What movies are you looking forward to?

This is the place to discuss new and old movies or DVD releases of movies. You can also create topics about your favorite actor/actress.
Please post topics related to new productions of the MSCL cast and crew into the "Afterlife" forum.
Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Jun 11th 2004, 9:25 pm

Nothingman, I'm no Mandy Moore, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE Counting Crows (not so much the Joni cover though)
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jun 11th 2004, 9:50 pm

Nothingman wrote:I'm not going to even touch fnordboy's music comment, them's fight'n words :wink: .
:twisted: :whoohoo:
Nothingman wrote:And Jena Malone is a bit plain Jane for me ...
I totally fell for her in Donnie Darko, but the more I see her the less I seem to care for her. I jsut recently saw her on Punk'd and she looked absolutely horrible IMO. So andrew...you can have her. :mrgreen:

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Jun 12th 2004, 6:24 am

fnordboy wrote:So andrew...you can have her. :mrgreen:
Shweet. I think part of it is she reminds me of the unrequited post-highschool crush I had.

I still haven't figured out if Saved! is a comedic Christian movie, or a farcical movie about Christianity. The first preview made it seem like the former, and the newest one I saw seemed like the latter.

And to not make this post entirely about Jena and Mandy, I should really go see this "Harry Potter" thing that everyone seems to be raving about. Apparently it is good, no?
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jun 12th 2004, 8:16 pm

andrewgd wrote:I still haven't figured out if Saved! is a comedic Christian movie, or a farcical movie about Christianity. The first preview made it seem like the former, and the newest one I saw seemed like the latter.
From my understanding of what I read and heard about it, it is a movie with a christian message disguised as a mocking movie. This might be spoilerish so:
[spoiler]I have heard it is a pro-life movie, I am assuming that has something to do with the storyline[/spoiler]

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Jun 14th 2004, 9:51 am

This weekend I watched The Fog Of War. I had been looking forward to seeing this since I saw Ebert and Roper review it about a year ago. Then it won the Oscar for Best Documentary last March. I love Viet-Nam war history and was really wanting to see this. All in all it was a little different from what I expected. :? I guess I was hoping to see Mcnamara stand up and take at least some of the blame for sending countless young American boys off to S/E Asia to be killed, maimed or at least emotionally wrecked for the rest of their lives. Instead the filmmaker backed off when R. M. said he didn't want to "go into that". It was more like a 90 minute forum for Mcnamara to blow his own horn about his accomplishments and deflect most of the blame to LBJ. I would recommend seeing this to anyone interested but not a lot of questions get answered here. There is one segment where Mcnamara comments on the use of Agent-Orange in Viet Nam that is so WRONG you want to puke. Just my opinion.
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Jun 15th 2004, 2:30 am

Stanford Prison Experiment is expected circa this August. I saw most of Das Experiment and liked it, though the ending was stretched way beyond the true story. IMDB doesn't have many details on the American production yet; it may be too small to get much advance press.
Last edited by Nostradamus on Aug 11th 2004, 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

movies

Post by lance » Jun 18th 2004, 4:29 pm

Couple of movies I am looking forward to

Control Room- which just opened here in Cincy today. I am intrigued to see some of the news coverage that was shown on Al-Jazeera during the invasion that was not shown on US outlets.

Fahrenheit 9-11- June 25th?

Aliens vs. Predator- not really expecting any kind of plot here. There is an awesome trailer for this movie running on the Chronicles of Riddick. I am just looking forward to the Alien, Predator chaos.

-LanceMan

Megs
Lifehead

Re: movies

Post by Megs » Jun 18th 2004, 4:34 pm

lance wrote: Aliens vs. Predator- not really expecting any kind of plot here. There is an awesome trailer for this movie running on the Chronicles of Riddick. I am just looking forward to the Alien, Predator chaos.

-LanceMan
My husband about died when he saw that trailer last week. I can't wait to see this movie, either.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Re: movies

Post by TomSpeed » Jun 18th 2004, 5:24 pm

Megs wrote:
lance wrote: Aliens vs. Predator- not really expecting any kind of plot here. There is an awesome trailer for this movie running on the Chronicles of Riddick. I am just looking forward to the Alien, Predator chaos.

