Your proudest moments of MSCL Characters

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.

Post by Guest » Jul 15th 2004, 4:23 pm

Jody Barsch* wrote:
Megs wrote:I always liked when Rayanne approached Jordan after he ignored Angela at the club where Buffalo Tom was playing. "Cuz you know, she's worth it. And she's not going to wait around for you forever."
That's an awesome one! Everything about that scene is killer!

:oops: I forgot that!

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Jul 19th 2004, 1:48 am

there are many moments that Angela makes me proud. one of the earliest is when Jordan attacks her in his car, and she pushes him off. it would be difficult to tell someone you have a crush on to slow down.

I'm also proud of her when she tells Ricki in the rumor episode that he is not just Rayanne's friend and she hugs him.

another proud Angela moment is during her breakup with Jordan at the end of "Pressure." when he's at her house and saying goodbye, she doesn't whine and try to get him back. she accepts that they aren't ready for each other.

Rayanne also has several proud moments because she tends to take the protective older sister role for both Ricki and Angela. but I'm most proud of her in the episode "Betrayl." she really grows up in this ep. she realizes that she royally screwed up and has to deal with the consequences.

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Jul 19th 2004, 9:53 am

emmie wrote:another proud Angela moment is during her breakup with Jordan at the end of "Pressure." when he's at her house and saying goodbye
I've always been proud of Jordan in that scene when he says "see you tomorrow" -- he doesn't know how to make this dating relationship work, but he clearly knows he's not cutting her out of his life
emmie wrote:but I'm most proud of her in the episode "Betrayl."
I think you've got guts in saying that Emmie because it seems like a lot of people are really sensative about that episode and can't see anything in it to be proud of Rayanne about, but I kind of think I'm with you on this, at least in the sense that she's not self-rightously defendng her actions, and in this episode we at least catch a glimpse of Rayanne's motives -- what she in fact is looking for. (Although we do see little glimpses of that in earlier episodes too -- maybe the most important is her conversation with Sharon and confiding to her that sometimes she feels numb, and then again much later in the series in "Weekend" when she tells Danielle that she feels this need to keep her life moving.) I guess what I'm saying is that although Rayanne does have a very warm and protective heart, she does at times exhibit destructively selfish behaviors, which, she is able to recognize and identify within herself, I think that is not insignificant about her character.
Last edited by Jody Barsch* on Aug 9th 2004, 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Switchfoot's gal 101
Tino

Post by Switchfoot's gal 101 » Jul 21st 2004, 9:52 pm

I always liked when Rayanne approached Jordan after he ignored Angela at the club where Buffalo Tom was playing. "Cuz you know, she's worth it. And she's not going to wait around for you forever."

YEAH!!!! that scene is so KICK@$$!! I love how rayanne sticks up for angela and tells jordan off! GOO RAYANNE . . .WOO HOO!
Angela (in her head): Field trips are so intense. It's like everybody's been let out of their cages, or something. And we're all roaming around...loose.
"You're so beautiful, It HURTS to look at you"

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Jul 22nd 2004, 9:52 am

In The Substitute when Angela goes to Vic's place to confront him about quitting and leaving his family. Especially when he tells her to drop out of school and she answers:
It's Angela. And I have to say, I don't think leaving high
school is the answer. I don't think leaving anything is. The
thing is-is I kind of admired you.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

kandykiss19
Tino

Re: ...

Post by kandykiss19 » Aug 9th 2004, 5:33 pm

Jody Barsch* wrote:
kandykiss19 wrote:i think Angela is at her proudest in 'self esteem' at the end when Jordan comes up to her and they are walking and he grabs onto her hand! I love that scene soo much!
But are you proud of Jordan or Angela at that moment? Or do you just suspect that Angela is proud of herself?
Ya that scene is oozing with pride!! i was proud of Jordan for doing what he felt and letting everybody know he was with Angela. And i think Angela was proud too because she was trying to proove to Sharon and Rayanne before about how they were together, but it didnt happen at pike street, it happened in the hallway.
Well, either sex or a conversation, ideally both.

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Re: ...

