What movies are you looking forward to?

This is the place to discuss new and old movies or DVD releases of movies. You can also create topics about your favorite actor/actress.
Please post topics related to new productions of the MSCL cast and crew into the "Afterlife" forum.
Hunee
Between Names

movies

Post by Hunee » Jun 9th 2004, 10:18 am

I am a huge movie person... I try to see at least one movie a week at the theaters... this summers list looks kind of bleak... I think fahrenheit 9/11 looks extremely funny... when he is in that truck in front of congress reading the patriot act... and then at the end of the trailer bush is talking about stopping all of the terriorists and then says watch this drive... WHAT A JOKE!!!... my opinion in the last year has changed immensely about bush... also the note book looks amazing... i love romance movies... this movie looks amazing...
so make the best of this test, and dont ask why
its not a question, but a lesson learned in time its something unpredictable, but in the end is right i hope you had the time of your life

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Jun 9th 2004, 12:37 pm

I'm excited about The Chronicles of Riddick. I loved Pitch Black, and Vin did and excellent job. I'm hopping this movie is up to par with that movie. I'm not expecting anything beyond an entertaining fun summer movie. And if it does well, this is the first of a trillogy they have written and they will make the next one.
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Jun 9th 2004, 7:22 pm

IYBT wrote:
Megs wrote:Chicago
I don't know if you have had chance to see this film yet. I saw it last week and loved it! I cannot wait to buy the soundtrack and the DVD, I'm pretty close to raiting it higher than Moulin Rouge, which is one of my favourite films of all time!

Catherine Zeta-Jones stole the show for me, I know Rene received the Golden Globe, but I really thought Catherine delievered in this film. She just played her part, and played it damn well! She also looked incredible! (Perhaps that's all I'm being here, shallow!)

I do hope you got chance to see it and I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.
Wow. An old thread. I did get to see this last March (03) when my husband and I were on vacation at the Outer Banks. I loved it, but haven't watched it since. I was surprised my husband took me. :wink:

Movies I want to see:
The Day After Tomorrow (I'm a sucker for disaster films)
Shrek 2
Mean Girls
Troy (for the special effects only, and maybe for the eye candy)
Spiderman 2
Mean Girls
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Jun 9th 2004, 11:53 pm

I didn't much care for Day After Tomorrow, but take that with a grain of salt, as I don't usually go for disaster movies anyway. At least the FX lived up to their reputation.

Troy was good, if a touch melodramatic. Russel Crow as Maximus (Gladiator) could whup Brad Pit as Achilles any day.

:wink:
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Jun 10th 2004, 8:52 am

I am looking forward to Mystic River on DVD and I also am going to see the documentary "Fog of War" when it is available. Probably have to go see Spiderman 2 while it is still in theatres. I have heard Mean Girls is good.
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Jun 10th 2004, 12:26 pm

I am looking forward to Spiderman 2, too. I might even break the bank and see it in a theater.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jun 10th 2004, 5:07 pm

K-man wrote:I am looking forward to Mystic River on DVD and I also am going to see the documentary "Fog of War" when it is available. Probably have to go see Spiderman 2 while it is still in theatres. I have heard Mean Girls is good.
I just picked up and watched Mystic River the other day. Very good movie. I liked it a lot, some brilliant performances in it. I haven't watched any of the extras or listened to the soundtrack CD that comes with the 3 disc set yet.

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Jun 10th 2004, 5:40 pm

fnordboy wrote:
K-man wrote:I am looking forward to Mystic River on DVD and I also am going to see the documentary "Fog of War" when it is available. Probably have to go see Spiderman 2 while it is still in theatres. I have heard Mean Girls is good.
I just picked up and watched Mystic River the other day. Very good movie. I liked it a lot, some brilliant performances in it. I haven't watched any of the extras or listened to the soundtrack CD that comes with the 3 disc set yet.
Yeah, I'm really wanting to see that one.
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Jun 11th 2004, 1:18 am

Movie #1:
It's all about Saved! I am way excited! I love Patrick Fugit, and while I don't care much for Mandy Moore, this looks like a role she'll be perfect in. Susan Sarandon's daughter kind of bugs, but again, I think I'll like her in this.

Movie #2:
I won't go see this one, but I just love Snoop's "At ease ladies" in the trailor for Soul Plane, he's so sexy.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Jun 11th 2004, 10:14 am

fnordboy wrote:
I read the book a few years ago, and wasn't impressed. That has me staying away from the movie, but I have been hearing such good things about it. We have it from NetFlix, so I will watch it this weekend.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Jun 11th 2004, 10:43 am

I don't know much about Saved! but I think I could sit through it because I love Mandy Moore. I'll be sure to ommit that to my date when I go, and just enjoy her quietly. She's a huge Counting Crows fan, extremely nice, and has excellent taste in music. I'll be sitting through the movie thinking "I want one of those".
:flowers:
And you never know, the movie might be good too.

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Jun 11th 2004, 10:56 am

Nothingman wrote:I don't know much about Saved! but I think I could sit through it because I love Mandy Moore.
I'd like to see it more for Jena Malone.

I'm definitely looking forward to Spider-man 2, Anchorman, Farenheit 911, and I'm SOO in love with the trailer for Garden State. Best. Trailer. EVER. It looks like an amazing movie, and I still don't know what it is about. PERFECT.
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jun 11th 2004, 11:29 am

Nothingman wrote: She's a huge Counting Crows fan, extremely nice, and has excellent taste in music.
Ummm :huh: That statement doesn't make any sense. :scratchinghead:

:lol: Seriously though, I do want to see Saved. I have heard some things about it that bother me but I think it should still be very funny. There honestly isn't much in the US I want to see. Waiting for the US remakes of Juon, Dark Water, and Il Mare....hopefully they didn't screw them up too much.

Overseas I want to see the new Takahashi Miike film Zebraman and the new Hideaki Anno live action version of Cutie Honey. Oh and the latest Shunji Iwai film. You can never go wrong with Shunji Iwai.

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Jun 11th 2004, 3:55 pm

Nothingman wrote:She's a huge Counting Crows fan, extremely nice, and has excellent taste in music. I'll be sitting through the movie thinking "I want one of those".
:flowers:
And you never know, the movie might be good too.
Your date, or Mandy Moore?

Edited to add a :P

:wink:

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Jun 11th 2004, 5:41 pm

Seems everyone has a comment on my Mandy crush. I figure if I'm going to sit through girly summer movie, I might as well go see one where I can enjoy the scenery. I'm not going to even touch fnordboy's music comment, them's fight'n words :wink: . And Jena Malone is a bit plain Jane for me Andrew, but maybe we can do a double date, you and Jena, me and Mandy. Probably should pick a different movie to go see together though. :P