Meeting Leto

Discuss former or new projects of Jared Leto ("Jordan Catalano") in this forum.
mgreeson
Liberty High Student

Meeting Leto

Post by mgreeson » Jun 14th 2002, 9:19 am

Hello All, I wanted to share an experience with you because I figured that you all might be the only ones who actually appreciate the importance of this event. I live in Atlanta, and recently Jared Leto appeared here at a happening we call Music Midtown. His band played at this event, and since no one quite knows who they are yet, or that Leto is even in the band; not many people were there. I could get right up to the stage to get a closer look and really enjoy his performance.
Afterwards, he was nice enough to come out and meet the fans, signing autographs and such, and my friend and I got a picture with him. I have to say that it was quite the highlight of my year. If anyone had told me that I would one day actually meet Jordan Catalano, let alone touch him and have my picture taken with him, I would never have believed it. And oddly enough, he looks exactly like he does on the big screen, no make up; apparently, he doesn't need it. I was a little starstruck, didn't even tell him my name.
I just wanted to share this experience with you all, the bands website doesn't like it if you discuss the wonderment of the Leto. And even though his hair was bleach blond, and sort of swept off to the side...he was still Catalano.

-This whole day has just been one big long thing that makes no sense."

Re: Meeting Leto

Post by Guest » Jun 14th 2002, 4:29 pm

Well I, for one, am jealous. I think I would pee my pants if Jared stood next to me for a picture.

You are one lucky person.

mgreeson
Liberty High Student

I nearly did

Post by mgreeson » Jun 14th 2002, 7:21 pm

Let me tell you, obviously I was so damn starstruck because I couldn't even think of anything brilliant or cool to say. So I just sort of stood there, taking it all in, realizing that in like 2 seconds it would be over. I should have given him my headshot because I want to be an actress, but my bitchy friend kept telling me to be cool, and like stop staring. Stop staring?!!!! Hello!!! It's Leto. I just like to talk about it/him. Because if you go to his band's website, they like reem you if you even so much as mention his name. Ridiculous.

Re: I nearly did

Post by Guest » Jun 14th 2002, 7:55 pm

They're obviously just trying to be cool about his Hollywood stardom. It probably pisses them off too - the fact that one (fabulously goodlooking) member of the band has had success before getting with them.

Plus, is it true that Mr Leto is embarrassed of his involvement with MSCL?? I sincerely hope not. He did some fine acting here and it is the reason people looked his way in the first place.

I'm glad you met him. I love that sparkly, tingly feeling of excitement when something wonderful happens but it is so frustrating when others don't get why it's such a big deal. It's hardly meeting one of the stars but I'm like this about getting the boxset made. People I know are like, "huh, so it's a tv show??" But they don't know, they just don't know...

north_Star98
Yearbook Team

Post by north_Star98 » Jun 15th 2002, 3:22 am

oh my gosh...that is one experience that i would have loved to be there for...jared leto...man i've had a little school girl crush on him since mscl started. and that was how many years ago? i still say to this day that him and rob thomas are my favs...jared is what started it all..before him i have no idea who i was starstruck with!!! :)

30 seconds to mars...is their music pretty good? i only have two songs...adn they're from about 1 1/2 years ago when i found out that they were going to release a cd. :)

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Jun 17th 2002, 2:14 am

let me just start by saying how much I admire and respect you. you have a lot of courage whether you believe it or not. I went to the cannes film festival in 2000 and saw his movie Requiem for a Dream. which was amazing by the way. I went there thinking, if I see just one star, please let it be Jared Leto. and guess what? my dream came true. I was walking down one of the sidewalks on the main street and passed him. it was the most surreal moment of my life. I saw him about 20 feet ahead of me walking in my direction. my body literally shut down. I kept walking while not taking my eyes off of him. I couldn't believe that I was actually passing him and my brain just went stupid. basically, I didn't do anything. and of course, my arms were full with posters and such that I couldn't just turn around and go chashing after him (which I immediately wanted to do). nope, instead I found an ice cream shop and ate ice cream while berrating myself for not doing anything. the screening was really cool though. since I was a nobody, I had to sit up in the balcony. but before the movie started, me and another girl were leaning over the edge to see him. he had his little digital camcorder and was filming the audience. he looked so sweet, like a kid in a candy store. I'm thinking this was his first time to premiere a movie in Cannes. so at least I have the pleasure of knowing that my face is in one of Jared Leto's home movies. ha ha. wow, this was a lot longer message than I intended, sorry.

but hey, any chance of us seeing this pic? that would be pretty cool. his band came here, Birmingham Alabama, last month with some festival. but I couldn't go because I couldn't get off of work. pretty lame huh?

