Jordan's first feelings for Angela?

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
tigerlilly711
Nicky Driscoll

Post by tigerlilly711 » Apr 2nd 2003, 8:16 pm

Personally I think he reciprocates feelings for her, event though he doesnt show it. I think you can tell by the way he says her name. A moment I really thought showed how much he cared for her was when she hugged him underneath the bleachers in Strangers in the House. He looked so caring...you knew there was something there.
This life has been a test, if it had been an actual life, you would have been given instructions on where to go and what to do

Post by guest » Jan 4th 2004, 8:17 pm

i am really enjoying reading this thread. i watched the show in the uk about 8 years ago and it some of the scenes have just like totally stuck with me. i didn't really pick it up on first viewing of the episode but in ditd episode when they are in the car angela is challenging jordan by asking 'you don't even know me' to which he replies 'you talk a lot'. what he means IMHO is that he notices that she talks a lot whenever he is around,. obviously he means she talks a lot to other people but she misreads this confession (that he is kind of drawn to noticing her or whatever) and she tells tells him ''i've like said 8 sentences to you my entire life''.

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Jan 5th 2004, 1:10 am

guest wrote:obviously he means she talks a lot to other people but she misreads this confession (that he is kind of drawn to noticing her or whatever) and she tells tells him ''i've like said 8 sentences to you my entire life''.
I don't think that Jordan has any idea how much Angela talks to other people. I am pretty sure that he is referring to their conversation right then in his car. He's being curt not kind. Jordan wants to kiss her, not so much because it's her, but because she is a girl, and she is babbling. Her indignation at his comment is understandable, IMHO.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Post by Guest » Jan 5th 2004, 8:51 pm

i understand ur point of view and never really considered the scene like that before. but in that scene it is just the 'way' he says it - he's not like frustrated or angry at her. when i see it (last viewing was today after reading ur message) IMHO his words have more of a "i really do like u" ring to them.

it also makes sense to me like this because graham then explains that boys don't know what u want them to be at her age.

the way the 'dance' goes could also explain why we don't see a progression in angela's and jordan's relationship until WJCR. when they do kiss it's like a repeat of the first scene only it goes the way the first one was suposed to.
:D i guess what makes the show great is that the writers let us fill in the gaps for ourselves.

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Jan 5th 2004, 9:56 pm

Anonymous wrote:when they do kiss it's like a repeat of the first scene only it goes the way the first one was suposed to.
I love that too. Especially that Jordan recognizes the similarity: "Sorry -- I iterrupted you" (or whatever it is)
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

msclrules

i'm new

Post by msclrules » Feb 18th 2004, 7:26 pm

i'm new here! i never saw the show b4, but i've been 2 so many sites and now i know all about it! jordan catalano is kind of cute if you think about it! i think that he's just a jerk though, him and angela would've made a great couple. i can't wait till april 2nd to see my so-called life on the N for the first time in my life!
but i have some questions:
1) in the end of the show, do angela and jordan get back together?
2) do brian and angela ever hook up? are there ever any signs of them being in love?
3) are rayanne and angela still friends, even though she did it with jordan?did angela actually see the tape?

i'm guessing brian has a big crush on angela and would do anything to get her to dump jordan, but angela likes jordan.

why was this show cancelled, was there a specific reason? i really think this show should have had at least a second season! :cry: :cry:

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 18th 2004, 8:06 pm

Until the show begins airing in April, you can catch up on all the episodes by reading the transcripts.

To answer your questions in the simplest manner:

(1) it's debatable
(2) no and maybe
(3) not really and yes

Most of these questions have been discussed a lot by MSCL fans for almost ten years now because there are no clear answers (aside from whether Brian and Angela hooked up and if Angela saw the tape). Once you have read the transcripts or seen the episodes, you will understand why there aren't definitive answers to your questions - there's plenty of room for debate on them!
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

grim4746
Krakow

Post by grim4746 » Feb 19th 2004, 5:30 am

I agree with most of what you said but I think the answer to question #3 is
-not really and no (anglea didn't watch the tape)

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 19th 2004, 5:44 am

Hee, see what I mean about no easy answers?

:wink:

I meant that Angela physically saw the tape (meaning she knew that it really existed and wasn't just some figment of Sharon's jealous imagination) and took it from Brian, but she didn't choose to watch the contents after Brian told her that it would just make her feel worse.

I guess it depends on what your definition of "is" is!

:diabolo:

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

grim4746
Krakow

Post by grim4746 » Feb 19th 2004, 3:33 pm

I loved your response. It had occurred to me that you might have meant that she physically saw the tape without viewing it's contents but I thought i'd post anyway just for clarity. You are totally right about there being no easy answers.

Post by Guest » Feb 19th 2004, 4:57 pm

grim4746 wrote:I loved your response. It had occurred to me that you might have meant that she physically saw the tape without viewing it's contents but I thought i'd post anyway just for clarity. You are totally right about there being no easy answers.
Hey about that tape.What do you guys think?Did Brian taped the whole thing, I mean really the whole thing, because he does lower his camera once they got into the car?Yeah, and I always wondered about Rayanne and Jordan-do you think they would ever hook up againg if Angela wasn't in the picture( for example, if Angela finds somebody else)?

Post by Guest » Feb 19th 2004, 5:13 pm

but what is the exact reason that the show got cancelled?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 19th 2004, 6:21 pm

This thread is about Jordan's feelings for Angela. Please read this thread for information about why the show was cancelled.

msclrules
Liberty High Student

Post by msclrules » Feb 22nd 2004, 2:49 pm

grim4746 wrote:I agree with most of what you said but I think the answer to question #3 is
-not really and no (anglea didn't watch the tape)
if angela never actually saw the tape, how did she believe brian? what proof was there that made her believe that rayanne and jordan did it?
~msclrules~

Paulie 891

Post by Paulie 891 » Feb 22nd 2004, 2:56 pm

Anonymous wrote:
Hey about that tape.What do you guys think?Did Brian taped the whole thing, I mean really the whole thing, because he does lower his camera once they got into the car?Yeah, and I always wondered about Rayanne and Jordan-do you think they would ever hook up againg if Angela wasn't in the picture( for example, if Angela finds somebody else)?

I dunno,Bri looked pretty disgusted by the whole thing, so I don't think he was so anxious to stick around.

As for Jordan and Rayanne,I don't think they would hook up again( maybe in a similar situation?!) and it is pretty pointless to discuss what would happen if Angela found somebody new.What we do know from the show is that Angela and Jordan care for each other and what they have is something intense.
IMHO,this whole "Jordan slept with Rayanne thing" is blown out of proportion in a sense that some people assume that just because you slept with someone, you are immedietaly emotionally inolved.most of the time sex is just sex.