The Lost Boys - 2 disc SE announced!!

This is the place to discuss new and old movies or DVD releases of movies. You can also create topics about your favorite actor/actress.
Please post topics related to new productions of the MSCL cast and crew into the "Afterlife" forum.
fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

The Lost Boys - 2 disc SE announced!!

Post by fnordboy » May 3rd 2004, 5:35 pm

:shock: :D :shock:

Can not wait for this!
PRESS RELEASE
The Lost Boys
Two-Disc Special Edition DVD

Warner Home Video Gives New Life to the Undead on August 10 with More Than Two Hours of Bonus Features including Never-Before-Seen Deleted Scenes, New Documentary, Five Featurettes and More

BURBANK, Calif., May 3, 2004 – Sleep all day and party all night with the ground breaking vampire cult favorite, The Lost Boys, debuting on Two-Disc Special Edition DVD August 10 from Warner Home Video. This newly remastered special edition DVD includes more than two hours of enhanced content with never-before-seen deleted scenes, a new documentary, five featurettes, commentary by director Joel Schumacher and much more. The Lost Boys Two-Disc Special Edition DVD will be available for $19.95 MAP/$26.99 SRP. Orders are due July 11.

Joel Schumacher (Batman Forever, Batman & Robin, Flatliners and Phone Booth) brought a whole new twist to the vampire genre when he directed the young hunks Kiefer Sutherland (TV’s 24), Jason Patric (The Alamo and Sleepers), Corey Haim (License to Drive) and Corey Feldman (The Goonies). The movie, which won the 1988 Saturn Award for “Best Horror Film,” won over critics and fans with a campy, but cool horror movie ride. Caryn James of The New York Times called the film, “A hip, comic twist on classic Vampire Stories.”

“When The Lost Boys premiered theatrically, it took the world by surprise and quickly became a cult phenomenon that paved the way for hit television series like Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel,” states Michael Radiloff, WHV’s Vice President, Theatrical Catalog Marketing. “We’re thrilled to be building on that legacy and the film’s passionate fan base with this fully loaded special edition. The original release of The Lost Boys sold more than 2 million videos. ”

Synopsis: When their parents divorce, Michael (Jason Patric) and Sam Emerson (Corey Haim) move with their mother to their grandfather’s house in a California town nicknamed, “The Murder Capital of the World.” Soon after arriving, Michael gets involved with a hell-raising motorcycle gang of vampires with a charismatic leader (Kiefer Sutherland). When Sam becomes involved with the Frog Brothers (Corey Feldman and Jamison Newlander), who confess to being undercover Vampire hunters, he realizes it’s up to them to save Michael and the rest of the town from the vampire gang.

In addition to a new digital transfer and Dolby 5.1 sound, The Lost Boys Two-Disc Special Edition DVD will feature the following bonus materials:

Commentary by director Joel Schumacher
The Lost Boys: A Retrospective with Joel Schumacher, Richard Donner, Keifer Sutherland, Jami Gertz, Corey Feldman, Corey Haim, Jamison Newlander, Greg Cannom, Edward Herrmann and Michael Chapman
Inside the Vampire’s Cave
-A Director’s Vision
-Comedy vs. Horror
-Fresh Blood: A New Look at Vampires
-The Lost Boys Sequel?
Vamping Out: The Undead Creations of Greg Cannom, Oscar® winning make-up artist
The Vampire’s Photo Gallery
The Return of Sam and the Frog Brothers:
-Haimster & Feldog: The Story of the 2 Coreys
Multi-Angle Video Commentary with Corey Haim, Corey Feldman and Jamison Newlander
The Lost Scenes - Deleted scenes
A World of Vampires - Interactive ancient map of the world and the vampires that inhabit it
Lost In the Shadows by Lou Gramm, Music Video
Theatrical trailer

The Lost Boys Two-Disc Special Edition
$ 26.99 SRP
Catalog DVD #33530
Street Date: August 10
Run Time: 97 minutes
Rating: R

Debs
Liberty High Student

Post by Debs » May 3rd 2004, 6:24 pm

I swear, this is too weird... I've just, not more than ten minutes ago, finished watching 'Stand by Me', and after a discussion about Corey Feldman, looked him up on ImDb & said out loud, "Oh, I have to watch 'The Lost Boys" again'!! How weird is that???!

Debs xx
Mom. Streamers?

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

lost boys

Post by lance » May 12th 2004, 12:18 pm

Very, very good news.

-LanceMan

MyLifeIsBrians
Yearbook Team

Post by MyLifeIsBrians » May 12th 2004, 7:28 pm

oh wow....that movie as awesome and the special features are even better. I`m so excited about this!
There`s Something About My Life....

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 12th 2004, 9:36 pm

Ah, the Lost Boys - that movie was a staple at slumber parties (along with Witchboard). The two Coreys!
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » May 12th 2004, 11:20 pm

oooooo Witchboard :P

Many a night spent watching that with friends, as well as Night of the Demons.

Damn I need to buy those on DVD!

Amika
Three Rivers Resident

Post by Amika » Aug 18th 2004, 9:53 pm

I just got my Lost Boys DVD in the mail today!!! Woot!! That takes care of my kiefer sutherland fix for the day :wink:

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Aug 19th 2004, 1:59 am

I literally have just watched 3 movies with Kiefer in them the past few days. something in the air!

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 19th 2004, 3:48 am

Over the weekend, I caught part of the Disneyfied Three Musketeers movie and I was cracking up at the concept of a post-Lost Boys/pre-24 Kiefer. The span of his roles is mind boggling :mrgreen:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?