MSCL one of the top 10 cancelled TV shows

Found a reference to "My So-Called Life" in a book, movie, tv show or somewhere else? Then post here!
Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

MSCL one of the top 10 cancelled TV shows

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 25th 2004, 3:16 pm

Interesting little article here about the top 10 cancelled TV shows.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Feb 25th 2004, 6:01 pm

I read this article this morning. Nothing we don't know, but nice to see it get some ink.
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Feb 25th 2004, 8:08 pm

Agreed - it's great whenever the show gets some ink, but Wow!, that article is one heck of a DVD ad.

At first I was wondering why "Relativity" wasn't on the list or even mentioned, but after reading it, the article only lists the shows that have made it to disc, or are close to being released (like "Millennium").

Waitaminnit! But where's "Battlestar Galactica"? "Max Headroom"? "The George Carlin Show"?

Ah, what can ya do? :wink:

Gary

Dave Reed
Jody Barsh

Post by Dave Reed » Feb 26th 2004, 2:56 pm

I didn't know that Peter Krause was in "Sports Night." I may have to rent that sometime soon. I liked his character in "Six Feet Under."

MSCL seems like an oddball in there when they threw in shows like "Homicide: Life On The Street", which lasted some seven seasons. I'm not sure why they included shows that lasted that long, but I guess even long-running shows can be cut short.

"Millennium", in my opinion, lost too much after the first season ended. After that, it just didn't feel the same after the deconstructed all the cool elements. Besides, with conflicting views of when the millennium would occur, they really couldn't carry that show much further than when it ended early 1999.
"Where it's not just a way of life but a toxic adventure & 60's-style love-in"

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Feb 26th 2004, 3:35 pm

I like this list better ... or this one ;-)

Dave Reed
Jody Barsh

Post by Dave Reed » Feb 27th 2004, 2:41 pm

Sascha (sab) wrote:I like this list better ... or this one ;-)
Very cool. The first one mentions Police Squad, which was a classic. I'm surprised that neither of the other two mention it (the other one you mentioned, or the aforementioned page linked at the beginning of this thread). Thankfully, the movies were made and drew attention back to the show.

It's even better that E! labeled MSCL as its #1.
"Where it's not just a way of life but a toxic adventure & 60's-style love-in"

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Mar 17th 2004, 5:06 am

From the Ask Matt column in TV Guide:
Question:
I was just wondering: In the wake of the incredibly bad news about Angel being canceled, which show do you consider the stupidest too-early cancellation ever? Not counting Angel of course, which, IMO, makes it to the top of the list. Murder One? My So-Called Life? EZ Streets? Anybody but me remember The Monroes? Some other show? I'm really curious to hear your answer on this. — Erana Z.

Matt:
I think Angel and Farscape will always be charter members of this club — each coming so close to fulfilling a full run, yet cut at least a year short by small-minded bean counters — but of all the notorious and short-sighted cancellations of shows ahead of their time, I think ABC's treatment of My So-Called Life tops the list. ABC let that one go just before the WB craze of teen angst-dramas kicked in. ABC has been kicking itself over this one ever since. ABC has a number of shows that qualify for this dishonor.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?