Where did Angela/Jordan go on the last episode?

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
sunshine11
Nicky Driscoll

Where did Angela/Jordan go on the last episode?

Post by sunshine11 » Jul 26th 2004, 10:52 am

When Angela gets in the car with Jordan in the last scene where did they go? I assume it was a school night and I doubt Patty would have let her go to a club in the middle of the week.

Amika
Three Rivers Resident

I always thought they sat in his car

Post by Amika » Jul 27th 2004, 12:01 am

I'm developing fan fiction right now where they sit in his car and discuss their relationship...

sunshine11
Nicky Driscoll

Post by sunshine11 » Jul 29th 2004, 4:25 pm

I would love to read it. Let me know when you finish it.
"It's such a lie that we should do what's in our hearts. If we did what's in our hearts, the world would grind to a halt."

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Re: Where did Angela/Jordan go on the last episode?

Post by Jody Barsch* » Jul 29th 2004, 6:54 pm

sunshine11 wrote:When Angela gets in the car with Jordan in the last scene where did they go? I assume it was a school night and I doubt Patty would have let her go to a club in the middle of the week.
I doubt Patty would ever let her daughter go to a club, regardless of the night of the week. Where do high schoolers ever go? Parking lots, parks, coffee houses, friends' houses, food stands, and in Jordan's case, abandoned buildings (houses, lofts and warehouses).

Although we never see or hear about it in the 19 episodes, most fanfictions seem to take it for granted that the loft is a viable option when Jordan and Angela are looking for privacy.

At the end of "In Dreams" we have no indication of where Jordan is taking Angela (not to mention whether their leaving together signifies them actually getting, and staying, back together). In fact, throughout the entire series we see very little of Jordan and Angela's personal time together, we are only privileged with very short glimpses of the interactions their relationship consisted of.

On this particular night, having just started to hang out together again, it seems quite likely that they are heading to somewhere quiet and private, to perhaps talk, and more likely kiss. On the other hand, given Jordan's discomfort with talking about emotions and whatever, and his possible ill-ease over giving her a letter he did not write (a reoccurring theme in fanfics although one I detect little support for in that last scene), Jordan may opt for a more lively and crowded venue, which would discourage any serious or meaningful talks. Jordan has a history of not being able to detect when something is bothering Angela, and given that the last time he saw her that day they were making out, he has no reason not to assume that everything is fine, and therefore seek out a good time with Angela that night.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Post by Guest » Jul 31st 2004, 5:21 am

Exactly how did Jordan get to be in Angela's house that night?Did he just drop by? Or had they previusly made plans? :)

Amika
Three Rivers Resident

Jordan

Post by Amika » Jul 31st 2004, 2:36 pm

Jody, you are completely right about Jordan. It seems like you are saying that talking seriously about his feelings for Angela is somewhat uncomfortable for him and something he steers clear of. Their relationship is more sexual. (and like a friendship) Am I right? I mean, The last thing they were doing together was kissing. I say their relationship is like a friendship because why else would Jordan want to apologize? He obviously is aware that Angela and he are in some form of trusting/ intimate relationship. Also, in the episode "On the Wagon" Jordan and Angela do quite a bit of talking alone about personal things. (Jordan tells Angela that he's upset about Tino quitting Frozen embryos).

So as far as my fanfiction goes, I was going to have them get back together. But now I'm not so sure. And atleast I have a reason for Jordan's wanting to apologize to her (he sees her as a friend) It seems like Jordan always does something unintentional to make Angela happy and make her think she has a chance with him (like his song "red" or when he kisses her Angela "gets her emotions involved") so maybe I'll involve that element more when I write.

Post by Guest » Jul 31st 2004, 2:58 pm

Amika wrote;
Jody, you are completely right about Jordan. It seems like you are saying that talking seriously about his feelings for Angela is somewhat uncomfortable for him and something he steers clear of. Their relationship is more sexual. (and like a friendship) Am I right? I mean, The last thing they were doing together was kissing. I say their relationship is like a friendship because why else would Jordan want to apologize?
No way.I don't see them as friends.They were never friends.From the moment they broke up it was just a pretense of friendship.In fact, I think those two can never be friends.It's all or nothing with them.

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Aug 1st 2004, 11:12 pm

Anonymous wrote:No way.I don't see them as friends.They were never friends.From the moment they broke up it was just a pretense of friendship.In fact, I think those two can never be friends.It's all or nothing with them.
I don't think that's true. While Jordan does hit Angela with the classic
You could have sex with me, if you really want to help
and Angela admits that she finds any excuse to touch him and that secretly hopes he will want to start dating her again, I don't think that their post break-up relationship is a pretense at all.

While there is a physical attraction, I think Jordan and Angela have a friendship beyond sexual desire. Jordan confides in Angela, and their interactions allow both of them to be a different side of themselves from how they are with the other people in their lives. Probably this is not a friendship that will last beyond college (if that long), but I do see them as friends who in their young and inexperieced ways do genuinely care for one another.

