True Fans: Love Catalano

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
Angela_Catalano
Between Names

True Fans: Love Catalano

Post by Angela_Catalano » Aug 10th 2004, 1:44 pm

Im new to this site and I really really love My So-called Life!!!

I have been reading through the topics and posts Today and yesturday!

Yesturday I found some that were really just kind of messed up! Im not sure what the topic was or who posted them!

Some people just really hate Jordan Catalano! They said so many mean and untrue things, it just kind of bugged me!! How can anyone claim to love this show and hate a charector on it so terribly??

In my opinion I think Jordan is one of the charectors that makes this show so GREAT!! He is soooo Funny, Gorgeous, and him and Angela just have so much chemistry!

Also I like everyone on this show, this show was very well cast. I wouldnt change a thing! :D

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Re: True Fans: Love Catalano

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 10th 2004, 3:58 pm

Angela_Catalano wrote:Some people just really hate Jordan Catalano! They said so many mean and untrue things, it just kind of bugged me!! How can anyone claim to love this show and hate a charector on it so terribly??
Quite easily. For example, I love the show Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but I am not fond of the title character. Everyone is entitled to express their opinions here at the MSCL.com forum, and no one is more right or wrong. For example, there are people who would disagree with what you said:
In my opinion I think Jordan is one of the charectors that makes this show so GREAT!! He is soooo Funny, Gorgeous, and him and Angela just have so much chemistry!
Just as I'm sure you wouldn't want anyone criticizing you for your opinions about Jordan, please be considerate of what other people think, even if they disagree with you. After all, we wouldn't have very interesting discussions here if everyone agreed 100% about everything!

In addition, don't take disagreement personally. We are talking about fictional characters on a television show - a person who has a different opinion is not saying that they dislike you, just that they have a different interpretation.

Lastly, although there are people who think Brian is better suited for Angela or did not like the way Jordan treated Angela, that doesn't mean all of these people HATE Jordan. Some of them simply believe that he was not the right person for Angela, could have been more considerate, etc. Very few people here actually harbor hatred for Jordan - and for those who do, they are more than welcome to express their opinions since this is the MSCL.com forum, not the I Love Jordan Catalano forum (although I do like those shirts!). Don't get me wrong - when I originally watched the show, I loved Jordan Catalano with the passion of a thousand burning flames, but the forum is open to Brian fans as well as Jordan fans - we are here for all MSCL fans!

:mrgreen:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Angela_Catalano
Between Names

Post by Angela_Catalano » Aug 10th 2004, 4:22 pm

I agree with what you are saying! Maybe I was a bit wrong with what I said. I am more of a Jordan fan, than a Brian fan, But I do also love the Brian charector. The show just wouldnt be complete with out him!

Everybody has their own opinions, I just wanted to state mine. I couldnt find where someone wrote all that stuff on Jordan, so that I could reply to it, so I just started a new topic.

I just think if I really didnt like one of the charectors that well, then I might not love the show as much as I do.

I agree there wouldnt be much to talk about if everyone had the same opinion.

Thanks for replying!!

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 10th 2004, 4:39 pm

Angela_Catalano wrote:I just think if I really didnt like one of the charectors that well, then I might not love the show as much as I do.
For some people, the characters that they love to hate are just as compelling as the characters they identify with (for example, the villains on soap operas!). Like I said, I really loved Buffy the show, but I really disliked Buffy the character. The longer the show went on, the more I disliked her. I still think that it was one of the best shows on tv, but I see what you are saying. If I had been able to identify with her character more, I might have liked the show even more than I did, but I don't think it's necessary to love every character in order to love a show.

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

Angela_Catalano
Between Names

Post by Angela_Catalano » Aug 10th 2004, 4:51 pm

Yeah you got what I was saying!
Thats kind of what I mean, I totally think that Jordan treated Angela really bad in Pressure at the end, but that was just part of the Role he was playing as Jordan. I still love the charector, even when I hate what he has done! That even if you dont like some of the things they did on the show, that you still do like the charector of Jordan!

