Perfect Scene...

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
Chivas

Perfect Scene...

Post by Chivas » Jan 28th 2004, 7:50 pm

that illustrates the relationship between Jordan and Brian in connection to Angela is the Sonnet. Here we see that Jordan is capable of admiting his feelings for Angela (the fact that he loves her), while Brian is not (we see this all throughout the show even in the end when he had the opportunity to declare himself to her). But we then see that Jordan has a lack of words in describing why while Brian handles words very easily (agian we see this in the writing of the letter in the last episode when Brian through his words is able to fill Jordan's vocabulary).

What do you all think?

guest420

Post by guest420 » Jan 29th 2004, 8:20 pm

i agree with you- but what also makes the scene powerful is that although different (1 cool the other a nerd) they are both totally head over heels. the love is not teenage lust but it's totally deep. you can see that they are having feelings for angela the person not angela's body. even with her faults - which they both recognise they realise there's something special about her.
the thing that gets me is when i first watched it i could totally relate to angela's thoughts, actions and even her mistakes. i think all 15 yr olds could. nothing has ever come close to the superbness of this show.
my best scene apart from the walking down the halls bit was the kissing scene in WJCR. No matter how many times i watch it, it never loses it's charm- was that "i wanna make snow.. as like you know.. a living" was a total line that jordan uses all the time. if so why didn't he use it the first time around in DITD???
come on people tell me what do you think??

Whatever

Jordan's line in WJCR

Post by Whatever » Jan 30th 2004, 2:12 pm

guest420 wrote:i agree with you- but what also makes the scene powerful is that although different (1 cool the other a nerd) they are both totally head over heels. the love is not teenage lust but it's totally deep. you can see that they are having feelings for angela the person not angela's body. even with her faults - which they both recognise they realise there's something special about her.
the thing that gets me is when i first watched it i could totally relate to angela's thoughts, actions and even her mistakes. i think all 15 yr olds could. nothing has ever come close to the superbness of this show.
my best scene apart from the walking down the halls bit was the kissing scene in WJCR. No matter how many times i watch it, it never loses it's charm- was that "i wanna make snow.. as like you know.. a living" was a total line that jordan uses all the time. if so why didn't he use it the first time around in DITD???
come on people tell me what do you think??
Well, I don't think he uses that line all the time and what happened in #ep 2 proves it.He practicaly attacked Angela in the car that night( twice) and I think that's what he does. Some girl was in his car and he wanted some action. And in #ep 7, he says those stuff about snow because he wants to slowly relate to her on some level ( "you have to work up to that")

It's also interesting how Angela's world explains this scene;

Where Angela sees love in relation to a scenario where she takes control in the face of an avalanche, Jordan sees love in relation to the relatively simple process of making snow:

"You know those guys? Up in the mountains?"

"What guys?"

"Who make snow? Like as their job?"

"Well, yeah."

"I would really like to do that."
With this, Jordan gives Angela the tender, meaningful kiss she has dreamed about. The timing of the kiss shows us Jordan's attitude on the progress of love. After the kiss, Jordan offers an innocent and thoughtful apology.

"Sorry."

"For what?"

"I interrupted you."
His statement recalls their kiss in "Dancing in the Dark," where Jordan leaves Angela standing on the curb, arms folded in consternation. Here, Jordan again leaves Angela at curbside, but she deliriously dances (to the same music that plays when Jordan leaves her in "Dancing in the Dark") in innocent, childlike steps to her front door.

Re: Perfect Scene...

Post by Guest » Feb 20th 2004, 7:10 pm

Chivas wrote:that illustrates the relationship between Jordan and Brian in connection to Angela is the Sonnet. Here we see that Jordan is capable of admiting his feelings for Angela (the fact that he loves her), while Brian is not (we see this all throughout the show even in the end when he had the opportunity to declare himself to her). But we then see that Jordan has a lack of words in describing why while Brian handles words very easily (agian we see this in the writing of the letter in the last episode when Brian through his words is able to fill Jordan's vocabulary).

What do you all think?
i got to see a clip of that scene from the yearbook room and it interested me how brian had the chance to declare himself and angela looked like she was in love with him, but jordan came along and it was too late. maybe brian should've just moved on to sharon or even rayanne or even rickie!