Curb your Enthusiasm

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
guitarchick
Overlooked Sibling

Curb your Enthusiasm

Post by guitarchick » Aug 8th 2004, 10:25 pm

Does anyone else love this show!? :D

Emilie

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Aug 8th 2004, 11:49 pm

Totally!!! It's one of my favs! HBO does great comedies, Tracy Takes On, Arli$$, Sex and the City ... I love larry David, and the woman who plays his wife is AWESOME! My favorite episode is the one where the wife's sister's fiance is supposed to be getting baptized -- it's classic!
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Aug 9th 2004, 1:39 am

Jody Barsch* wrote: My favorite episode is the one where the wife's sister's fiance is supposed to be getting baptized -- it's classic!
It is a great show, I really need to pick up the DVD releases of it.

My favorite episode has to be when he hires the hooker just so he can use the carpool lane to get to the baseball game :lol: A perfect episode!

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Aug 9th 2004, 3:12 am

Yeah, that was totally a great one! And the one with th doll... Basically they're all good. My parents got me hooked on this show, but sometimes my dad finds it too painfull to watch because of some of the horrible situations he finds himself in. It's funny, I've always said that about Angela when watching MSCL.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

grim4746
Krakow

Post by grim4746 » Aug 9th 2004, 9:35 am

I'm with Jody's dad, this show is often too painful to watch. I love it but I don't think I would buy the dvd. I like to watch my dvds marathon style and more than two episodes of Curb Your Enthusiasm would be too infuriating. I already have trouble staying clam when the movie network airs two eps back to back. I think my fav episode is the one with Wanda Sykes in which Larry makes some comment about knowing her ass and it turns into a big thing about his ass fetish. Wanda Sykes is so funny in this episode. And it's not too painful to watch.

guitarchick
Overlooked Sibling

Post by guitarchick » Aug 9th 2004, 8:51 pm

haha that ass fetish episode is hillarious!! When the doorbell rings and Larry's like "did you invite someone over?" and Chyril goes "Yeah, Wanda" and Larry's like "what?!" and starts running up the stairs. LOL!

that's stuff's too good!

Emilie

MonicaG
Tino

Post by MonicaG » Aug 13th 2004, 8:30 pm

I just started watching this show a few weeks ago. I've already rented 3 of the DVD's. It is painful to watch. You just squirm through the whole thing. So far I loved the doctor's office one & the pant tent. Oh wow! Those were hilarious! :lol:
Claire Fans ~ Keep Voting!

So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.