Slash stories

Discussion and questions about the FanFiction section of MSCL.com. You can also post excerpts of your unfinished stories here if you're looking for feedback or ideas.

Slash stories

Post by Guest » Jun 18th 2004, 9:10 am

Does anyone know where I can find any slash stories about MSCL?

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Jun 18th 2004, 10:33 am

What exactly is that?
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Jun 18th 2004, 11:27 am

Like, from Guns 'n Roses?

:P
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jun 18th 2004, 2:44 pm

I still haven't read all of the stories in the fan fiction section, but you might want to try there. I'm not sure how strict Sascha & Co were about explicit content, so there might not be any slash available at this site.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Jun 18th 2004, 2:58 pm

So, is slash a racy kind of fan fic?
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

muruch
Nicky Driscoll

Post by muruch » Jun 19th 2004, 9:33 pm

Slash is homoerotica. I haven't seen any for MSCL yet, though many on the mailing list have speculated about Rayanne and Sharon. :)
Muruch 'thanks a lot, big brain' -kurt vonnegut

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Jun 20th 2004, 2:46 am

I read somewhere that one of the most common fanfic themes of Star Trek: The Next Generation was Doctor Crusher hooking up with Counselor Troi.

:mrgreen:
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Jun 20th 2004, 6:46 am

The closest thing to slash stories were the "so-called sex life" items that circulated years ago on the usenet. They were just the usual R-rated fandom sex stories (nothing erotic, just plain pr0n) but I got more requests to include them on the site than for any other story ;-)

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Jun 21st 2004, 10:42 am

Nostradomus wrote:I read somewhere that one of the most common fanfic themes of Star Trek: The Next Generation was Doctor Crusher hooking up with Counselor Troi.
Wow. All I can say is I hope I never go there.
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

Arnesta
Frozen Embryo

Post by Arnesta » Sep 6th 2004, 3:36 pm

It had been 10 years since I last watched MSCL...boy, time flies. This time I started wondering if Rayanne wasn't a little in love with Angela. I wish there were PG-ish slash stories about that.

Arnesta
Frozen Embryo

Re: Slash stories

Post by Arnesta » Sep 6th 2004, 7:09 pm

Anonymous wrote:Does anyone know where I can find any slash stories about MSCL?
I just found one. It's post-graduation, Brian/Rickie.

http://wearemany.net/tiff/likehow.html

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Sep 7th 2004, 9:48 pm

Thanks for the link. The story has some good points. Parts of the dialog sound true to the characters. Some of the plot points involving the back stories of the characters are interesting choices: the colleges they attend, Angela's ambiguous relationship with Jordan, for example. Graham seems true, but he wouldn't offer someone underage a beer and he wouldn't lend Brian his car. However, there are some major problems. It seems like the writer wants to put the characters into the world of Less Than Zero, which is a world extremely different from MSCL. The characters seem too lost, dead, and unsympathetic. There are some plot holes. Where does the story say that Brian is planning the party? Why is Angela in Brian's bed at Brian's house? Also, Rickie and Angela tell Brian that they knew he was gay, but without anything in the show to support this idea and no back story created, it's kind of hard to believe that they knew he was gay. It's a stretch to equate awkwardness around girls with being gay. The sex scenes with Brian and Rickie are OK, but they echo Showtime's Queer as Folk (as does Rickie's working as a dancer in the bar). All in all, the story has a little sizzle and some potential, but it's shallow and derivative.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

BeverlyHills_RockStar16
Overlooked Sibling

Post by BeverlyHills_RockStar16 » Aug 5th 2005, 8:28 pm

what-ever....like whats a slash story about my so-called life, -get a clue
rockiced_dimonds_BeverlyHills style
shopping is amazing

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Apr 24th 2006, 10:52 pm

I went to my first fan fiction website today. The story I read was a slash story. I really really liked it. I don't know if the anonymous poster who originally asked for slash stories is still coming to this forum, but for anyone who's interested, here's the link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2646910/1/ It feels like a really long time since I've read someone else's finished fanfic, and I forgot how fun it is. I love seeing the familiar from a different vantage point, reading other people’s writing styles, and never knowing what comes next. There's a few editing mistakes, and some lines and choices don't ring true for me, but this story is really strong. He's a gifted writer, and uses a great economy of language. I'm really happy right now after reading this story. It’s cool reading good writing, and it's such a relief to get away from my own fan fictions and to look at the characters and the stories from different perspectives. I love how this story just turns around everything we took for granted. I love when Jordan describes his feelings about Angela, it was great. The story doesn't seamlessly fit into the world of the actual series, but I don't feel that all fanfictions need to play the role of the missing episodes. I like that it takes us somewhere new so completely, and that it just asserts what we need to know (like that the school knows that they are bi, etc.) For example, even though we do see Jordan eating in the show, it's easy enough to let that go and to follow this storyline. It's fun(?) to see Jordan's leaning and eye shutting through a different lens. (It's interesting that the writer created his fan fiction as a kind of hybrid between MSCL and Requiem.) Moments did remind me a bit of Queer as Folk, but that's probably just because of my defecit of other points of reference.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

oaksand
Overlooked Sibling

Post by oaksand » Mar 2nd 2007, 5:10 pm

don't know if anyone is interested but the above story has been updated and some other - non slash - stories are also up some quite explicit but well written worth a look - http://www.fanfiction.net, go to tv programmes and scroll down to mscl make sure you click on all ratings to get the explicit stories.