Air America Radio, anyone else listening?

As the forum title implies: This is the forum for "anything else" which doesn't fit into one of the other forums.
fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Air America Radio, anyone else listening?

Post by fnordboy » Apr 1st 2004, 6:03 pm

So this probably should be put in the Political forum, but I don't know...see how the thread goes I guess.

Anyway, Air America started yesterday at noon and I was listening from the first minute. I have to say I enjoyed AL Franken's show The O'Franken Factor :lol:, the other shows that I have heard so far I have liked too. Janeane Garafalo has a show everynight at 8, last night's show was "ok" but I can see it getting better. Chuck D has a show (with 2 other people) at 9 every morning and that was also a bit slow, but I have hopes for it. The big surprise for me is Randi Rhodes, I never heard her before and I really like her show.

America's first Liberal radio station is good in my book (so far).

http://www.airamericaradio.com

Anyone else listening?

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Apr 1st 2004, 7:17 pm

I heard Randi tear Nader a new one. That was pretty sweet. That's the only bit I've heard so far though.
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

grim4746
Krakow

Post by grim4746 » Apr 4th 2004, 8:25 pm

When I first read about this I was quite excited but not I'm afraid I just might be too stupid for Air America Radio. I've tried severl times over the last few days trying to listen but didn't have to proper media player, after way too much effort I've discovered that it's been working for at least a day and I failed to check the volume on my speakers. :oops: :x Now I'm well rested (and humbled) and glad to have the chance to listen. Maybe I'll even be able to wrap this feeble mind around what they are talking about.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

air america

Post by lance » Apr 6th 2004, 6:35 pm

Great thread,

I did manage to catch a bit of the Randi Rhodes show yesterday. I am pretty impressed. Very refreshing to hear a different radio perspective than Rush & crew. I think this network has legs and will expand. Right now I can only listen online. Hopefully they will pick up more radio stations soon.

-LanceMan

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Apr 16th 2004, 10:45 pm

i listen to internet streaming at work

xmradio at home
Last edited by pgh kenny on Feb 5th 2021, 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Apr 17th 2004, 12:02 pm

I'm checking it out now. I like to read or hear different viewpoints.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Jan 18th 2005, 8:32 pm

In the meantime...

Air America has now grown to 44 stations. You can see list here:

http://www.airamericaradio.com/stations.asp

They have finally made it to Cincinnati. Not here in Vegas yet, darn it.

I have tried to listen to them from time to time but that involves the battle of the bandwidth. My listening tends to slow down the other computer users in the house.

-LanceMan

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Jan 18th 2005, 8:56 pm

I listened to this quite a bit when I was in Madison over my winter break. Of course it hasn't made it to good ol' republican Missoura yet, even Kansas City.
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~