Newbies!

If you want to share some events in your life or thoughts about life in general with other MSCL fans or if you just want post a rant to let some steam off - this is the place.
Forum Newbies: Please introduce yourself here!
sunshine11
Nicky Driscoll

Post by sunshine11 » Jul 22nd 2004, 12:41 pm

Hello my name is Monica and I love MSCL and I'm happy that I found this board. It's very nice. I look forward to reading all of your comments.

LizzieBoredom
Frozen Embryo

Post by LizzieBoredom » Jul 24th 2004, 2:42 pm

Hi people!
I'm Angela, age 24. I remember watching the show when I was in high school, thinking "Wow! Someone finally gets it!" I then watched it on MTV, when they showed it, and am catching it again on the N now. I originally found this site while searching for any clues about what the next season would have held, after watching the series finale again. I found the fan fiction part of this site, and read a couple, then started looking at everything else.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jul 24th 2004, 6:41 pm

Welcome to our newest members: NegativeOne, sunshine11, and LizzieBoredom!
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Aug 4th 2004, 10:13 pm

LizzieBoredom wrote:Hi people!
I'm Angela, age 24. I remember watching the show when I was in high school, thinking "Wow! Someone finally gets it!" I then watched it on MTV, when they showed it, and am catching it again on the N now. I originally found this site while searching for any clues about what the next season would have held, after watching the series finale again. I found the fan fiction part of this site, and read a couple, then started looking at everything else.
Welcome LizzieBoredom, sunshine 11 & Negative One.

Glad you guys are here, enjoy.

:D

-LanceMan

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Aug 5th 2004, 3:35 am

Did we tell the newbies about the member map? Well, if you're new here, you might want to take a look at it, and maybe even add your "dot" to it. There's plenty of space left, except for the eastern U.S. which is a bit crowded.

:-P

http://www.mscl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2268

Scroll down the thread to find the map; instructions are included throughout.

:idea:
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Aug 5th 2004, 4:00 am

I tried doing that several months ago, :roll: I couldn't get it to work. :cry:

It's a great idea to post that here!

Okay, so this is my last post for the night, #265, 1 less than grim
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

grim4746
Krakow

Post by grim4746 » Aug 5th 2004, 8:14 am

Oh thanks Jody. It didn't keep me awake but sadly this is the first thing I'm doing this morning after brushing my teeth and grabbing coffee. I've been awake for less than 10 minutes and all I'm thinking is "is jody barsch* passed my post count?" Oh well it's only a matter of time anyway. You have more to say than I do and I'd rather read your posts than sit around bored. Plus in a few weeks I'm not sure that I'll have internet access so it's quite possible I'll be around much less often. And hey, how petty and competitive can i be?
I'll be close enough that the map will still be roughly accurate. I usually move once or twice a year but the map is small enough and my dot is big enough that its almost always right. So potential stalkers beware, the map is just a starting point, and I don't look that much like my Martin Short avatar.

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Aug 5th 2004, 8:52 am

How neat that you actually thought the asterisk in her screenname. You have a profound mind.

:lying:
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

grim4746
Krakow

Post by grim4746 » Aug 5th 2004, 9:10 am

Can't help but feel you are picking on me a bit Nostradamus but it was funny :lol: . In a way I actually do think the asterisk, 'barsch' comes out a little harder than it otherwise would and I picture it in my mind, usually with the avatar too. Maybe I'm spending too much time thinking about Jody Barsch*. Is it weird that I had her name tatooed as an armband? :blushblue:

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 5th 2004, 3:19 pm

Nah, it would only be creepy if you had it tattooed someplace...hidden.

:shock:

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Aug 5th 2004, 4:40 pm

candygirl wrote:Nah, it would only be creepy if you had it tattooed someplace...hidden.

:shock:
from an * to a Barsch* in no time ;)

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 5th 2004, 4:46 pm

:lol:

grim4746
Krakow

Post by grim4746 » Aug 5th 2004, 8:58 pm

:shock: :lol:
Oh my! I think we might scare off the newbies who come to introduce themselves.

Angela_Catalano
Between Names

Post by Angela_Catalano » Aug 26th 2004, 6:45 pm

I have been posting for a little while already, because I never went to this forum before!

Well anyways My name is Amber, I live near Pittsburgh, PA! Im 17 years old. I dont have a job right now, I used to work at this under 21 club Called "Jetz" Which was my favorite place to hang out! I dont go to school anymore, but I am starting Job training classes soon.. I love watching tv shows, and movies! I also like playing pool, going clubbing, bowling, shopping,Partying, Normal things! Now I just dyed my hair like Auburn, and cut it like Angela's! I resemble her a bit.

Well I started watching My so called life on the N. I think the first episode I ever saw was "Strangers in the house" And basicly that was the episode that got me hooked. I love everything about this show and love discussing it hear on this Great website!!

( I hope I did this right..?)

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Aug 27th 2004, 10:04 am

Angela_Catalano wrote:I have been posting for a little while already, because I never went to this forum before!
Then here is a belated welcome :)

It must be great to just discover the show now. It is definitely one of those shows that just pulls you in right away and makes you fall in love with all the characters. Not very many shows at all can do that.