(I heart) The OC

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 30th 2003, 2:47 pm

Sandy's wife's name is Kirsten. I agree - great scene.

Man, I have been waiting WEEKS to hear the "Tijuana" line - I was cracking up when they showed it in the previews during the last episode before the baseball playoffs.

My boyfriend totally called that Ryan would remind Jimmy's wife that she's from Riverside - ha!
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Loz_179
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Loz_179 » Jan 22nd 2004, 2:33 am

I've been reading about the OC on this forum for a few months and have been dying for it to start here, and finally sometime in Dec they startd showing ads of the "coming soon" type, since Dec to Feb is non-ratings period here. Then we got 3 episodes over 2 weeks and then nothing! The network started showing repeats of CSI in that time slot!
Anywho, just had to vent. I'm so sick of the stupid Bachelor, what are they up to now, Bachelor 5 or 6 - they're all the same! Was really looking forward to a new show... Sick of CSI too.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 22nd 2004, 3:56 am

If it makes you feel any better, we had six weeks of the OC to kick off the series, then we had to wait six more weeks for new episodes. On the plus side, we then got seven whole episodes in a row. Then we had a three week dearth over the holidays. We just had a spate of three new episodes (the last of which was tonight) and now we have to wait three more weeks for new episodes again. I read online that this season will have 27 episodes though so woo hoo!

:mrgreen:

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Mar 1st 2004, 8:05 pm

Info from tvshowsondvd:
Last October we brought to you the no-bones-about-it report that The O.C. was coming to DVD in 2004:
Warner also indicated that two new hit series--the youth drama The O.C., which it produces for the Fox network, and prime-time soap Nip/Tuck, which it produces for cable's FX--will soon come to DVD as well. No (release) dates were offered.
Since Nip/Tuck news was posted by us last Thursday, we naturally called Warner Home Video on Friday and asked "What's going on with The O.C.?"

We were told that they are working on it, and that it'll be out before the end of the year. No other release information was given to us by Warner, but it's probably a safe bet to expect that it arrives before the 2nd season starts airing...it's a natural tie-in.

But wait! There's more! Thanks to readers like Paul Hillsdon and Peter Edfelt who wrote in, we can pass on to you that a company called Neuron Syndicate has let the cat out of the bag for even more information than that!

Neuron is getting a lot of attention this weekend, because they are the ones who designed the box covers for The Alien Quadrilogy, and have now been rumored to be designing the boxes for the forthcoming Star Wars Trilogy DVDs that were announced in early February.

But they've also been commissioned to design the covers for The O.C. - Season 1 box set! So, if their servers aren't overloaded with Star Wars fans trying to find a hint of info about their release (some images of possible SW designs were posted the other day, but were taken down very quickly), you can go to Neuron's official site and read the news about The O.C. for yourself. The site is Macromedia Flash-based, so there's no way to jump directly to the desired page. But if you click on "enter site", and then on "News" at the right end of the menu below the main graphic, you'll see The O.C. nestled in the middle of the news list.

In case you don't have excellent vision, here's the text of that graphic:
In the following weeks Neuron Syndicate will commence designing "The OC" Season One DVD release for Warner Bros. Home Entertainment. With season two already in production, solid viewer ratings, and the beginning of a cult-like following, the studio will include all 27 episodes in one six disc collection. The drama series, which debuted August 2003, premiered to 7.5 million viewers. OC has shown tremendous growth has earned the credit "addictive" from TV Guide's Matt Roush.
So this looks like a 6-DVD set with 27 first-season episodes on it (7 of which haven't even aired yet!), probably hitting around the late summer/early fall timeframe. Sounds like a plan to us! Stay tuned, because we'll have more for you about the first DVD release of this hot prime-time soap opera, just as soon as Warner releases the details.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 6th 2004, 10:03 pm

From tvshowsondvd:
The MusicFromTheOC website, which is there to support the recently released soundtrack album CD for the show, has a FAQ area which helps us DVD-lovers out by narrowing down the release timeframe for The O.C. - Season 1.

