Unshipped merchandise confirmed at AU.com (**OFFICIAL**)

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » May 2nd 2004, 7:44 pm

I am told by the FBI that they can't find any money and if any of it is ever found it will probably be seized by the gov't (assuming he is found guilty, and apparently that's a no-brainer --with the blatant scam and the aliases, etc.).

The fines can equal twice the total amount stolen. The irony of the US system is that the thief pays a debt to society before paying the victim of the crime.

In that light, yes, I am amazed that this merchandise was sitting there. Justin told me that Ross hired a part timer to come in and send out a little at a time. Explains the haphazard nature of order fulfillment.

Also explains why the only way to do this is to ask people to pay s&h AGAIN. If it were a few hundred, I could try to cover some of it myself. But we are looking at 2,000 lunchboxes and 2,500 bonus discs.

I am going to be dealing with people that I didn't market to --people who bought from AU after I resigned due to Ross's lies. AU.com's record keeping was not the best. I am trying to see if there is any way to figure out who already received their stuff. Some people will be impossible to track down after 2 years.

debbo
Frozen Embryo

Post by debbo » May 3rd 2004, 12:30 am

Jason R wrote:Now for the real question: how many people would actually be willing to pay S&H again for these items. They can rest assured that Ross will not see a penny of it, but I really think that with this volume, we need professional fulfillment services.
Coming out of lurk mode to comment that I'd also be willing, if you're going to also fulfill orders for Canada once done the US ones.

They got my hopes up on March 17th, when Leslie emailed me back after daily emails requesting them, saying my bonus materials would be shipping out March 23rd. Of course, they never did appear.

Anyway, just wanted to add my vote to being willing to pay S&H when/if it comes down to that. Now back to lurking.
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!

danorte
Tino

Brief thank you

Post by danorte » May 3rd 2004, 1:15 am

How rude of me!

I forgot to thank you Jason, for all your time and attention given to all of us.

As for the international orders, don't worry. Keep up the good work. We all appreciate it.

I am prone to be a loyal costumer to your new Drygrass products (if i find something of interest of course!)

best wishes and once again, thank you very much!!

[]s

Daniel
"Soft word spoken, promises broken"
(Buffalo Tom)

Justin at AU
AnotherUniverse.com

Post by Justin at AU » May 3rd 2004, 4:56 am

Hey All.

Just to clear up one thing. It wasnt one part timer doing shipping. They had one person doing all the out going shipping but they quit a few months ago. From what I have seen there are partial lists of who has received them and order still waiting to go out. I am still looking for a ful list to cross reference with. Once I have the list I will pass it on to Jason. Also to let it be known I have been fired from my job at AnotherUniverse, but will be helping close down the warehouse as I am the pretty much the last employee. I want to do everything I can to help get these out to everyone and to Jason. I myself just couldn't believe how many boxes were still sitting out there in the warehouse. From the set up it was obvious they were mailing them out, it just looks like it was in dribbles and drabbles.

Well off to bed, then along day at the warehouse looking for records of who has received them and who hasn't.

Thanks

Justin

Debs
Liberty High Student

Post by Debs » May 3rd 2004, 7:21 am

Sitting here at my computer in Middlesbrough, England, it's hard to visualise the reality of these new events; there's a warehouse... and it's full of precious MSCL materials, materials that were born of our signatures and Jason's determination many, many moons ago.

This Bank Holiday Monday could be spent many ways and how I wish I were in California so I could put these hours to some good use. I'd be there like a shot.

Obviously, my heartfelt appreciation and thanks goes the magnificent Jason for sticking to this nightmare of a project. I know I couldn't have dealt with all of this for so long. You are our rock and I'm sure you'd rather be with your lovely wife than living & breathing this project.

And now, thanks to Justin @ AU for helping to 'fix' this mess.

I hope you guys get some help with this over the next few days / weeks.

Debs x
Mom. Streamers?

megar2
Tino

Re: Operation Lunchbox

Post by megar2 » May 3rd 2004, 2:16 pm

Jason R wrote:I think that USA will come first because the largest percentage are USA and because the postage is basically the same (depends on the method used though --zones will apply to UPS, etc). Easier to work out any kinks where tracking is available. That's the advantage of at least starting with the USA.

However, it is only right that everyone who was supposed to receive one has a chance to get it.
I agree. I hope that some of these goods will be shipped to other countries, either. As an european "customer", i would love to receive the lunchbox and what I have paid for.
I though that I will never see the lunchbox, and bonus disc. Maybe I will finally get them !

Thank you for your effort, for the community of MSC fans.

crispy
Nicky Driscoll

Post by crispy » May 3rd 2004, 2:41 pm

Debs wrote:But what about the people who cancelled at 'the last hour' but never received a refund?
Debs x

I fall in that category so I was wondering the same thing... Would I still be able to get a bonus disc? (don't need the lunchbox) I'll gladly pay for shipping.

I'm also in Canada so I'm worried that's 2 strikes against me. :/

Btw, I think PayPal is a great idea... automatic currency conversion for international customers... safe, quick and easy.

Please let me know if I should be sending my AU order number, or forwarding my cancellation email to someone.... to prove that I ordered and cancelled. I want to do whatever's necessary. I'll be crushed if I miss another chance to own the bonus dvd!

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » May 3rd 2004, 4:21 pm

PayPal also has buyer protection.

I envision something like this:

Dry Grass Partners, LLC accepts payment. PayPal deducts merchant fee (I have a merchant level account with them).

I foward fulfillment list to the fulfillment company.

They send me tracking info and also email customers (or I do it).

Once I confirm these are being shipped, I send the next batch of names and the next batch of payments.

This is assuming a fair s&h rate. I will hear back today.

