Moving

If you want to share some events in your life or thoughts about life in general with other MSCL fans or if you just want post a rant to let some steam off - this is the place.
Forum Newbies: Please introduce yourself here!
lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

trip

Post by lance » Aug 21st 2004, 3:16 pm

At long last, here are pictures of my move from Cincinnati to Las Vegas:

http://www.lanceland.net/my_big_trip.htm

-LanceMan

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Aug 22nd 2004, 9:15 pm

Good pics, Lance. I also liked the sunset in your other gallery. I was driving through the desert outside Vegas with a camera a few years back but I squandered the film during the day. Sure enough there was an amazing sunset that evening, and me with no pics to show for it.

:oops: :roll:
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Aug 22nd 2004, 9:49 pm

Loved seeing your pictures Lance! How many hours a day did you spend driving? Hope you're surviving the heat and enjoying Las Vegas!
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Aug 23rd 2004, 4:43 am

Excellent!
Utah is surprisingly beautiful - it's not a state that I'd ever thought of in that way.

got any pictures of your new pad?

:)

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 23rd 2004, 4:58 am

Whenever people tell me they are all moved in, I think of that line "I kinda like it in my brand new place" from "You Were Meant for Me."

:lol:

An interesting note: the guy who co-wrote that song played the music for Jewel, who liked it. She then asked if he'd written any lyrics yet and he started singing a song about getting drunk and she said, "Uh, let me write some new words for the song." The rest is history.

:mrgreen:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Aug 23rd 2004, 11:16 am

Thanks for the pictures Lance. Utah is very pretty, especially Canyon Lands and Bryce Canyon.

On a Jewel side note. I saw her alone at an acoustic show this spring. Her voice is amazing, and she's funny too. I have BIG crush. :oops: :rnj:
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 23rd 2004, 2:26 pm

I love her voice and she puts on an amazing show, which is why her albums have been so disappointing to me - they really do not compare to hearing her sing live. I am biased though - I remember seeing her play in tiny coffeehouses. Have you discovered the wonderful world of Jewel bootlegs? They are totally legit since she has said multiple times that she approves of fans taping her shows, but I am not one of those crazy fans who has a copy of every live show she has ever done.
Last edited by Natasha (candygirl) on Aug 24th 2004, 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Megs
Lifehead

Re: trip

Post by Megs » Aug 23rd 2004, 10:44 pm

lance wrote:At long last, here are pictures of my move from Cincinnati to Las Vegas:

-LanceMan
Great pics, Lance!
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Aug 24th 2004, 5:24 am

I'm a huge Jewel fan.

http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Re: trip

Post by Sascha » Aug 24th 2004, 8:48 am

lance wrote:At long last, here are pictures of my move from Cincinnati to Las Vegas:

Cool pictures, Lance! Especially the canyon shots are beautiful. Damn, I should really save some money (and holidays) to make a trip to the US and visit places like that one in Utah.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Aug 24th 2004, 10:39 pm

Thanks all.

I am glad that you liked the pictures. I will try to add more images to my Vegas gallery as time goes on. We are seriously spoiled by absolutely stunning sunsets here. Pictures of my new room may also be forthcoming.

As to my driving time out here. It broke down something like this:
Day One was four hours. Day Two, was 8 hours. Day Three was between 8 and 9. Day Four was like 12. Keeping in mind that my laden car's performance dropped as the altitude rose to 11,000 feet and I lost about an hour and half to altitude sickness. Day Five was very short maybe 5 hours.

As I work I am slowly learning the lay of the land. Vegas is blessed with many streets that will literally take you all the way across the valley. Most of the locals here highly recommend the side streets as the main interstates, I-15, 215 and 95 are parking lots between 7 and 9 am and 3 and 5 pm PDT.

On the side note, IMHO there is nothing wrong with having a crush on Jewel. As to her music, I like but I am not a huge fan.

-LanceMan

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Aug 31st 2004, 9:12 pm

I too will be moving tomorrow. Not going far, just across town. Renting a room from a friend of a friend kind of thing. Got thrown out of my last residence. May need your prayers... :? ...not sure yet. All I know is moving sucks!
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Aug 31st 2004, 9:21 pm

K-man wrote:I too will be moving tomorrow. Not going far, just across town. Renting a room from a friend of a friend kind of thing. Got thrown out of my last residence. May need your prayers... :? ...not sure yet. All I know is moving sucks!
Good Luck K-Man.

I will be praying for a smooth, short and uneventful move for you.

:D

-LanceMan

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Sep 1st 2004, 10:55 am

I highly recommend renting a truck. The last 3 times I've moved I rented a Uhaul and it was night and day compared to the previous times.

Good luck K-man.
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Sep 2nd 2004, 9:49 pm

Nothingman wrote:I highly recommend renting a truck. The last 3 times I've moved I rented a Uhaul and it was night and day compared to the previous times.

Good luck K-man.
Very true, but ohh the gas bill for filling and re-filling one of those puppies.

(Shudder)

-LanceMan