Post by Jody Barsch* » Aug 9th 2004, 7:55 pm

kandykiss19 wrote:
Jody Barsch* wrote:
kandykiss19 wrote:i think Angela is at her proudest in 'self esteem' at the end when Jordan comes up to her and they are walking and he grabs onto her hand! I love that scene soo much!
But are you proud of Jordan or Angela at that moment? Or do you just suspect that Angela is proud of herself?
Ya that scene is oozing with pride!! i was proud of Jordan for doing what he felt and letting everybody know he was with Angela. And i think Angela was proud too because she was trying to proove to Sharon and Rayanne before about how they were together, but it didnt happen at pike street, it happened in the hallway.
Jordan does decide to actually approach Angela and to actively pursue somekind of a relationship, but not without a final go ahead from his friends. It is, possibly, a big step for Jordan (we actually don't know enough about his past relationships to really say this for sure), but he is still acting based on his friends' opinions. (This idea is discussed in more detail here): http://www.mscl.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... r&start=15

Again you are saying "Angela was proud too"...
Yes, I agree that she is proud, or at least happy and satisfied. But are YOU especially proud of her in this scene, and why? Has she done something to merrit it? In the scene before this, in the boiler room, she draws the line with Jordan as she comes to realize that she has been allowing him to use her; I think we should all be proud of her there. As Emmie said in reference to their first kisses, "it would be difficult to tell someone you have a crush on to slow down," or, for that matter, to give them an ultimatum such as "you can't like, treat me one way in front of your friends and the next minute leave me some note".
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Erro Etminuo
Frozen Embryo

My proudest MSCL moment

Post by Erro Etminuo » Aug 11th 2004, 2:02 am

At the end of "Self-Esteem" when Jordan takes Angela's hand as they walk down the hall, Buffalo Tom song in the background, everyone is looking-on. I still get all choked-up over that scene every single time. :cry:
"Whatever your heart clings to and confides in, that is really your God." Martin Luther 1483-1546

emma14
Tino

Post by emma14 » Aug 15th 2004, 1:21 am

I have alot of PROUD moments but here are only a few...

At the end of "Self-Esteem" when Jordan and Angela walk through the hall holding hands.SO SWEET! :lol:

The kiss between angela and Jordan in"Why Jordan Can''t read".Very good kiss!

The kiss between Anglea and Jordan at the end of "Pressure".Even though they break up..i thought it was cool how Jordan finally excepted that maybe Angela wasn't ready.

At the end of "In dreams begin responcibilities"when Jordan tells patti how he feels about Angela.SWEEET...if only he could have told Angela that before the series ended.very disappointed. :(

Well,i have alot more but there are so many and it would take a while to write.Call me lazy... 8)
It's like...you think you're safe, or something. 'Cause you can just...walk away anytime. Because you don't, like, need her. You don't need anyone. But the thing you didn't realize is...you're wrong.

Angela_Catalano
Between Names

Post by Angela_Catalano » Aug 15th 2004, 10:33 pm

My proudest moments in My So-called Life!!!

Im very proud of Jordan, basicly because he grew so much over all 19 episodes. I love when they first kiss, when he grabs Angela's hand at the end of Self-esteem, also going to meet Patty in the last episode and that he was getting tutored!

There are many moments that Im proud of all the charectors, I just think that Jordan made the most progress!

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Sep 11th 2004, 7:32 pm

I just watched Betrayl and have to say that I'm actually proud of Patty for a couple of scenes. as a character, she's most likely my least favorite. but I was watching the scene when Rayanned comes to the house and Patty actually gives her respect and an ear. she's so kind and understanding, and doesn't say a lot. very unlike Patty! and then later when Camille asks her why Angela and Rayanne aren't talking, Patty doesn't tell her what happened. that's very thoughtful of her. especially when Camille is her best friend and they usually have no problem discussing their girls' problems. of course, we later find out that Patty slept with a boy that Camille was interested in, so maybe that figures in. but still, I think Patty was very low stress this episode and for the most part, easier to take than usual.

MyLifeIsBrians
Yearbook Team

Post by MyLifeIsBrians » Sep 15th 2004, 2:57 am

My proudest moment is off Angela dancing around her room because she`s finally over Jordan. I love that scene.
There`s Something About My Life....

sarahr_81
Overlooked Sibling

Post by sarahr_81 » Sep 16th 2004, 3:12 pm

I always liked when Rayanne approached Jordan after he ignored Angela at the club where Buffalo Tom was playing. "Cuz you know, she's worth it. And she's not going to wait around for you forever."
i loved that scene as well, it made me think, ok, rayanne is a really true friend to angela.