, twice at lunch to get to downtown Berkeley, and once more in the evening to get from campus to the garage. That is a total of six intersections in one day. What are the odds that I would almost get run over at least once a day? Unfortunately, pretty high around here.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?