Smallville Discussion

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Jun 18th 2003, 9:24 am

Cool. Now I can add to my TV show DVD collection (all I have is MSCL).

Thanks for the info!
:)
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jun 18th 2003, 8:12 pm

More news on the DVD release:
Before the Legend...Before the Icon...He was a teenager growing up in Smallville. The complete first season of the groundbreaking series that chronicles the life of the boy who would be Superman is flying onto DVD in a 6-disc collector's set with super bonus features

* Audio Commentary : Pilot and First Episode
* DVD ROM Features : Link to Smallville site featuring added bonus material
* Deleted Scenes : Pilot
* Interactive tour of Smallville
* Storyboards
* TV Spot
(an actual non-Canadian pilot version picture!)
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by mglenn » Oct 2nd 2003, 3:30 pm

OK was it me or was Lana not only annoying but down right stupid this week?

[spoiler]She says that she can't go look for Clark cause the Luthor Corp is going to close her down blah blah blah, but she has plenty of time to run off for a few days in the city for the funeral? It just didn't make sense to me.[/spoiler]
"When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit." - Ayn Rand

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 2nd 2003, 3:34 pm

To quote BtVS, it's insane troll logic!

:wink:

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by mglenn » Oct 6th 2003, 9:22 am

Every week I just pray for Lois Lane to show up and bitchslap Lana because she's a little whiny child! Better yet have Lois push her off a bridge in to a raging stream and as she's falling have Lois say: "Thats what friends are for, right?" It would be the highlight of the television season.
"When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit." - Ayn Rand

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Oct 6th 2003, 10:57 am

mglenn wrote:Every week I just pray for Lois Lane to show up and bitchslap Lana because she's a little whiny child! Better yet have Lois push her off a bridge in to a raging stream and as she's falling have Lois say: "Thats what friends are for, right?" It would be the highlight of the television season.
Word.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 15th 2003, 7:50 pm

S2 DVD release info from tvshowsondvd:
Great news for fans of the WBs Smallville. Warner Bros has told us to expect the second season set to be released sometime in the first half of 2004. We're going to put our money on the latter half of the time, so we expect the set to be hitting store shelves April-June, although they may just surprise us with an earlier release date. As always, when more information becomes available we'll post it to the site.

It's looking more and more like 2004 is going to be an incredible year for Warner Bros. The other studios should look out because 2004 is going to have WB all over it.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 29th 2004, 11:10 pm

From kryptonsite:
KRYPTONSITE EXCLUSIVE!
Smallville Season 2 DVD Special Features!
KryptonSite is happy to announce to you that we have received word from a very reliable source of what many of the special features for the Smallville Season 2 DVD set will be.

The current plan, we hear, is for the DVD set to come around the time of the third season finale in May, although no date has been announced as of yet. But, feast your eyes on some of the things that we can look forward to:
Commentaries on two episodes: "Red" with two commentary tracks - Al Gough, Miles Millar, and writer Jeph Loeb OR series stars Tom Welling, Kristin Kreuk, and Michael Rosenbaum with co-executive producer Greg Beeman; and "Rosetta" with commentary by Al Gough and Miles Millar, OR series stars Tom Welling, Kristin Kreuk, and Michael Rosenbaum, with directors Greg Beeman and James Marshall!

The COMPLETE series of "Chloe Chronicles" "webisodes" starring Allison Mack as Chloe Sullivan

Gag reel

Deleted scenes

Two special featurettes - one focusing on the magic behind Smallville's visual effects, and another focusing on a monumental event in Smallville history ("Rosetta," perhaps?)
We're also told that an "and more" can be added to that. Needless to say, it looks like May will be a very good month!

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 13th 2004, 2:08 am

News from tvshowsondvd (where you can also view the cover art):
Smallville - The Complete 2nd Season crashes into a wheat field near you on May 25, 2004. This season includes the episode "Rosetta", with special guest star Cristopher Reeve (who played Superman in the theatrical films from the 70's/80's).