-LanceMan
My husband about died when he saw that trailer last week. I can't wait to see this movie, either.
This movie will be the first one in the Alien series without Sigourney Weaver. I'm kind of sad.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Jun 20th 2004, 12:59 am

I saw Saved! It was awesome! A little repetitve at points, but totally funny, and all the actors were great - gotta love Patrick Fugit! (Also, I love the girl from West Wing, although I'm blanking on her name right now).

I am looking forward to watching The Crime of Padre Amaro, it's old, I know, but I've just never gotten around to it before now. Oh! and I am so excited that Elephant is out on video! I saw the previews this past summer but never saw it in the theaters or read any reviews -- it looks intense. I'm still waiting to see 21 Grams :oops:
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Jun 21st 2004, 6:37 am

I'm definitely looking forward to Farenheit 9/11 - June 25th apparently in the US. Don't know about European release though.

I also am going to see Alien vs Predator but I might have to go it alone as I can't even get Mr. S to watch one of the Alien series on DVD :evil: I too am sad that this doesn't have Sigourney in it but I think her decision is the right one. I mean, this does have the air of the money-spinner about it. Won't stop me seeing it but I'm not expecting anything spectacular.

What else... erm - Day after Tomorrow looks OK and I might see it for the effects rather than the story.

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Jun 25th 2004, 8:20 pm

starbug wrote:I'm definitely looking forward to Farenheit 9/11 - June 25th apparently in the US. Don't know about European release though.

I also am going to see Alien vs Predator but I might have to go it alone as I can't even get Mr. S to watch one of the Alien series on DVD :evil: I too am sad that this doesn't have Sigourney in it but I think her decision is the right one. I mean, this does have the air of the money-spinner about it. Won't stop me seeing it but I'm not expecting anything spectacular.

What else... erm - Day after Tomorrow looks OK and I might see it for the effects rather than the story.
Going to see Farenheit Monday. Saw Day after Tomorrow, it was okay. Great effects.

-LanceMan

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Jun 28th 2004, 5:01 am

excellent. Someone told me yesterday that it has European release on 9th July... you will have to post up here what you thought of the film.

Another one I want to see is Supersize Me, which sounds pretty interesting. It's about a guy who eats nothing but McDonalds every day for a month. There are a few rules (he has to try everything on the menu at least once; he has to accept 'Supersize' every time a sales operative offers it to him; he is only allowed to take the average 2000 steps per day that an average American takes in terms of exercise etc). Apparently his doctor begged him to stop after 3 weeks. It sounds fairly damning, and it was noted in the article I read, that McDonalds have now stopped 'SuperSize'.

http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Jun 28th 2004, 9:50 am

I saw The Terminal. Most of the movie was good, quirky funny. I didn't like the ending though. The ending reminded me of the ending of Castaway. Weak.
Last edited by TomSpeed on Jun 29th 2004, 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jun 28th 2004, 10:34 am

starbug wrote:Another one I want to see is Supersize Me, which sounds pretty interesting. It's about a guy who eats nothing but McDonalds every day for a month. There are a few rules (he has to try everything on the menu at least once; he has to accept 'Supersize' every time a sales operative offers it to him; he is only allowed to take the average 2000 steps per day that an average American takes in terms of exercise etc). Apparently his doctor begged him to stop after 3 weeks. It sounds fairly damning, and it was noted in the article I read, that McDonalds have now stopped 'SuperSize'.
Newsflash: McDonalds is not good for you.

I actually have to take up issue with this film. This guy went out there with an agenda and made sure to prove the point he set out to prove. What a lot of people don't seem to realize is that this guy barely ate meat before he started doing this, he also drastically changed his exercise routine when he started this. Instead of walking like he normally does he drove everywhere. He stopped going out as much as he did too. He did this because he felt it made him closer to the average American and McDonalds consumer. Of course this is going to destroy his body. I think it has little to do with the food and more to do with the drastic change in his diet and routine. If you eat the same thing for 30 days and do nothing of course it will mess you up, that is common sense.

As an answer to this "documentary" there was a woman who set out to losing weight with eating mcdonalds and did lose 10 or so pounds. I am trying to find the article but am having no luck at the moment.