What movies are you looking forward to?

This is the place to discuss new and old movies or DVD releases of movies. You can also create topics about your favorite actor/actress.
Please post topics related to new productions of the MSCL cast and crew into the "Afterlife" forum.
Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Jul 19th 2004, 2:09 pm

fnordboy wrote:
Megs wrote:I saw The Notebook (I read the book), Anchorman, and I, Robot within the last week. I enjoyed them all. I wasn't sure if I would like I, Robot, but it was entertaining. I am looking forward to The Bourne Supremacy and The Village.
I would be more interested in I, Robot if it wasn't for Will Smith. I really can't stand him. Plus from the commercials I have seen the effects just look cheesy. Maybe on the big screen they work better, but just didn't do anything for me otherwise. I will eventually see it just because I am an Alex Proyas fan. Dark City is one of my favorite movies, and The Crow was decent too.

Bourne Supremacy I have no desire to see whatsoever.
The special effects looked better on the big screen than on TV. I think this is a movie that won't translate well onto the small screen, so I would recommend seeing it in the theaters. You know, IMH (and girly!) opinion and all. :lol:
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Re: movies

Post by lance » Jul 27th 2004, 8:00 pm

Jody Barsch* wrote:
lance wrote:twizzlers, all the basics were covered.
:D That made me smile!
Very glad to hear it.

:D

-LanceMan

Post by Guest » Jul 27th 2004, 10:28 pm

I would be more interested in I, Robot if it wasn't for Will Smith.
Hee. The only reason I saw 'I, Robot' was because of Will Smith! It wasn't that great, but it was a lot better than I thought it was going to be.

Loz_179
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Loz_179 » Jul 27th 2004, 10:32 pm

Crud. That last post was me. Maybe I should take that as a sign that I really shouldn't openly admit to my Will Smith love.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jul 27th 2004, 10:47 pm

Loz_179 wrote:Crud. That last post was me. Maybe I should take that as a sign that I really shouldn't openly admit to my Will Smith love.
I'll try not to hold it against you ;) :P

Post by Guest » Jul 30th 2004, 3:44 am

ooooh....i can't wait to see Garden State. It is the only movie that I am looking foreward to this year.

Kappster (too lazy to sign in)

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Jul 30th 2004, 4:24 am

I am very excited for Garden State too! It looks like it will be a wonderful film (in addition to the fact that I'll see anything with Natalie Portman)! When does it open?
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Aug 11th 2004, 10:55 am

Nostradamus wrote:The remake of The Manchurian Candidate should be out soon. Ought to be good, but I don't know if they can top the original.
Saw it yesterday; they didn't.

:?

It did have good casting, intense visual/sound play, and of course updated cultural references. It just didn't have enough cohesion, and lacked the sharp satiric edge of the original.

A little off-topic, but they are really pushing the new Friends spinoff Joey, with a substantial (in length, not acting quality) preview mixed in with the movie trailers and soda ads.

:roll:
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Aug 12th 2004, 8:46 am

Suspect Zero is interesting, if only to see how they handle the remote viewing, but I may wait for it on dvd or cable.
-- Clarence Darrow

-- Mark Twain

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Aug 12th 2004, 10:49 am

I am somewhat interested in seeing The Saw. A coworker showed me the trailer and while it looks like it will be kind of crappy (in your typical Hollywood way) it still might be visually interesting.

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Aug 13th 2004, 11:40 am

I just checked out the trailers for Alien vs Predator on the web, and I'm a little more intrigued now than I was. It looks at the very least entertaining.
The only thing is the tag line: 'whoever wins, we lose.' Where's the human interest in the plot? There are plenty of human actors, and I'm wondering how they're going to conjour up enough of a feeling of actual caring in the audience. it feels like they've concluded the story before we've even started.

I think it opens today in theatres in the US. I'd be interested in anyone's views if they see it.

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Aug 14th 2004, 11:17 am

starbug wrote:I just checked out the trailers for Alien vs Predator on the web, and I'm a little more intrigued now than I was. It looks at the very least entertaining.
The only thing is the tag line: 'whoever wins, we lose.' Where's the human interest in the plot? There are plenty of human actors, and I'm wondering how they're going to conjour up enough of a feeling of actual caring in the audience. it feels like they've concluded the story before we've even started.

I think it opens today in theatres in the US. I'd be interested in anyone's views if they see it.
I think (no, I know) my husband will make me see this sometime this weekend, so I will let you know how it is. :)
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Aug 16th 2004, 11:44 pm

Megs wrote:I think (no, I know) my husband will make me see this sometime this weekend, so I will let you know how it is. :)
The same thing happened with some married friends of mine. He had read the books and thought the movie was a poor substitute; she just went along to get out and claimed it was better than she expected. So maybe it won't be half bad for you, Megs, though your husband may be in for a letdown.

:-P
-- Clarence Darrow

-- Mark Twain

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Aug 16th 2004, 11:54 pm

Anybody seen Garden State yet? I keep meaning to go out to see it in Century City or Santa Monica where it's playing, but haven't gotten around to it yet.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 16th 2004, 11:58 pm

Nostradamus wrote:The same thing happened with some married friends of mine. He had read the books and thought the movie was a poor substitute; she just went along to get out and claimed it was better than she expected.
Ahhh, the old movie vs. book debate. If possible, I prefer to watch the movie then read the book - that way, the book seems like an upgrade. Most books have to be edited which means if I read the book before seeing the movie, I am usually disappointed in what was changed or left out. In some cases, like the Firm, I spend most of the movie yelling at the screen (thankfully we rented it so we were watching it at home).

:lol:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?