I do, however, think it is unfair to critique their relationship too closely as we see very little of it.

I think Jordan apologizes because he misses having Angela in his life, in "Betrayal" it is clear that he his fond of her and finds her very endearing
Yeah, she's always saying innocent stuff like that
While I maintain that Jordan was under no obligation of fidelity to Angela, I think he feels very badly that his actions (which had no great significance for him) had the effect of driving Angela away -- it is clear that even if they did not get back together, and there was no physical aspect to their relationship, that Jordan never meant to cut Angela out of his life
Angela : Well, I guess this is it. So -- goodbye.
Jordan : Bye. See you tomorrow.
So Jordan Catalano and I had pretty much broken up, but he still knew the combination to my locker.
When Jordan talks to Brian about trying to make up with Angela and when he speaks to her in Katimpsky's class, he isn't making romantic moves, he isn't necessarily trying to start dating her, it seems to me like he is simply trying to make her a part of his life again. We have discussed many reasons behind Jordan's distance from Angela as she confronts him after reading the letter, but one explanation might be that he simply wasn't expecting it to all come together so quickly -- suddenly not only is Angela forgiving him and wanting to talk with him, but she is kissing him in the school hallway, this might have been more than he hoped for
I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

JammerMan
Nicky Driscoll

Post by JammerMan » Aug 3rd 2004, 5:06 pm

I imagine a Dancing In The Dark-ish moment. He goes somewhere to make out with her. But when he's going for her, she's talking. He's all over her and she's like "let's stop and talk about this." ::shrugs:: That's what's in my mind.
Jordan: Hey, I know that girl.
(Angela looks at Jordan and smiles)
Jordan: Angela!

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Aug 3rd 2004, 8:12 pm

Anonymous wrote:Exactly how did Jordan get to be in Angela's house that night?Did he just drop by? Or had they previusly made plans? :)
I think he just drops by. After all, Angela had plans to attend the meeting at Mr. Katimpsky's (remember too that she only comes home when she does because she has cut the evening short due to what Rickie tells her).

Taylor

Post by Taylor » Aug 5th 2004, 5:17 pm

Probably this is not a friendship that will last beyond college (if that long), but I do see them as friends who in their young and inexperieced ways do genuinely care for one another.
Wow, I don't really see Jordan going to college.

Seeing how I'm a naive person I kinda imagined Jordan and Angela being together even after school, college or what have you.That would be really sweet.Like in that fanfic story "Perception and memories" by Dan Ness.Excellent writing.

MyLifeIsBrians
Yearbook Team

Post by MyLifeIsBrians » Aug 5th 2004, 7:44 pm

I never even saw Jordan passing high school much less college. This is the guy who got held back twice and had Angela do his homework although he did seem like he was trying to learn when Brian tutored him. I always saw Jordan and Angela go to the club where they saw Buffalo Tom and just chillen out. I don`t know. So many unanswered questions about the characters with this show.
There`s Something About My Life....

Taylor

Post by Taylor » Aug 6th 2004, 6:40 am

When Jordan talks to Brian about trying to make up with Angela and when he speaks to her in Katimpsky's class, he isn't making romantic moves, he isn't necessarily trying to start dating her, it seems to me like he is simply trying to make her a part of his life again

I don't think it's true that he didn't want to get romantically involved with her again.Why else would he ask Brian to write that letter for her.One might argue that he just wanted Angela to talk to him again, but he had to know how that letter would be perceived but he had no objections. On the contrary, he thankfully looks at Brian for doing this favour for him, and his spends the entire next probably making out with Angela.And then he drops by at her house and has a talk about their relationship or what have you, with her mother.So, my guess is yeah, he did wanted to get involved with her again.

MSCLfan00
Nicky Driscoll

Post by MSCLfan00 » Aug 23rd 2004, 10:49 pm

i could imagine so many different things of what happened and where they went when they left in jordan's car...i'm sorry if i'm not all technical on the show and what happened--but i enjoy the show and i think that whatever anyone thinks happened that night is right- because nobody knows! my so called life was full of surprises so no one, no matter how big of a fan you are can really say that they *know* what happened or didn't happen! so, if you think that they got in a fight, or made up, or just became friends i mean who cares what technically happened in the previous shows! NO ONE knows except maybe a select few what really happened so i really dont think people should go around judging people's theories on what happened...
"You have the option of insanity. I do not! And that makes me CRAZY!"

GO KRAKOW! :)

--msclfan00--

Superjesus
Overlooked Sibling

Re: Where did Angela/Jordan go on the last episode?

Post by Superjesus » Jul 22nd 2011, 5:22 am

I think they would have just driven around in silence for a while, Angela lost in thought as ever. Then she probably would have initiated some conversation about the night, and it would have been awkward. Eventually Jordan would have said something (I have a theory that he wrote her a song, for real this time) and Angela realised how he really felt.

Then he probably would have driven her back home.