Confusion About Graham

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
JammerMan
Nicky Driscoll

Confusion About Graham

Post by JammerMan » Jul 26th 2004, 10:05 pm

Ok, now that The N has finished airing all 19 episodes of MSCL, you'd think I would know what's going on. :P BUT! There's something I'm still kinda confused about. Did Graham actually have an affair? I know in the pilot, Angela catches a glimpse of him with another woman and there was definitely some feelings between him and Hallie... but did he "take action"? His marriage with Patty seemed kinda shaky, and she suspected him of cheating.
Jordan: Hey, I know that girl.
(Angela looks at Jordan and smiles)
Jordan: Angela!

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Jul 27th 2004, 12:30 am

I think it's all in what your definition of cheating is. Graham says in the pilot to his brother that all he and the girl did was "talk" about having an affair. So they never consummated the relationship, although they talked about it. With Hallie, it was a mutual attraction, and I don't believe they ever talked about going there, but you could tell they were both thinking about it. Even Hallie alluded to the fact that her (ex)fiance had a "theory" about Graham, which I always thought meant that he knew that Hallie wanted Graham, and perhaps vice versa.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

muruch
Nicky Driscoll

Post by muruch » Jul 30th 2004, 12:49 pm

No, he never took action with the first woman. At the end of the second episode, he called her and said he couldn't go through with it.

At the end of the series, he hadn't yet had an affair with Hallie. But he seemed to be heading that way.
Muruch 'thanks a lot, big brain' -kurt vonnegut

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Jul 30th 2004, 12:59 pm

I think Brad had the most sense out of all of them for dropping Hallie when he did. Now why he would find her attractive in the first place I have no idea. I don't get the impression he would have insisted on a prenup even though he said he has money, and that that was what Hallie was marrying him for. Which is probably more true than he was willing to admit. So that's another strike against him, but he still dumped her when he sensed her attraction to Graham instead of putting up with it, props for that.
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Jul 30th 2004, 3:14 pm

Hey, I love Hallie in those first couple episodes!
This utterly sucks
Patty : I am *so sorry*, you must think I am just the rudest person on the face of the planet.
Hallie : Hardly, since I actually hold the title. .... Don't apologize! We ate every scrap of food and left like eight million dishes.
Graham : She's kidding.
Hallie : No, in fact, there are dishes in there we got greasy -- just to mess with your head. Oh, oh, here, here. Catch up.
Hallie : Psh. You're asking a man -- sorry, sorry -- to describe someone when I'm sitting here? Here's what he's like -- fairly -- out of it, not unintelligent. Sort of um -- stray puppy, you know the type you're always trying to ease their pain. He may even be a halfway decent person, but let me tell you -- trouble. Way too gorgeous.
Anyway, she's way less annoying than Cheryl Fleck. And call me naive, but I really don't think Graham is heading towards a divorce or an affair. And while yes, there have been some shaky moments in their marriage, I think overall Graham and Patty's marriage works, and is a happy one. At the very least, I don't see them splitting up.[/b]
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

JammerMan
Nicky Driscoll

Post by JammerMan » Jul 30th 2004, 10:50 pm

muruch wrote:No, he never took action with the first woman. At the end of the second episode, he called her and said he couldn't go through with it.
:shock: I completely forgot about that. *feels stupid*

And I like Hallie. She exciting. It's like she makes Graham wake up.
Jordan: Hey, I know that girl.
(Angela looks at Jordan and smiles)
Jordan: Angela!

johny 101

Post by johny 101 » Jul 31st 2004, 1:48 pm

Nothingman wrote:I think Brad had the most sense out of all of them for dropping Hallie when he did. Now why he would find her attractive in the first place I have no idea. I don't get the impression he would have insisted on a prenup even though he said he has money, and that that was what Hallie was marrying him for. Which is probably more true than he was willing to admit. So that's another strike against him, but he still dumped her when he sensed her attraction to Graham instead of putting up with it, props for that.
Oh, I totally agree with you.Hallie Lowenthall was THE most annoying character on the show.And the fact that Graham is attracted to her just shows that he's either really desperate or just plain stupid.I'd go with the latter.

Erro Etminuo
Frozen Embryo

Post by Erro Etminuo » Aug 11th 2004, 3:04 am

In the final episode, when Graham and Hallie get the backing for the restaurant...the scene when it seems like they're about to hug or even maybe kiss :shock: I was like, "NO! Graham don't do it!" and then :lol: *whew* I was glad that most uncomfortable moment was over. Just go home people.
I honestly think though, that if the show would of continued, Graham would of cheated on Patty.
"Whatever your heart clings to and confides in, that is really your God." Martin Luther 1483-1546