As you may recall, we posted this newsabout a month ago that narrowed it down to a "late summer/early fall timeframe". Now the FAQ at the music CD website narrows it down even further:
Q: When is the DVD coming out?
A: The DVD's of Season 1 will be released in October 2004.
...And that's all it says so far! That means we're probably still about 3 months away from getting all the details about this one, but stay tuned to TVShowsOnDVD, because we'll be updating you on whatever hard info we can dig up. In the meantime, we would like to thank readers Francis Fernandez and Daniel Ben-Zvi for their notes pointing us toward this web page.

Loz_179
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Loz_179 » Aug 10th 2004, 1:36 am

Just wanted to say that they finally re-started showing the OC on another network here in Oz, and now I think we're up to about episode 6, and I'm LOVING it!
Thank you Candygirl for your above support during that difficult time...

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 10th 2004, 1:57 am

Anything I can do to help!

I thought I had posted about the R1 DVD release, but I see that I forgot to do that!

:oops:

Better late than never, right?

From tvshowsondvd:
Warner Bros Home Video has announced that they are bringing Fox's #1 new series to DVD on October 26th, which is when we expected to see the set released. The set is timed to be released just before the second season premiere on November 4th.

All 27 episodes will be released on this 7 disc set (1188 mins), with a ton of extras. Look for the set to contain:

Additional Scenes With introductions by creator Josh Schwartz.
Audio Commentary on the pilot episode by Creator Josh Schwartz and Producer Stephanie Savage.
DVD ROM Features
Easter Eggs : On three episodes.
Three Featurettes - Casting the OC, The Music of the OC and The Real OC featuring behind-the-scenes footage and cast & crew interviews.
The Music Of The O.C. - an screen music guide for six episodes.

All this for the suggested price of $69.98 US. We can expect the DVD to contain a 1.33:1 image, along with an English stereo audio track and English, French and Spanish subtitles. Please Note: I called the production office and asked about the aspect ratio and was told that season 1 should be full frame, while season 2 will be finished for widescreen. It sounds like 1.33:1 is the proper aspect ratio for the first season, and is how the DVDs should be released.
You can view the cover art here.

Angela_Catalano
Between Names

Post by Angela_Catalano » Aug 29th 2004, 11:58 pm

I really like the "OC"! One of my favorite shows. I didnt watch it when it was on in the summer. I picked it up when it started after the first 7 episodes. I immdiatly liked it though. I wanted to see Mischa Barton in another role, so it was great! I ended buying some REALLY BAD quality Dvds on ebay to see the first 7 episodes. Even though it was bad quality I got to see how they got to where they are now.

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Aug 30th 2004, 10:33 pm

candygirl wrote:Anything I can do to help!

I thought I had posted about the R1 DVD release, but I see that I forgot to do that!

:oops:

Better late than never, right?

From tvshowsondvd:
Warner Bros Home Video has announced that they are bringing Fox's #1 new series to DVD on October 26th, which is when we expected to see the set released. The set is timed to be released just before the second season premiere on November 4th.

All 27 episodes will be released on this 7 disc set (1188 mins), with a ton of extras. Look for the set to contain:

Additional Scenes With introductions by creator Josh Schwartz.
Audio Commentary on the pilot episode by Creator Josh Schwartz and Producer Stephanie Savage.
DVD ROM Features
Easter Eggs : On three episodes.
Three Featurettes - Casting the OC, The Music of the OC and The Real OC featuring behind-the-scenes footage and cast & crew interviews.
The Music Of The O.C. - an screen music guide for six episodes.

