I'm married!

If you want to share some events in your life or thoughts about life in general with other MSCL fans or if you just want post a rant to let some steam off - this is the place.
Forum Newbies: Please introduce yourself here!
starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Jun 30th 2004, 4:48 am

Thanks guys! we definitely did have the best day... and yeah, despite Mr. S's blanket refusal to embrace Sci-Fi, he's still pretty cute :D Thanks Grim!
fnordboy wrote:I haven't looked at the photos yet, but which one of you is the CUSM fan?
That would be me! I discovered them around the age of 14, and was hooked right up until I went to Uni at 19... after which they kind of shut down a bit (the fall of the tory government might have had a little to do with that) but they're still great. you know them?

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jun 30th 2004, 5:05 pm

starbug wrote:
fnordboy wrote:I haven't looked at the photos yet, but which one of you is the CUSM fan?
That would be me! I discovered them around the age of 14, and was hooked right up until I went to Uni at 19... after which they kind of shut down a bit (the fall of the tory government might have had a little to do with that) but they're still great. you know them?
I got into them around the age of 14 as well. It was right before 1992: The Love Album was released. There was a buzz about them on MTVs 120 Minutes and they played a number of their videos. I still pull out their albums every now and then actually.

When I first got into them I had a mohawk, but the lead singer (i forgot his name) had only the very front of his head really long and the rest shaved. I replicated that hair cut and had continually gone back to it various times over the years (not in the last few years due to work and all :evil: ). I had it very long to for a while.

I never did get one of their t-shirts. I wanted the one with Jimmy Carter's pic that said Unstoppable Sex Machine :lol: Wonder if I can still find one anywhere....

Looked at the pics BTW, looked like a great wedding. Congrats :)

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Jul 1st 2004, 7:00 am

fnordboy wrote:
When I first got into them I had a mohawk, but the lead singer (i forgot his name) had only the very front of his head really long and the rest shaved. I replicated that hair cut and had continually gone back to it various times over the years (not in the last few years due to work and all :evil: ). I had it very long to for a while.
They were called Jim-Bob and Fruitbat... I haven't checked out their web presence for a while but I'll conduct some research. I remember that hairstyle; I thought it was the height of cool at the time :D IIRC he used to dye it various colours too.
Fnordboy wrote: I never did get one of their t-shirts. I wanted the one with Jimmy Carter's pic that said Unstoppable Sex Machine :lol: Wonder if I can still find one anywhere....
me either - and I always did want one. I was just too poor as a kid and I remember it being a ton of money for me at that point, around £20.
Fnordboy wrote:Looked at the pics BTW, looked like a great wedding. Congrats :)

http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Jul 11th 2004, 3:59 am

The whitest man in Sri Lanka.
No comment! :lol:

Other than that though, very classy; keep it up!

:D
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Jul 18th 2004, 6:07 pm

starbug wrote:Ok Guys and Dolls, I managed a photo album online. Click here:

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v259/CarterUSM/

and you can view my two albums, Wedding and Sri Lanka. The photos aren't in order at all (I couldn't work out how to make them upload in an order; it appears to be random) but you get the idea.

The elephants at Pinnewala Elephant Orphanage are a highlight! Enjoy...

:D
Starbug,

Wow. Thanks for sharing your pics with us. Looks like you had a blast. Mr. Starbug is a very lucky man.

-LanceMan