emmie

mgreeson
Liberty High Student

How Sweet

Post by mgreeson » Jun 17th 2002, 10:19 am

Thanks for that reply, it does make me feel a lot better to know that I am not retarded for basically acting like a zombie when I saw him. It's a\exactly like you described, your body just shuts down, lik eit can't stand that much stimulation or something. Like it can't beleive what's really happening. The only complaint I had was that he seemed somewhat, just a little...like he knew how good looking he was. Like he could tell that everyone there was on the verge of like fainting and that it had maybe just maybe gone to his head a little bit...or maybe that's just the rock star attitude he's trying to portray. I would love to post the pic, but i have to figure out how to scan it into the computer first. E-mail me if you want to talk more, you seem super sweet!! mikalee@mindspring.com.

mgreeson
Liberty High Student

Music is Awesome

Post by mgreeson » Jun 17th 2002, 10:21 am

Their music is quite good. It has a sort of space age, Pink Floyd type of sound to it. Very heavy, but very enjoyable. I think you will like it.

mgreeson
Liberty High Student

Exaclty

Post by mgreeson » Jun 17th 2002, 10:29 am

No one seems to get that feeling of when you meet someone and you just like...freak out. Most of my friends don't even think he's hot, or he's too short, which I completely don't understand. But it does bother me that they have this whole thing about not using his stardom. If I was in a band, and I wanted to make it, I would use anything I could to get my music out there. Besides, by hiding his image, he is making female fans want to see him more, instead of just plastering his face across the album cover. If they did that, people would get sick of him and then move on to the music.

I heard that too, that he was asahmed or embarrassed about his performance. What gives? Claire Danes too apparently. And I hate to say it but that was like her best work ever so far. So why do they all hate their performances so much?! The performances were great!! Sorry to ramble, but I love chatting with you all.

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Re: Exaclty

Post by emmie » Jun 17th 2002, 6:04 pm

I think that there is some kind of stigma in Hollywood. once you make it to the movies, you have to hate your television origins. especially if it's something that has to do with teenagers. even though MSCL is nowhere near horrid teeny-bopper shows. but I think the mix of television and movies is getting better. we've seen a lot of big movie stars getting tv shows.

but yes, I really think it's unfortunate that they feel this way about something we all so love.

emmie

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Re: How Sweet

Post by emmie » Jun 17th 2002, 6:09 pm

I love the way you put it, like your body can't stand that much stimulation. ha ha. I just love that. it's like you get such a rush of adrenaline that you can't function. it really is a cruel joke by nature, because that's when you really need to be able to function. but at least you were able to meet him and act somewhat normal. I've heard conflicting things about how he reacts to fans. I've heard that he doesn't like the adulation and can be rude sometimes. but I've also heard that he's pretty nice and does the signage thing. but for me, forget the autograph. I'll just go straight to him hugging me on camera. :) and a kiss on the cheek wouldn't be so bad either. ;)

emmie

mgreeson
Liberty High Student

Emmie!!

Post by mgreeson » Jun 18th 2002, 8:52 am

Hey e-mail me so we can chat more!!!

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Re: Emmie!!

Post by emmie » Jun 22nd 2002, 2:37 pm

I would email you, but I don't have your email address. plus, the private messenger thingy here isn't working.

emmie

Synthetic
Tino

umm

Post by Synthetic » Oct 2nd 2002, 1:49 am

yah Ive met Jared about 7 times..he really is a nice guy, I hung out with him and his band on several occasions...I have to say he really makes you feel appreciated, of course I never mentioned his acting career because he wants to be known for his music right now, which I might add is beautiful..you all should really check out his band 30 seconds to mars..they are getting somewhat big now, theyve been on Much Music and are on mtv2 rock all this week...they have a video out and nice website, they just got off tour with Incubus and are gonna be in Canada for a couple weeks on the Campus Invasion tour, now mostly everyone will get a chance to meet him :D

zedhead
Nicky Driscoll

Re: Exaclty

Post by zedhead » Oct 8th 2002, 4:42 pm

emmie wrote:I think that there is some kind of stigma in Hollywood. once you make it to the movies, you have to hate your television origins.
That's thing thing though isn't it...no disrepect here but although you would have thought at the time that the *entire* cast would have just catapulted into the most amazing roles, nothing has really materialized. Not in the huge dimensions everyone expected.

The one person over all others I hope isn't embarrased or talk-shy of their achievement within MSCL is Winnie. If words like that ever dripped from the end of one of my pens I'd be glued to a A4 pad for the rest of my life. Bloody genius she is! Zoe
Why are you like this? Like what? Like how you are. How am I? How am I!?