Buffy the Vampire Slayer

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Aug 11th 2004, 10:17 am

grim4746 wrote:Season 1 or 5 are probably the years I most liked the Buffy character. Unlike most fans, I liked the later seasons better. Seasons 5 and 6 are probably my favourites. The increased roles for Spike and Anya are lagrely responsible for my preference.
More Anya is always a good thing :) :twisted:

I definitely enjoyed the earlier seasons better. I liked the school aspects of them (both HS and college). S6 just hasn't been that great IMO. There are moments that I like, but overall it isn't as good as the first or second IMO.

Buffy Somers I can't stand. Never have, never will. I don't know how much of it is my disdain for SMG...or is it just the character. She is somebody that if I knew in real life...I would hate her ;) The other characters I can relate to in one way or another (or drool over [hi Anya] atleast).

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Aug 11th 2004, 10:36 am

That reminds me, the actress that played Anya had a guest spot on Monk recently. She looked a little skinnier than usual but is still very easy on the eyes.

:D
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 20th 2004, 1:09 am

There is finally a release date for the S7 (R1) DVD - November 16! You can view the cover art here. The special features are all the same as the R2 release:

Commentary for "Lessons" by Joss Whedon and David Solomon
Commentary for "Selfless" by Drew Goddard and David Solomon
Commentary for "Conversations with Dead People" by Nick Marck, Jane Espenson, Drew Goddard, Danny Strong, and Tom Lenk
Commentary for "The Killer in Me" by David Solomon and Drew Z. Greenberg
Commentary for "Lies My Parents Told Me" by David Fury, Drew Goddard, James Marsters, and D.B. Woodside
Commmentary for "Dirty Girls" by Drew Goddard and Nicholas Brendon
Commentary for "Chosen" by Joss Whedon

Featurette - "Buffy: It's Always Been About the Fans"
Featurette - Season 7 Overview - "Buffy: Full Circle"
Featurette - "Buffy 101: Studying the Slayer"
Featurette - "Generation S"
Featurette - "The Last Sundown"

Outtakes Reel
Buffy Wraps
Easter Egg ("The Gift" montage)

Interestingly, tvshowsondvd is listing the "Willow Demon Guide" as a special feature. This was included in the R1 S5 set and the R2 S7 set, so I think this might be a teeny error.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Aug 21st 2004, 3:27 pm

candygirl wrote:There is finally a release date for the S7 (R1) DVD - November 16! You can view the cover art here. The special features are all the same as the R2 release:

Commentary for "Lessons" by Joss Whedon and David Solomon
Commentary for "Selfless" by Drew Goddard and David Solomon
Commentary for "Conversations with Dead People" by Nick Marck, Jane Espenson, Drew Goddard, Danny Strong, and Tom Lenk
Commentary for "The Killer in Me" by David Solomon and Drew Z. Greenberg
Commentary for "Lies My Parents Told Me" by David Fury, Drew Goddard, James Marsters, and D.B. Woodside
Commmentary for "Dirty Girls" by Drew Goddard and Nicholas Brendon
Commentary for "Chosen" by Joss Whedon

Featurette - "Buffy: It's Always Been About the Fans"
Featurette - Season 7 Overview - "Buffy: Full Circle"
Featurette - "Buffy 101: Studying the Slayer"
Featurette - "Generation S"
Featurette - "The Last Sundown"

Outtakes Reel
Buffy Wraps
Easter Egg ("The Gift" montage)

Interestingly, tvshowsondvd is listing the "Willow Demon Guide" as a special feature. This was included in the R1 S5 set and the R2 S7 set, so I think this might be a teeny error.
-Tremendous news, thanks Candygirl. As of this moment Buffy Season 7 is still not available for pre-order yet from Amazon.

:evil:

-LanceMan

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 22nd 2004, 10:02 pm

Hahaha, I have been meaning to post this for a few weeks - one of this month's TWoP Now or Never shirts is Buffy related.

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Aug 23rd 2004, 10:03 am

candygirl wrote:Hahaha, I have been meaning to post this for a few weeks - one of this month's TWoP Now or Never shirts is Buffy related.

Heh, I might have to pick that up. I like that shirt.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 24th 2004, 10:58 pm

When I saw that shirt, I wondered if I would be the coolest kid in school or the biggest dork ever.

:mrgreen:
lance wrote:I am not really pumped up about Buffy Season 7 on DVD. Although I recall Sascha saying that seeing all of the series in sequence was extremely watchable and enjoying. Kinda helps not to have 6 weeks of reruns interupting whatever storyline or plot thread Joss & crew were trying to lay out.

I remain hopeful, but wary.
As someone at another forum put it, "They can make me buy it, but they can't make me watch it!"

:lol:

I agree that watching the episodes in rapid succession helps. I remember disliking S4, but when I watched the whole season within a few days it seemed a lot more cohesive and enjoyable. Even S6 didn't seem quite as bad as I remembered it. It definitely helps not having one episode, three weeks off, another new episode, then another four weeks of reruns. I figure that I disliked S7 enough that it's not likely anything could make me like it any less, so watching it again in a marathon session might make it seem a little less...yuk. Then again, I may begin throwing things at my tv and sobbing uncontrollably.

:wink:

My OCD compells me to buy it. I must complete the collection, even if the only time I watch S7 (after my initial mini-marathon) will be during subsequent Buffy/Angel marathons.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Aug 24th 2004, 11:05 pm

candygirl wrote: I agree that watching the episodes in rapid succession helps. I remember disliking S4, but when I watched the whole season within a few days it seemed a lot more cohesive and enjoyable. Even S6 didn't seem quite as bad as I remembered it. It definitely helps not having one episode, three weeks off, another new episode, then another four weeks of reruns. I figure that I disliked S7 enough that it's not likely anything could make me like it any less, so watching it again in a marathon session might make it seem a little less...yuk. Then again, I may begin throwing things at my tv and sobbing uncontrollably.

:rofl:

(Deep sigh) Yeah, I am keeping my fingers crossed that it was the fault of reruns. Yes, that's the ticket.

-LanceMan

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 24th 2004, 11:14 pm

Yes, I'm sure that watching the episodes back to back will somehow erase the insane troll logic and the SiTs. Here's hoping anyway.

:lol:

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Aug 24th 2004, 11:53 pm

yeah, I'm also hoping that watching season 7 in a marathon style way will make it better. that's the only season that I taped and I didn't rewatch. I don't know, the episodes with prospective slayers just seemed to run together. :(

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 25th 2004, 12:04 am

emmie wrote:the episodes with prospective slayers just seemed to run together. :(
ITA - although it might have been me screaming "SHUT UP!" that was the common thread during those eps.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Sep 7th 2004, 3:26 am

You can now view the cover art for the next set of the Slayer Collection DVDs featuring Xander, Cordelia, and Dawn. No cover art is available for the Giles DVD, nor are there any details on which episodes were selected for each character. The Fox site lists the R2 release date for these discs as November 1.

sarahr_81
Overlooked Sibling

Post by sarahr_81 » Sep 10th 2004, 6:30 pm

i cant wait for season 7 to come out here in canada, i have the first six, so i cant wait to add it to my collection.

frozen embryos
Nicky Driscoll

Post by frozen embryos » Sep 18th 2004, 12:09 am

i only have one and six, gonna be a while before i have all the box sets :cry:

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Sep 18th 2004, 2:45 pm

frozen embryos wrote:i only have one and six, gonna be a while before i have all the box sets :cry:
well, the only reason I have all of them, is because amazon has them at a great price if you preorder them. so I always bought them early.