Dawn of the Dead

This is the place to discuss new and old movies or DVD releases of movies. You can also create topics about your favorite actor/actress.
Please post topics related to new productions of the MSCL cast and crew into the "Afterlife" forum.
lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Dawn of the Dead

Post by lance » Mar 22nd 2004, 10:47 am

Hello,

Anybody see the new version currently out in US theaters? What did you think?

I went and saw it yesterday with a buddy. I had never seen the orignal so I didn't have much in the way of expecations. Pretty good, very gory, but good. Apparently there were several cameos by actors from the original films.

-LanceMan

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Mar 22nd 2004, 9:16 pm

I won't watch the remake. No remake of of this movie can be as good as the original. Hollywood, enough with the remakes already!
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Mar 23rd 2004, 8:42 pm

TomSpeed wrote:I won't watch the remake. No remake of of this movie can be as good as the original. Hollywood, enough with the remakes already!
It's a habit they can't seem to break.

-LanceMan

MartinPierre
Yearbook Team

Re: Dawn of the Dead

Post by MartinPierre » Mar 25th 2004, 4:25 pm

lance wrote:Hello,

Anybody see the new version currently out in US theaters? What did you think?

I went and saw it yesterday with a buddy. I had never seen the orignal so I didn't have much in the way of expecations. Pretty good, very gory, but good. Apparently there were several cameos by actors from the original films.

-LanceMan
I have not seen the original either, so I can't judge, but even thought I liked the movie, I left with a feeling of loss...

I can't explain it. It is as if I had been entranced to like the movie WHILE watching, but once I left the theater, I couldn't see why !

This is pretty rare... I was under the impression that my brain had stopped working and once outside, I could see all these huge plot holes.

But when watching it, the rhythm was good enough to actually like it.

There is one big thing I would have preferred :

[spoiler]
there is a segment in the sewers, and they leave the sewer to enter the gun shop.

I would have preferred if they had been brilliant and instead, "carved" a way into his building without leaving the sewers.

Then, they could have smuggled the guns back to the mall, with the gun shop owner, a prepare a counter attack.

I would have loved if they would have laucnhed some kind of counter attack like that - that eventually fails - instead of just hiding for the whole movie

[/spoiler]

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Mar 26th 2004, 10:15 pm

Yeah,

It was to bad that [spoiler] Andy died, his character was pretty good.[/spoiler] The film made back its entire budget in one weekend. Can you say sequel?

-LanceMan