Ren & Stimpy S1 & 2 Coming in October!

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Ren & Stimpy S1 & 2 Coming in October!

Post by fnordboy » Jul 23rd 2004, 3:06 pm

Can't believe no one else posted this yet.
Happy Happy, Joy Joy! Ren and Stimpy fans who missed out on last year's Time-Life offerings can rejoice! Paramount has quietly let retailers know that Ren and Stimpy - The Complete 1st & 2nd Seasons will be available to sell in-stores on October 12!

Over 30 episodes will be present on this release: "Stimpy's Big Day", "The Big Shot", "Stimpy's Storybook Land: Robin Hoek", "Nurse Stimpy", "Space Madness", "The Boy Who Cried 'Rat!'", "Fire Dogs", "Stimpy's Storybook Land: The Littlest Giant", "Marooned", "Untamed World", "Black Hole", "Stimpy's Invention", "In the Army", "Powdered Toastman", "Ren's Toothache", "Big House Blues", "Out West", "Rubber Nipple Salesmen", "Sven Hoek", "Mad Dog Hoek", "Haunted House", "Big Baby Scam", "Dog Show", "Son of Stimpy", "Monkey See, Monkey Don't", "Fake Dad", "The Great Outdoors", "The Cat That Laid The Golden Hairball", "Stimpy's Fan Club", "A Visit to Anthony", and "The Royal Canadian Kilted Yaksmen".

For those of us who managed to get the short-lived direct sale offering before Time-Life's rights (quickly) expired, there's still good reason to also get the new set. Besides 10 episodes that weren't on the old discs ("Mad Dog Hoek", "Haunted House", "Big Baby Scam", "Son of Stimpy", "Monkey See, Monkey Don't", "Fake Dad", "The Cat That Laid The Golden Hairball", "Stimpy's Fan Club", "A Visit to Anthony", and "The Royal Canadian Kilted Yaksmen"), Paramount's release will also have these extras:

* Audio Commentary
* Featurette
* Image Gallery

Neat add-ons that make it worth adding this to your collection, eh? Something else that would make it worthwhile is if these turn out to be the completely unedited versions of each short. As an example, in the episode "Powdered Toastman", a document is burned in the fireplace, making a joke out of the ignorance of "PTM" when he unwittingly shoves it in. Originally the paper was identifiable as the U.S. Constitution by the words "We The People" at the top, but on the Time-Life DVDs it is only a blank piece of paper. This is just one example of the edits this show has seen, both for broadcast and on the old DVDs. C'mon, Paramount...give us the unedited, original versions of each cartoon!

The running time is listed at 418 minutes, and pricing info isn't yet available. Nor is cover art, but we expect to have that reasonably soon. Stay tuned for more! In the meantime, recite the oath: "I do hereby promise only to watch the Ren & Stimpy Show..."
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=1902

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jul 23rd 2004, 5:05 pm

Oh yeah! The first two seasons were the best!

"And huge pectoral muscles."

:mrgreen:

My friend and I can still sing the Log song.

:oops:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jul 23rd 2004, 5:15 pm

candygirl wrote:Oh yeah! The first two seasons were the best!

"And huge pectoral muscles."

My friend and I can still sing the Log song.

:oops:
When I told my girlfriend it was coming out she went right into the Log song.

...from Blammo!

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jul 23rd 2004, 10:17 pm

It's big, it's heavy, it's wood!

Have I told you lately that I like your girlfriend?

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jul 23rd 2004, 11:16 pm

candygirl wrote:It's big, it's heavy, it's wood!

Have I told you lately that I like your girlfriend?

:lol:

It's better than bad, it's good.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jul 23rd 2004, 11:22 pm

Fine, I like you too.

:wink:

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Apr 11th 2005, 4:28 am

Why? Why Ren and Stimpy and not Daria?? Yes, I know, "they're way existential," but come on! The two Daria movies are NOT anywhere near enough! MTV, get it together!!! (I am, however, happy for all those R&S fans out there who get their DVDs.)
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 11th 2005, 3:00 pm

I don't think it was a matter of either Ren & Stimpy on DVD or Daria on DVD. They were probably just trying to cash in on R&S since SpikeTV was airing the new R&S series.

golden1
Tino

Post by golden1 » Apr 12th 2005, 11:55 pm

That show was so stupid it was funny. Haha I wonder where the writers came up with the ideas for the episodes hahahah. I could probably produce a 'mean' cartoon myself :roll: