potential couple

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.

potential couple

Post by Guest » Jul 22nd 2004, 1:30 pm

I just saw Betrayel again, and thought how Jordan and Rayanne would make a great couple.For example, that kiss was pretty awesome, I mean they were drunk and all, but still.What do you think, if the show had continued, woud they get together, because there'sdefinitely chemistry there?

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Jul 22nd 2004, 5:45 pm

I know I've made this argument in various threads before, but I feel it's pretty consistanlty clear that Jordan doesn't really like Rayanne -- he finds her abrasive, irritating, maybe wierd, whatever -- but they travel in the same circles and therefore occasionaly interact with each other, sometimes on a very intimate level, but I don't see them ever becoming a couple.

A lot of people have brought up the interesting question of Rayanne and Brian. I still don't have a strong opinion on this topic, but I do like to entertain the possibility at times. Certainly Rayanne and Brian would be an interesting match (but then I've never been a fan of Brian being with Angela).
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

grim4746
Krakow

Post by grim4746 » Jul 22nd 2004, 9:22 pm

I totally agree with Jody Barsch*. Rayanne and Jordan may have physical chemistry and in some ways seem well matched but I just don't think the characters like each other that much as people nevermind in any special way. Rayanne and Brian? I love that idea and I definitely think they had the makings of a highly entertaining couple. But I guess I have to admit that they didn't like each other either. Though Brian clearly thought she was hot but out of reach. I think the story could have progressed to a point where they could get together.

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Jul 22nd 2004, 10:22 pm

I concur. There just isn't enough of a connection between Rayanne and Jordan to support anything more than a blurry memory, a hangover, and a feeling of regret. They are so similar that it is hard to see them learning or growing from a romance. Perhaps they are comrades, but not lovers.

Brian and Rayanne have great potential as a couple, she drawing him out and he keeping her on an even keel. There would have to be two prerequisites: Rayanne sobering up, for good, and Brian picking himself up off of Angela's doormat.

And not to sound ridiculous, but did anyone ever think about Rickie and Jordan? I know there's nothing to indicate that on Jordan's part, but at least he always treated Rickie with respect, and for that matter, Rickie may have understood him better than Angela ever did.
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

sunshine11
Nicky Driscoll

Post by sunshine11 » Jul 23rd 2004, 12:47 pm

I can't see Rayanne and Jordan as a couple. I don't seem them getting along all that well. Besides I don't think Jordan liked Rayanne romatically. I think these two maybe to much alike.

I too think Brian and Rayanne have potential as a couple. Could you imagine those two together? It would be hilarious.

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Jul 23rd 2004, 3:51 pm

I'm not sure I can really picture Brian and Rayanne together. they definitely have things to offer each other, but do they really have any chemistry? would Rayanne truly be attracted to someone like him? I think that she might take him for granted, as if he was lucky to have her.
And not to sound ridiculous, but did anyone ever think about Rickie and Jordan? I know there's nothing to indicate that on Jordan's part, but at least he always treated Rickie with respect, and for that matter, Rickie may have understood him better than Angela ever did.
that's a very interesting idea. I'm not sure they would work in a romantic relationship, but I can see them becoming friends at some point. because they do come from a similar background and understand each other in an unspoken way. I also like how Jordan doesn't seem prejudice against Rickie's sexuality. it seemed like in my high school, people like Jordan would have stayed away from homosexuals or flat out been mean to them. but he treats him like a person, which is cool.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jul 23rd 2004, 10:45 pm

The Rickie/Jordan slashers might be interested in reading these threads:

Rickie and Jordan
some things I noticed

Good to see you around again emmie!

:mrgreen:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Jul 24th 2004, 2:02 am

candygirl wrote:Good to see you around again emmie!

Yep, the return of the old-school:
:!: :!: :!:

. . . :D
-- Clarence Darrow

-- Mark Twain

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Jul 24th 2004, 9:45 pm

it's good to be back! I usually only visit every few months, but lately the board has been hopping with some great topics. I love it! ironic how I'm one of the oldest members but have so few posts! :wink:

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jul 24th 2004, 10:02 pm

Quality, not quantity!

Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Jul 25th 2004, 6:30 am

When I first found the forum (and started lurking) there were probably less than a dozen frequent writers here, but it took me about a month or two to clear the archives. Good stuff, too. I'd suggest that our newest members do the same, but there's so much of it now!

:morning:

:wink:
-- Clarence Darrow

-- Mark Twain