CJ
Frozen Embryo

Post by CJ » May 3rd 2004, 4:41 pm

i'd also be okay with repaying for the S&H. Jason, i don't believe i'm on any lists you have, seeing as i didn't preorder...i ordered on September 10th of '02. I was also lucky to have paid by money order, so i had no problem with overcharges and the things the rest of you had to deal with...but if you need my order number and other info to add to your list, let me know.

CJ

danorte
Tino

Paypal is fine

Post by danorte » May 3rd 2004, 6:27 pm

Paypal works fine for me. I have an account set, so it works just fine.

If any of you, international costumers, encounter problems setting an account I could spare mine and pay for some orders and then work out some way to be paid back. (no joke intended hehehe)

[]s

Daniel
(Buffalo Tom)

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » May 3rd 2004, 8:06 pm

deleted (honestly, better said in the next post)
Last edited by Jason R on May 3rd 2004, 9:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » May 3rd 2004, 9:12 pm

Backup plan. (please post on other DVD and MSCL sites)

Quite honestly, Ross Rojek made my life a living hell for 2 years. I should be suing his ass and not helping his company fulfill its orders to customers who already paid his company to fulfill those orders.

I have no way of knowing that I am not being set up by AU.com. I have no proof that they are willing to work with me in good faith and to provide the names of people who are owed product. Under the terms of the agreement with Buena Vista, these lunchboxes are only supposed to go to people who purchased a set. Without a proper list of fulfilled orders, I cannot be sure to act in the best interest of customers while also abiding by the agreement.

Justin contacted me to help AU "reach out" to customers who got screwed by AU.com. Whether he likes it or not, Justin (I don't even know his last name) is now in charge of AU.com, and on behalf of the MSCL DVD customers I demand that he preserve the property that rightfully belongs to AU.com customers.

That AU.com should ask me for assistance now, when they intentionally tried to sully my reputation with my clients is kind of ironic. I have to be wary of helping them at this time, as I don't know what their true motives are.

It is my understanding that Justin is liquidating all fixtures and collecting the funds for any liquidated property. That money should be used to pay shipping. When that money runs out, the customers could be asked to pay the difference.

I pointed out to Justin that there is a fulfillment company only a few miles from AU.com. I leave it entirely in his hands whether he decides to work with them to fulfill the orders. The all inclusive price for s&h within the USA would be $8 (including carting and storage), and I demand that AU.com not tag extra charges onto the S&H fee.

I should also add that I spoke with Ross Rojek's ex-wife and that she made it clear to me that she intends to sell some AU.com merchandise to keep a roof over her head. She wanted me to state that it was ok for her to sell some lunchboxes and discs, or that was the gist of what she meant when she said "she wanted to make some things clear." I don't believe that I have the legal authority to tell her what she can and can't do.

Honestly, as much as I can sympathize for her in her current situation, I am not prepared to assist AU.com in fulfilling its orders and I also demand that she not sell any MSCL merchandise that rightfully belongs to AU.com customers.

AU.com, or it's current trustees have the full power to contact the customers and sort out who is owed what, and also to determine the best way to get the product to customers.

I demand that AU.com notify its mailing list of customers of the availability of the bonus materials and to make plans to get it to them.

I already wasted 18 months of my life trying to clean up after Ross Rojek. He is rightfully in jail now. With any luck he will be in prison for a very long time. I have no desire to help his company in any way, shape or form.

Instead, I will continue to do what I did before, and that is to pressure AU.com to fulfill its promise to what is apparently around 2,000 customers. If AU.com does not make provisions by May 10, the merchandise will be supposedly forfeited to their landlord. If they don't act before this deadline I suggest that we keep our eyes on eBay to ensure that those connected with AU.com don't try to sell this essentially stolen merchandise for profit.

Best Regards,
Jason Rosenfeld
914-588-4800
rosenfeld@drygrass.com

danorte
Tino

Post by danorte » May 3rd 2004, 11:09 pm

"Quite honestly, Ross Rojek made my life a living hell for 2 years (etc....)"

I'm with you on that! I believe you had done enough and I'm up to keep pressuring AU.com!

Through Internet at least.

Any ideas?

[]s

Daniel
(Buffalo Tom)

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » May 3rd 2004, 11:14 pm

Literally, to get things going, all that Justin has to do is find a fulfillment company to take possession of the materials and to establish a fair s&h rate.

I already recommended one. I am sure there are others.

Only he is authorized to give permission for someone to pick up the merchandise.

Also, only AU can accurately determine who is entitled to these items.

Justin at AU
AnotherUniverse.com

Post by Justin at AU » May 4th 2004, 12:18 am

Wow this is all a shock from my talks with you earlier Jason. My wife was refereing to a few box sets that were still at the warehouse that we were told were okay to sell. Not the Bonus disks or Lunch Boxes. My wife doesnt always have the whole picture of what i am doing at work. Two days ago I received a letter from Ross stating that I was fired. I am just helping pack as much stuff up as I can so it doesnt all get tossed in a dumpster.

I came to Jason because i saw that he was thinking about paying to have new disks printed, I saw no reason to that since they were all sitting in the warehouse. Jason said he would work something out and he contacted the fufillment compnay which came out today and took a look at the product and take a sample to see what the shipping would be.

I was trying to be a nice guy and help out some people, i thought Jason could get them out to people who needed them so I talked with him. The
last post almost felt like an attack, and to be honest I do not appreciate it at all. I mean I can just walk away from the whole thing and let them all just be thrown away but that seems like a very big waste.

This was not my company. This was not my fault. I didnt even work in the warehouse, I worked out of my house. I was just trying to help bring a close to all this and now i feel like i am being attacked.