Presented in anamorphic widescreen, with English 2.0 Stereo sound, and subtitles in English, French, and Spanish. This will also be closed captioned for the hearing impaired. The running time on this 6-DVD set is 1045 minutes. What will all this run you? A mere $59.98 SRP.

Here is a list of extras on this set:
Deleted scenes from several episodes, including "Heat", "Duplicity", "Dichotic", "Prodigal", "Fever", and "Exodus".
Commentary tracks on several episodes, including "Red" and "Rosetta".
Featurette: "The Chloe Chronicles"
Featurette: "Faster Than a Speeding Bullet: The Visual FX of Smallville"
Featurette: "Christopher Reeve: Man of Steel"
Gag Reel

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 23rd 2004, 4:48 am

tvshowsondvd reports the following S3 special features:
Disc 1:
Commentary on "Exile" (Al Gough - Executive Producer; Miles Millar - Executive Producer; Greg Beeman - Executive Producer/Director; Ken Horton - Executive Producer; Michael Rosenbaum "Lex Luthor")
Deleted Scenes: "Exile" and "Slumber"

Disc 2:
Deleted Scenes: "Shattered"

Disc 4:
Deleted Scenes: "Velocity," "Obsession," "Resurrection," and "Crisis"

Disc 5:
Commentary on "Truth" (James Marshall - Director; Allison Mack - "Chloe Sullivan"; John Glover - "Lionel Luthor")
Commentary on "Memoria" (Al Gough - Executive Producer; Miles Millar - Executive Producer/Director; Greg Beeman - Executive Producer; Ken Horton - Executive Producer; Michael Rosenbaum "Lex Luthor")
Deleted Scenes: "Memoria"
Producing SMALLVILLE: The Heroes Behind the Camera (behind-the-scenes production documentary)
Easter Egg

Disc 6:
The Chloe Chronicles: Volume II (webisodes)
Smallville Comic Book Issue #8 (menu based - interactive comic book - bridges the story between Chloe Chronicles 6 & 7)
Deleted Scenes: "Talisman" and"Forsaken"
Gag Reel

You'll notice that Disc 3 isn't mentioned in the listing above, but that's because there aren't any special features on it.
The release is scheduled for November 16.

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Aug 23rd 2004, 3:05 pm

Megs wrote:Yeah, Lana is too much. Did you see last week's? I love EvilClark. And EvilChloe and EvilPete made me laugh. The comments EvilChloe made to the scientist studying the cave artwork ("You're the cunning linguist. Translate this: Kiss. My. Ass.") and to Lex about him being able to afford a decent toupee cracked me up.

Yeah, Lana, you really look broken up over Whitney's death. And , what was that? Your parents died? Really? By the meteorite? Wow. You've never mentioned that. :wink: Lana's favorite subject is herself.

Have you ever read the recaps by Omar on http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com? Hilarious! I don't watch Dawson's Creek anymore, but I read Jessica's recaps and they crack me up. Especially last week's.

I haven't had cable this past year, so I had a friend of mine sending me tapes every month of Smallville and Angel. but for some reason, she stopped halfway through and I had to find episode summaries on the net to catch up. the best one by far was the televisionwithoutpity site! it was so funny. they really have no pity for the characters. they make fun of everything. I think they hate all the characters except Lionel Luthor. but they actually have pretty detailed summaries too. very entertaining!! :lol:

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 23rd 2004, 3:14 pm

I really heart TWoP. Megs and I are always trying to pimp their site out to people.

:mrgreen:

Have you read this thread? It's AWESOME!

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Aug 23rd 2004, 10:42 pm

emmie wrote:best one by far was the televisionwithoutpity site! it was so funny. they really have no pity for the characters. they make fun of everything. I think they hate all the characters except Lionel Luthor. but they actually have pretty detailed summaries too. very entertaining!! :lol:
Yeah, Omar does the Smallville recaps. He is almost as awesome as Kim. :D