All this for the suggested price of $69.98 US. We can expect the DVD to contain a 1.33:1 image, along with an English stereo audio track and English, French and Spanish subtitles. Please Note: I called the production office and asked about the aspect ratio and was told that season 1 should be full frame, while season 2 will be finished for widescreen. It sounds like 1.33:1 is the proper aspect ratio for the first season, and is how the DVDs should be released.
You can view the cover art here.
Sweet. :D
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

MyLifeIsBrians
Yearbook Team

Re: I hate THE OC

Post by MyLifeIsBrians » Aug 30th 2004, 11:39 pm

heater_05 wrote:For all you out there watching The OC, please stop. I am from The so-called OC. Let me just say, it does not represent. Please tell me that everyone who watches this does not think that this is what Orange County is like. I grew up there, and I have caught a few episdoes. It is very surreal for me to watch it, they name all these place I have been to, which is very strange. Though my teenage years were nothing like this show. I never went to a "coming out debutant party" nor did I ever burn down a house. True I am not from the rich areas of Newport Beach, although I did go there all the time to shop. I just think it is strange, this show is called The OC, like this is how all of Orange County lives, which is so not true. First of all Orange County is a huge place. It has its won slums and million dollar homes. I am from a very middle class area. This show represents maybe 4% of Orange County and yet pretends to show how the whole county lives. I just hope people don't think this show is true. Orange County is basically a super surburb of LA. Nothing much really happens there, it is not a cool place. True some cool bands originated from OC, but notice thay all left when they could afford to. Notice Gwen Stefani lives in LA and not Anaheim. It's a buch of track homes that all look alike. It is a great place to have a family and grow up, but incredible boring if you are a teenager or a young single person, why do you think I left. This show is basically just a rip off of 90210, and I am so glad I am not getting roped ointo watching more crap. I am so sick of the bad teen shows on TV, like The OC. So unrealistic and stupid. It just makes me miss My So-Called Life even more. These shows do not give a voice to teens, they are just written by stupid adults who think they know what High Schoolers like. Anyway I am ranting, mainly because I am in such disbelief that anyone wopuld make a show about a place like Orange County. It is not a cool place, trust me I should know.
I get where you are coming from and agree with you on "These shows do not give a voice to teens, they are just written by stupid adults who think they know what High Schoolers like. " We need more shows on TV like MSCL that make you actually think We need more shows that are not just an hour of mindless entertainment that you forget in 60 seconds. I`m kinda jealous of you though because the only show that ever took place in my hometown was Matlock. Ya. Not really the epitome of a cool show but it did represent the Atlanta court houses well!
There`s Something About My Life....

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Aug 31st 2004, 9:34 pm

I love The O.C. for it's mindless entertainment. Who wants to think when looking at Ryan? :wink:
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Sep 20th 2004, 2:51 am

I thought it was really cute that Benjamin McKenzie and Adam Brody brought their moms to the Emmys!

You can view a picture of them presenting the award for Outstanding Directing in a Drama Series here. Mischa Barton is in the picture too.

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Oct 28th 2004, 4:04 pm

Adam Brody (Seth) and Rachel Bilson (Summer) just got engaged.

And I just noticed how amazing the OC soundtrack is. They played tons of good songs in the past season, and not just the usual mainstream pop.

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Oct 28th 2004, 9:28 pm

Sascha (sab) wrote:Adam Brody (Seth) and Rachel Bilson (Summer) just got engaged.

And I just noticed how amazing the OC soundtrack is. They played tons of good songs in the past season, and not just the usual mainstream pop.
Sab, you have to sign up for that link. Has it been reported anywhere else?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 28th 2004, 10:39 pm

Megs, I just knew I'd find you in this thread close to the season premiere!

You can get login/passwords at http://www.bugmenot.com but the article that Sascha linked above only has a blurb about the engagement:
The latest news from "The O.C." rumor mill is that even though their on-screen romance is up in the air, Adam Brody (who plays Seth Cohen) and Rachel Bilson (who plays Summer Roberts) have gotten engaged.
The engagement news has also been reported at several sites including Adam Brody's fansite and OC online (both of which credit contactmusic.com), as well as mainstream sources like the San Francisco Chronicle (although they don't give credit to any particular news source, the wording is the same).