Claire & Jared in How to Make an American Quilt (1995)

Get updates and talk about new (or "pre-LIFE") projects of former "My So-Called Life" cast and crew members in this forum.
Angela_Catalano
Between Names

Claire & Jared in How to Make an American Quilt (1995)

Post by Angela_Catalano » Aug 25th 2004, 6:08 pm

Ive been reading about what films some of the charectors have been in after my so called life and I found that both Claire Danes and Jared Leto are in the movie "How to make an American Quilt".

Has anybody seen this movie? Can anybody tell me about it and what roles Claire and Jared play in it??

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Aug 25th 2004, 9:06 pm

Wow, I haven't seen that movie in years. I don't even really remember it. Wasn't Winona Ryder in that, too? I might just have to put it on my NetFlix list.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Aug 25th 2004, 9:35 pm

Yes, Winona is the star in this adaptation of the novel. Claire and Jared both have very small roles in a flashback sequence. Jared has a sex scene with a servant that works for Claire's family. I believe this movie was made during or just after the filming of MSCL. It's been years since I've seen it, but as I remember, it is a mediocre film. Not terrible, nothing that incredible either. I would think that there is already a mention of this movie somewhere else in this forum.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Aug 25th 2004, 9:47 pm

It's one of the few of Claire's movies that I don't own on DVD. I NEED that one, Little Women, Home for the Holidays, and Les Miserables to complete my collection. She doesn't have much screen-time in these movies, but I am a completest. Of course, she has some new movies coming out soon.

MMMMMM....Claire....
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

Angela_Catalano
Between Names

Post by Angela_Catalano » Aug 26th 2004, 6:29 pm

Thanks guys for letting me know! Im happy that they made it around the time that they made MSCL. It will be great to see this movie if I can find it anywhere.. (Its just so impossible to get some of their movies!)

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Aug 27th 2004, 9:29 am

Angela_Catalano wrote: (Its just so impossible to get some of their movies!)
As far as I know, all Claire Danes movies are available on DVD in the US, including "How to make an American Quilt". Even her smaller movies "I love you, I love you not" (which she shot in early 1995, even before MSCL was officially cancelled) and "Polish Wedding" are nowadays available at amazon.com for $10-$20.