The soap opera thing.... I completly agree!! I love the bad guys, things just wouldnt be interesting with out them!

I never seen buffy :?

slimeball
Tino

Post by slimeball » Aug 10th 2004, 5:03 pm

Angela_Catalano wrote: I never seen buffy :?
You aren't missing anything. Sorry, CG. :wink:

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 10th 2004, 5:14 pm

:shocked!:

:bawling:

:whoohoo:

grim4746
Krakow

Post by grim4746 » Aug 10th 2004, 10:17 pm

I'm not a Jordan fan. I think he's a bit of a pig. He does have some great qualities and some largely redeeming moments but in a lot of ways I don't like him. I do however love what the character brings to the show and would not want to see a version of MSCL without JC. Although I did like that there were episodes with little to no Catalano. That's mainly because he could often overshadow other characters and it was nice for the others to have a more central role sometimes. He was pretty crappy to Angela most of the time so it was great when he'd interact with other characters and show a better side of himself. His brief moments with Rickie did wonders for his image IMO. And having Brian tutor him was a fantastic idea. His scene with Patty in In Dreams...can make me forget about all the jerky things he's done. But that fades a few days after watching the episode. it's all well and good that he didn't realize he needed her but he really should have realized that whether he needed her or not he shouldn't behave like a jackass.

candygirl I had no idea you didn't like Buffy Somers! I can totally see why. I just hadn't picked up on that before. ITA she got worse as the series progressed.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 11th 2004, 1:55 am

The first season, I was sympathetic to Buffy's situation due to all the responsiblity being thrust upon her so suddenly, but I still found her annoying. There was a brief window during the end of S2 when I liked her, and then the moment was over. The longer the series went on, the more self-righteous and annoying she became to me. Sometimes it was justified, but by S6-7 I spent a lot of time rolling my eyes at her. I still loved the show though!

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Aug 11th 2004, 11:54 am

Recap of today's episode of As All My So-Called Children Turn:

Corey suddenly awakens from his coma, but not before a despondant Rickie runs away to the circus. Angela and Sharon insult and slap each other, then fall into a swimming pool after pulling hair. Patty has a steamy encounter with her old high-school flame, while Graham helps Hallie piece together her missing memory. Jordan proposes marriage to Rayanne, but she claims he is not the father of her child; Kyle is. In the final act, Tino discovers Neil is his long-lost father.

:ironing:
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

Post by Guest » Aug 12th 2004, 4:35 pm

candygirl wrote:The first season, I was sympathetic to Buffy's situation due to all the responsiblity being thrust upon her so suddenly, but I still found her annoying. There was a brief window during the end of S2 when I liked her, and then the moment was over. The longer the series went on, the more self-righteous and annoying she became to me. Sometimes it was justified, but by S6-7 I spent a lot of time rolling my eyes at her. I still loved the show though!

What's up with her nose?!

Post by Guest » Aug 15th 2004, 1:55 pm

I totally agree with Angela_Catalano(great name by the way)I hate the way people talk about him.He's not a jerk and he is not stupid.So what,he has trouble expressing himself toward angela(which is hard for any guy).And just because he has trouble reading doesn't mean he is stupid.I personally love Jordan.
What is with everyone saying brian is the one for angela?I dont like brian and probably never will.he is so annoying!But i do think everyone is entitled to their own opinion,but this is mine. :roll: :oops:

Angela_Catalano
Between Names

Post by Angela_Catalano » Aug 15th 2004, 9:46 pm

Hey! Thanks for agreeing with me! I totally love Jordan on the show and I dont know why people would want her to choose Brian, He is not Angela's type at all!! But Im not really annoyed with his charector. I like him on the show, just not as Angela's love interest.. ( just my opinion)

*Whats up with everyone talking about Buffy?? This is the My so-called life website!!!* LOL :D

*Guest* Are you joining this site??

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 15th 2004, 11:52 pm

I was simply using Buffy as an example, but you will find that there are a lot of BtVS fans here at this site as well.